***Recruiting Thread***

215,115 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by deh40
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can't say we aren't offering a lot of people. Thanks law for your tireless work.
Method Man
LawHall88
AG
2018 SF Gerald Liddell:
quote:
The 6-foot-8, 185-pound rising junior from Cibolo, Texas, is the top-ranked wing and eighth-best prospect nationally according to the 247Sports Composite and new offers are coming in weekly.

"I'm mostly hearing from all the Texas schools and it's starting to branch out throughout the whole country," Liddell told 247Sports during Sunday's Under Armour Association Session III camp in California.

Liddell doesn't have a favorite and said he's received offers from Tennessee, N.C. State, Florida State, Iowa State, Kansas and UCLA, in addition to several programs within the Lone Star State including SMU, Texas and Texas A&M.

"I just want to have a good relationship with the coaches and a great team around me," Liddell said.
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-schools-salivating-over-five-star-2018-wing-Gerald-Liddell-45549323

2017 SG Josh Anderson:
quote:
"Baylor, Texas A&M, N.C. State, LSU, Arkansas and Florida," Anderson replied when asked which schools were recruiting him the hardest.

Anderson hasn't taken any visits at this time, and he told Meyer he plans to make several trips this summer. In addition to the group above, he said Texas, Wake Forest and Purdue are other schools he's hearing from often.

"(I'm looking for a school) that will help build me on and off the court," Anderson told Meyer during Sunday's Under Armour Association Session III camp in California. "And, of course, playing time."
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Four-star-shooting-guard-Josh-Anderson-ready-for-ratings-update-45552098
phorizt
anyone know much about this Kevin Samuel kid from Houston St. Thomas Episcopal? One site shows he has an offer from us but some of the recruiting sites don't even have a profile for him. 6'9"-6'10" athletic big man. I believe he's only been in the US a year or two and is from the Bahamas.
mdanyc03
AG
2017?
phorizt
Yes
wacarnolds
AG
quote:
Collin Sexton, class of 2017 PG:

quote:
Since his EYBL dominance, Sexton has picked up offers from Arizona, Kansas, LSU, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State and Arkansas, among others.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/collin-sexton-is-unranked-and-happens-to-be-the-most-dominant-player-in-the-eybl-nike-eybl-southern-stampede
from Adam Zagoria

quote:
2017 Point Guard Collin Sexton planning June visits to Arizona and Texas A&M https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/2017-point-guard-collin-sexton-to-cut-list-this-summer/181262986?tcid=tw_article_181262986
#65 overall in 2017
GE
AG
Hard worker and right in our wheelhouse in terms of where recent recruits have been ranked. Need to start pulling them in for 2017
LawHall88
AG
2019 SF D.J. Jeffries:

quote:
Small forward D.J. Jeffries, one of the top overall prospects in the 2019 class, is starting to get a lot of interest from the Jayhawks, according to 247sports. Jerry Meyer, the company's director of basketball scouting, compared Jeffries to a young Paul Pierce:

A five-star talent, Jeffries has a natural ease to his scoring that made me think of Paul Pierce as I watched him at last weekend's Under Armour event. Jeffries also has a nose for the ball and is a strong rebounder and quality all around player.

The 6'7", 185-pounder already has offers from Iowa State and Texas A&M, while Kentucky and North Carolina have also ramped up their pursuit of him.

http://www.chatsports.com/kansas-jayhawks/a/kansas-basketball-recruiting-jayhawks-pursuing-5-star-sf-malik-newman-visit-29234
mallen
AG
I think being one of the first offers a kid receives gives us a leg up in the process. Looks like we were the first (or second) to offer Jeffries. DJ Hogg mentioned that one of the reasons he selected us was because we were the first school to offer him (as a Freshmen, I believe).
phorizt
we offered 2017 PG Thomas Allen today. From Garner NC but transferring to Brewster Academy in NH for his senior year. Looks like more of a scorer than a distributor based on the fact that I've watched several videos of his and haven't seen any assists yet.

phorizt
oh and Shareef Abdur Rahim has a son(Amir's nephew) who is class of 2020 and supposed to be one of the top HS freshmen in the country. We offered him this week as well.
wacarnolds
AG
quote:
oh and Shareef Abdur Rahim has a son(Amir's nephew) who is class of 2020 and supposed to be one of the top HS freshmen in the country. We offered him this week as well.

