***Recruiting Thread***

215,043 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by deh40
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not exactly but don't bring your BS football bashing here. Sumlin offered plenty of guys early. He just doesn't offer everyone when you want him to.
LawHall88
AG
2018 PG Ayo Dosunmu:

quote:
28. Ayo Dosunmu Morgan Park 6-3 PG
Charlie Moore's backcourt running mate with Morgan Park and the Mustangs' No. 2 scoring option last season has emerged as a top prospect this spring occasionally playing up an age group with Mac Irvin Fire in the EYBL. Dosunmu has four 20-plus point performances out of six 17U games and is averaging 18.8 points, 5.0 rebounds and 3.5 assists. Other notable offers: SMU, Texas A&M, Northwestern, UNLV.

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illini-sports/mens-basketball/2016-06-09/scouting-six-2018-illini-hoops-recruiting-targets.ht
LawHall88
AG
According to Evan Daniels:

quote:
2018 guard Quinten Grimes will take an unofficial visit to Texas A&M today, per his coach. Top 40 player in his class.
LawHall88
AG
2017 PF Jaren Jackson, Jr.:

quote:
During the spring, Jackson played in the Nike EYBL for Spiece Indy where he averaged 17.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game. After scoring eight points in the EYBL opener, Jackson went 15 straight games with double figures including a 35 point, nine rebound performance in his third game. Jackson went for 30 points against the Nike EYBL stop in Hampton, VA.

The stellar play in the Nike EYBL resulted in a leap into the five-star status of the recruiting world as ESPN currently has him No. 25 in the nation and 247 Sports moved him up to No. 19. Overall he grades out as the No. 33 prospect in the country according to 247 Sports' composite rankings.

Given his current status, the interest of college coaches also ratcheted up.

"Purdue has shown a lot of interest," said Jackson. "Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland are the Big 10 schools that are talking to me. New schools such as Kansas, Texas, Texas A&M, and Arkansas just jumped in as well.

http://www.umhoops.com/2016/06/13/jaren-jackson-makes-first-cut-usa-basketball-talks-michigan/
mdanyc03
AG
quote:
According to Evan Daniels:

quote:
2018 guard Quinten Grimes will take an unofficial visit to Texas A&M today, per his coach. Top 40 player in his class.

Jerry Meyer recently predicted him to a&m.
citizenkane06
LawHall88
AG
quote:

Evan Daniels
@EvanDaniels
Shammond Williams joining staff at Western Kentucky. Important to note that he's the Godfather of five-star center Mitchell Robinson.
GE
AG
quote:
quote:

Evan Daniels
@EvanDaniels
Shammond Williams joining staff at Western Kentucky. Important to note that he's the Godfather of five-star center Mitchell Robinson.

What a weird deal that would be if someone that good went to WKU.
txag614
Would laugh my ass off if Robinson played at Western Kentucky.
LawHall88
AG
2018 G Javonte Smart:

quote:
Javonte Smart: Smart is a legitimate two-way 6'3" guard, who can play both on and off the ball, depending on match-ups. Defensively, the 2018 five-star has the size, athleticism, and demonstrated desire to be a quality on the ball defender. Off the ball, he is very good at playing the passing lanes, routinely anticipating errant passes. While Smart believes he will be a point guard in the long-term and is certainly capable of giving the American team minutes at the point guard position, he's very valuable as an off-the-ball scorer, who can create offense for himself, under adverse conditions. Smart is being recruited by programs like Baylor, LSU, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Wake Forest, and Texas.

And more on Collin Sexton:

quote:
Collin Sexton: The Nike EYBL's leading scorer, Sexton can bring instant offense to the roster. A natural scorer, they were looking for a penetrator who could help set-up teammates and create his own shot. Sexton is the best on the team at drawing fouls off of penetration, which is how he often generates high scoring totals. Defensively, he generally played good on-the-ball defense, generating steals with his active hands. Not a natural point guard, Sexton, who is very vocal, played both on and off the ball. For USA Basketball, they're looking for him primarily to play the point guard position with limited turnovers, as he becomes more adjusted to the position. Sexton has offers from Alabama, Kansas, Arizona, Florida St., Texas A&M, Georgia, Ole Miss, and Seton Hall.

