I absolutley HATE LSU, but they will smoke TCU

37,400 Views | 250 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Longhorn Doc
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I was a little surprised with LSU's decision to start Poche. Although he's been their Friday guy most of the year, Lange is their ace, and started the first game of the super, IIRC. Who knows what TCU would have done against Lange, but I think Mainieri screwed up on his starting pitcher decision.
It sounded like he wanted to get the lefty-lefty matchup. TCU is heavy on left handers.
Macarthur
quote:
Gotta give the frogs a ton of credit. Just winning right now.

I don't think there's a position player on their team outside of the center fielder (and he's a stud) that would've started for the Aggies this year. Yet they continue to find ways to win with excellent pitching and a healthy dose of make your own baseball luck

Lol. That's rich.
dfphotos
Back to back CWS, pure GD luck
LSU Baseball Fan
I have no words.

Unbelievable performance. Just pathetic.

Is this team seriously going to go 2 and cue? Again? After all this effort?

Just atrocious. And now it looks like Vandy will be eliminating us on Tuesday. Hurray!

We might as well have stayed in Baton Rouge and let UL Lafayette go if this is how we're going to play. At least they would give the fans in Omaha a good show.

LSU will never be a national power in baseball again like we used to be under Skip Bertman. Those days are gone, and they're not coming back anytime soon.

We don't have the pitching to claw our way through the losers' bracket, so all I'm hoping for is that we get at least one win to send the upperclassmen out on a slightly less crappy note.
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
Tcu jumped out of the gate against us then struggled to score. I will be shocked if we don't see similar again.
aeon-ag
Yea, yea, LSU really smoked 'em didn't they!
twk
AG
quote:
quote:
I was a little surprised with LSU's decision to start Poche. Although he's been their Friday guy most of the year, Lange is their ace, and started the first game of the super, IIRC. Who knows what TCU would have done against Lange, but I think Mainieri screwed up on his starting pitcher decision.
It sounded like he wanted to get the lefty-lefty matchup. TCU is heavy on left handers.
Sure, that's a factor, but I also think he may have let the thought run through his mind that he wanted Lange for the winner's bracket game. Maybe I'm wrong, and he's just got a lefty/lefty matchup obsession, but I suspect it was a little of both.
jkag89
Poche was rolling until his Matt Farnum 2003 Regional A&M vs UofH type moment . TCU looked very good in both at the plate and in the field, LSU would have had their hands full even without the errors.

I get wanting the SEC to do well but I not sure why so many wanted LSU to smoke TCU. I would think many would want the team that eliminated the Ags to at least show their quality, or does that make it that much more painful? In other words, if TCU got smoked the Aggies really did not have a chance in Omaha anyways so losing the the Supers is less of a big deal.
Agsroll
AG
quote:
I get wanting the SEC to do well but I not sure why so many wanted LSU to smoke TCU. I would think many would want the team that eliminated the Ags to at least show their quality, or does that make it that much more painful? In other words, if TCU got smoked the Aggies really did not have a chance in Omaha anyways so losing the the Supers is less of a big deal.
I think this is the definition of moral victories.
twk
AG
quote:
Poche was rolling until his Matt Farnum 2003 Regional A&M vs UofH type moment . TCU looked very good in both at the plate and in the field, LSU would have had their hands full even without the errors.

I don't have anything against TCU, but, from A&M's standpoint, it's probably better for us, all other things being equal, for SEC teams to do well at Omaha. Now, while I was leaning toward wanting LSU to win yesterday, that won't stop me from experiencing a little Schadenfreude when I go over and peruse the LSU bulletin board.
TexasRebel
AG
If TCU wins it all, it'll be rough that we lost the 4th game of a 3 game series on an E5 after ample blown ball/strike calls.
Agsroll
AG
quote:
If TCU wins it all, it'll be rough that we lost the 4th game of a 3 game series on an E5 after ample blown ball/strike calls.
swimmerbabe11
quote:

Dude both teams were getting bad calls. That strike zone was absolutely wonky on both sides.
ontheway
AG
Bdf
TexasRebel
AG
And it still is! Yesterday I watched the catcher line up dead center, catch a fastball without moving, and go-pro umpire called a ball.
hillcountryag86
AG
quote:
I have no words.

Just atrocious. And now it looks like Vandy will be eliminating us on Tuesday. Hurray!

We might as well have stayed in Baton Rouge and let UL Lafayette go if this is how we're going to play. At least they would give the fans in Omaha a good show.

LSU will never be a national power in baseball again like we used to be under Skip Bertman. Those days are gone, and they're not coming back anytime soon.

We don't have the pitching to claw our way through the losers' bracket, so all I'm hoping for is that we get at least one win to send the upperclassmen out on a slightly less crappy note.
Change a few words in that post, and you could be an Aggie.
Agsroll
AG
quote:
quote:
I have no words.

Not without a discussion of the umps screwing us.
homey d clown
quote:
I have to admit, like an idiot I took the advice of the "experts" on this thread and put some $ on LSU. Based on the confidence and certainty a lot of you posters were writing, I fully bought in.
What a bunch of losers, me most of all.
I'm owning up to my idiocy. I hope all you jerkoffs who wrote how one sided this would be also have the balls to eat your crow tonight. That was an absolute ass kicking.
I'm glad you guys don't give stock advice. Aggie nation would be broke in days

People wearing maroon glasses that hate all other Texas teams (especially Big 12 teams), are not a good source for betting advice.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:
quote:
I have no words.