http://247sports.com/Article/USA-U-17-World-Championship-Team-Breakdown-45807909
GE
AG
I continue to be impressed with this staff's work ethic in terms of scouting and offering guys early. I'm not volunteering, but it would be nice if someone compiled an **accurate** running list of what offers are outstanding, kind of like TexAgs has for football
phorizt
The most accurate list I have found is actually on verbalcommits.com

Most of their info is just pulled from Twitter but it's more up to date than any of the major recruiting sites
Method Man
wacarnolds
AG
Great name
Method Man
Immanuel in Space
mcag83
AG
quote:
Immanuel in Space

Antwan will not be happy about that.
Method Man
mdanyc03
AG
http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/659034?referrer_id=

Jay jay chandler mix tape
LawHall88
AG
More on Ayo Dosunmu:

quote:
Recently Texas A&M hired assistant coach Isaac Chew, and one of his first moves was to offer Dosunum.

About the offer from Chew and A&M, Dosunmu said, "He was just saying that he likes how I play, and how I compete. We have talked a lot, and it is good to have that offer."

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1678831-dosunmu-talks-offers-and-visit
wacarnolds
AG
quote:
Immanuel in Space
Classic!
Method Man
Thank you!
LawHall88
AG
More on Immanuel Quickley:

quote:
On June 13 I wrote about the expected explosion in Quickley's recruitment: Will Blue Bloods offer Immanuel Quickley?

Since then, Arizona, Maryland, Texas A&M and UCLA have offered Quickley, who is a 6-4, 175-pound point guard in the class of 2018 from Bel Air (Md.) John Carroll School.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Arizona-Maryland-Texas-AM-and-UCLA-offer-Immanuel-Quickley-45833747

LawHall88
AG
2017 SG Thomas Allen:

quote:
When it comes to his recruitment things are beginning to get more crowded by the day as high-major offers keep piling in.

"NC State, St. Louis, Texas A&M, Xavier, Nebraska, and I've been hearing from VCU, Monmouth, Ohio State, and I heard from Kansas right before I came to the camp," noted Allen.

With a constantly expanding list of offers Allen has more and more schools to choose from, but already he knows two of his visits.

"I am going to Saint Louis on August 2 and Texas A&M in September," said Allen.

About the visit to Saint Louis, Allen said, "They just want me to come in and play the point guard role on that team and see the campus and what they have to offer."

When it comes to Texas A&M he added, "Texas A&M is in the SEC which is a good league. They want me to come in and be a scorer who stretches the floor and leads the team."

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1679429-nbpa-thomas-allen-continues-to-add-offers
Method Man
It's a good league!
LonghornsNo1
quote:
2017 SG Jordan Goodwin and SF Savion Flagg:

quote:
As Srodulski said, the biggest targets for 2017 are four-star shooting guard Jordan Goodwin and small forward Savion Flagg. With the team certainly in need of backcourt skill and losing two wings, Goodwin and Flagg would fill those positional needs.

A bowling ball of a guard, Goodwin has shot up the rankings this spring, earning offers from Big Ten rivals Ohio State and Michigan State as well as Texas and Texas A&M. The Wildcats' biggest competition for the Belleville, Ill. (just east of Saint Louis) native, though, might be Illinois. All five of 247's predictions have him headed to Champaign.

quote:
Flagg seems to be the next-most-important prospect. A Texas native, he's picked up offers from Texas and Texas A&M and, like Goodwin, has impressed this spring. Collins will undoubtedly be looking for wing scoring in 2017, and Flagg could fit the bill.

http://www.insidenu.com/2016/6/7/11872670/northwestern-basketball-recruiting-2017-savion-flagg-jordan-goodwin

An update on Mitchell Robinson:

quote:
Mitchell Robinson, a one time pledge to Texas A&M back on Oct. 3, re-opened the process. Currently, North Carolina and LSU look to be the frontrunners for the mobile 7-footer. He has long arms, finishes around the basket, runs the floor well, contests every shot in his area, shows good instincts and has great upside.

Matched up against highly-regarded Wendell Carter in the Nike EYBL competition, Mitchell won the matchup.

LSU has intensified their efforts for Robinson but Texas A&M is not going away. Alabama has joined the fray led by head coach Avery Johnson.

http://sportsnola.com/lsu-tulane-hard-work-basketball-recruiting-trail/

From the same article:

quote:
Cedric Russell (6-2, 185) is another combo guard who does have an offer on the table from the Tigers. The Peabody Magnet star also has interest from Texas A&M, Vandy, Baylor, Oklahoma State watching his progress.

Savion Flagg just finished 6th in scoring at the prestigious NBA Top 100 Camp. Apparently, his performance garnered the attention of Louisville who is now on the Alvin wingman. I am hearing though that the Aggies may be the favorite to land Flagg who is definitely picking up steam this spring, ranked #64 on the recently released ESPN rankings for the 2017 class.
phorizt
http://www.hoopseen.com/news/player/201606/one-school-making-a-difference-2017-guard-victor-bailey

Ags making an impression on 2017 Top 100 Austin McNeil PG Victor Bailey.

This kid has quite a pedigree too... his mom was a 3 time olympic sprinter and his dad an NFL WR. His mom is an assistant track coach at texas.
phorizt
quote:
2017 C Kevin Samuel:

quote:
The 6-foot-10, 220-pound 2017 center from Houston St. Thomas Episcopal was all over the place on defense, blocking shots and rebounding, while on offense he scored on the glass and made some impressive passes.

He's got a terrific frame with wide shoulders and long arms, plays very hard and has terrific instincts on defense.

"I'm a good shot blocker, I'm a good defender and I have good post moves," Samuel said. "I'm working on my dribbling skills and shooting so I can have an inside and out game."

Samuel listed three schools recruiting him the hardest.

"Boise State, Texas A&M and Houston," Samuel said, before breaking down what he likes about each of them.

Boise State: "Me and the assistant coach (Phil) Beckner are really cool; we talk a lot."

Texas A&M: "I haven't been out there yet but coach Ulric (Maligi) just went there and he's trying to get me there with him."

Houston: "They were the first ones who offered me a scholarship so they're really trying to get me there."

As of now there's no timetable on Samuel's decision.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1675626-pangos-three-prioritizing-2017-kevin-samuel
Samuel is now the composite #65 player in the country. We seem to be in good shape for him.

Kevin Samuel- Pangos highlights
mdanyc03
AG
All very encouraging
mcag83
AG
We need to reel in Samuel.
USNAggie44
Any chance we get Markell Johnson? I'd say pretty low
phorizt
quote:
interesting. I hadn't seen anything on this kid until now. Appears to be a kid that Chew was recruiting while at VT. National top 60 kid who recently reclassified from the 2017 to the 2016 class. According to his twitter he was on an official visit to A&M on 6/10 but I hadn't seen any mention of that any other place. Listed as a PG but averaged 31 points and only 3 assists in HS so he's probably more of an undersized scoring guard.

NC State leads the crystal ball but A&M has 1 recent CB pick(the guy that made the pick is 27% accurate on his picks so that probably doesn't mean much).
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
Supposedly he is going to announce his decision today in honor of his deceased father.

If he is reclassifying to 2016, I'm skeptical a 4-star PG with lots of options would be interested in joining a recruiting class that already has J.J. Caldwell in it.

That said, he did just do an official visit to A&M on June 10th so there clearly was some legit interest on both sides to at least explore the possibility. But back to my first just quick impression, 2016 already has Caldwell plus we got that grad transfer Hampton and the Johnson kid said that he was looking for a place where he could play right away as a freshman.
phorizt
quote:
quote:
Supposedly he is going to announce his decision today in honor of his deceased father.

If he is reclassifying to 2016, I'm skeptical a 4-star PG with lots of options would be interested in joining a recruiting class that already has J.J. Caldwell in it.

That said, he did just do an official visit to A&M on June 10th so there clearly was some legit interest on both sides to at least explore the possibility. But back to my first just quick impression, 2016 already has Caldwell plus we got that grad transfer Hampton and the Johnson kid said that he was looking for a place where he could play right away as a freshman.
Not sure that matters much when NC State just signed a 5 star PG in this class and they appear to be the leader. Xavier is another option and they also have a top 100 2016 PG already but Johnson's mom says she wants him to go out of state. This kid is an elite level scorer so he can play with another PG. I think he finished 2nd in scoring average at the EYBL tourney with all of the top players in the country.

it appears he only took 3 official visits. 1 to VT when Chew was still there, NC State and A&M. He must really like Chew.
turboboost
AG
Any word on a Markell Johnson out of Cleveland, OH?
mdanyc03
AG
quote:
Any word on a Markell Johnson out of Cleveland, OH?

Here is a link for some info on him.

http://texags.com/forums/7/topics/2743166/0#discussion

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.