Don't forget that the entire network's commentators clearly are anti-A&M as well.
Boxer
I'll give you this...Morrison was getting that slider called about 6" off the outside edge to righties. Can't hit a guy with that kind of stuff and getting those kinds of strike calls.

edit: I don't know why I called him Patterson...it's Morrison
jkag89
quote:
quote:

I don't have anything against TCU, but, from A&M's standpoint, it's probably better for us, all other things being equal, for SEC teams to do well at Omaha. Now, while I was leaning toward wanting LSU to win yesterday, that won't stop me from experiencing a little Schadenfreude when I go over and peruse the LSU bulletin board.
I agree that it helps us in the long run the better the SEC plays in Omaha, that doesn't mean I want TCU to look like chumps in the process.

I want the SEC to do well but if it were between having multiple SEC teams in the CWS (and playing well) or just the Aggies being there, I'll take the Aggies every time. I'm sure this is how Froggie fans feel about the BDF.
twk
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I agree that it helps us in the long run the better the SEC plays in Omaha, that doesn't mean I want TCU to look like chumps in the process.

I want the SEC to do well but if it were between having multiple SEC teams in the CWS (and playing well) or just the Aggies being there, I'll take the Aggies every time. I'm sure this is how Froggie fans feel about the BDF.
I agree that there's nothing to be gained for us by TCU getting beat big time. 1-0 LSU would have been my preferred outcome, but I'm not losing any sleep over TCU winning.
Yell Practice
The Frogs looked very good. It is a shame that the Aggies are not in Omaha this year.
Ginsang
AG
quote:

It might have something to do with how easy it is to root against TCU and their fans. That's at least my opinion, after watching a handful of their games over the last couple weeks.

I didn't even watch their game against LSU. TCU fans succeed in putting me in a bad mood, consistently. Not really something I'll sign up for unless our guys play them.
Sean98
AG
quote:
quote:
Gotta give the frogs a ton of credit. Just winning right now.

I don't think there's a position player on their team outside of the center fielder (and he's a stud) that would've started for the Aggies this year. Yet they continue to find ways to win with excellent pitching and a healthy dose of make your own baseball luck

Wow do you watch much baseball? I understand bias to a degree. They had several players who would start over ours and are better all around players.
CF, Catcher, 3B and none of those are really even close...
TXAggie2011
AG
The quality of Texas A&M's baseball program is going to be determined by Texas A&M.

There are great SEC programs, there are bad SEC programs. We receive no free pass from our association with the SEC.

When TCU beats the **** out of LSU, or if TCU goes on and wins this thing or makes the final series or whatever...to me, that is just further evidence of self-determination of the quality of your program.

If TCU can do it, so can Texas A&M. We don't need LSU or Vanderbilt or Florida or Arkansas to take care of TCU for us.

To be fair, yes, our association with the "best" conference in college baseball is nice to have and I do recognize that. But I think that is very, very, very secondary to how our administration and our coaches run our program. Further, TCU making a run isn't going to dethrone the SEC. The SEC isn't that fragile.

Don't over-analyze this.
Macarthur
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I have no words.

Don't forget that the entire network's commentators clearly are anti-A&M as well.

This is funny because I have family that went to TCU and they couldn't stop talking about how anti-TCU the commentators were.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
This is funny because I have family that went to TCU and they couldn't stop talking about how anti-TCU the commentators were.
And meanwhile on the football board, you can read 18 threads about how Outside the Lines did a big investigation into a bunch of universities in "college towns" because it was their sneaky way to write a bad report about Texas A&M.

I've given up on the conspiracy theorists.
mhayden
Just wait until TCU actually plays a tough opponent... errr... in a real conference... err... heck what is the "TCU isn't that good" company line of the day?
Tex100
AG
quote:
The quality of Texas A&M's baseball program is going to be determined by Texas A&M.

There are great SEC programs, there are bad SEC programs. We receive no free pass from our association with the SEC.

When TCU beats the **** out of LSU, or if TCU goes on and wins this thing or makes the final series or whatever...to me, that is just further evidence of self-determination of the quality of your program.

If TCU can do it, so can Texas A&M. We don't need LSU or Vanderbilt or Florida or Arkansas to take care of TCU for us.

To be fair, yes, our association with the "best" conference in college baseball is nice to have and I do recognize that. But I think that is very, very, very secondary to how our administration and our coaches run our program. Further, TCU making a run isn't going to dethrone the SEC. The SEC isn't that fragile.

Don't over-analyze this.
"there are bad SEC programs"

Not really. Even the bottom teams are tough to beat.
Stone44
AG
tcu won one game. BFD! There is a lot more ball to play in a really tough bracket.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
"there are bad SEC programs"

Not really. Even the bottom teams are tough to beat.

Well, then I'm sure Tennessee is very happy about not making the post-season since 2005 and I'm sure Auburn is very happy about not making a Super Regional in this century and Kentucky is very happy about never making a Super Regional...

...and I hope that clarifies what I meant.
TexasRebel
AG
You can blame those stinking auto-qualifiers for that.

If not for t.u., UT would have had a chance!
Longhorn Doc
quote:

Don't over-analyze this.
Well said.

If I were an aggie, I would be proud of the way my team battled TCU. That series could have easily gone to TAMU and it would have been A&M against LSU.

And, based on what I watched, I would say that TAMU's baseball team was superior to LSU's.

It can't be expressed any other way - LSU got to the CWS and choked. Making the errors they did was a prime example of it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.