Scary to read class of 2020
agfan1030
Since I have been following Aggie bball (late Gilispie era) I don't recall so many top recruits being offered by the Ags as have been the last two years and this year. From those of you more in the know...am I right (or should I say amirite). ??? Even during Turgeon's era we didn't seem very confident in landing any of them.
waltonhall95
AG
quote:
Since I have been following Aggie bball (late Gilispie era) I don't recall so many top recruits being offered by the Ags as have been the last two years and this year. From those of you more in the know...am I right (or should I say amirite). ??? Even during Turgeon's era we didn't seem very confident in landing any of them.
I think Turg did. Just from memory he offered Rasheed Sulaimon, Shaq Cleare, the Harrison twins, Jabari Parker, Kyrie Irving, Perry Ellis. Difference is BK is actually signing them too.
Method Man
Only Shaq Cleare is at the level of players we are getting. Maybe sulaimon. We still aren't getting top ten types.
waltonhall95
AG
I'd say we recruit and sign top non-one-and-done talent.

Of that list only Jabari and Kyrie were one and done's
Method Man
I like who we are signing.
wacarnolds
AG
quote:
Only Shaq Cleare is at the level of players we are getting. Maybe sulaimon. We still aren't getting top ten types.

Sulaimon was #13 in the nation
Method Man
I have the benefit of watching him.
Method Man
wacarnolds
AG
quote:
I like who we are signing.

Yup. But I thought we were just talking about caliber of recruits
Method Man
We were. Just saying as a matter of ...fact.
LawHall88
AG
2017 C Kevin Samuel:

quote:
The 6-foot-10, 220-pound 2017 center from Houston St. Thomas Episcopal was all over the place on defense, blocking shots and rebounding, while on offense he scored on the glass and made some impressive passes.

He's got a terrific frame with wide shoulders and long arms, plays very hard and has terrific instincts on defense.

"I'm a good shot blocker, I'm a good defender and I have good post moves," Samuel said. "I'm working on my dribbling skills and shooting so I can have an inside and out game."

Samuel listed three schools recruiting him the hardest.

"Boise State, Texas A&M and Houston," Samuel said, before breaking down what he likes about each of them.

Boise State: "Me and the assistant coach (Phil) Beckner are really cool; we talk a lot."

Texas A&M: "I haven't been out there yet but coach Ulric (Maligi) just went there and he's trying to get me there with him."

Houston: "They were the first ones who offered me a scholarship so they're really trying to get me there."

As of now there's no timetable on Samuel's decision.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1675626-pangos-three-prioritizing-2017-kevin-samuel
LawHall88
AG
2019 PF Charles Bassey:

quote:
Potential No. 1 prospect in the 2019 class Charles Bassey tells Andrew Slater of 247Sports that Kansas, Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Western Kentucky and Creighton have offered.

At 6-10, 220-pounds and out of San Antonio (Texas) St Anthony Catholic, Bassey has the complete package as a skilled power forward.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Kansas-Oklahoma-Tennessee-more-offer-elite-Charles-Bassey-45640210
LonghornsNo1
Another 2019 who picked up an offer this spring:

Some highlights

phorizt
quote:
2017 C Kevin Samuel:

quote:
The 6-foot-10, 220-pound 2017 center from Houston St. Thomas Episcopal was all over the place on defense, blocking shots and rebounding, while on offense he scored on the glass and made some impressive passes.

He's got a terrific frame with wide shoulders and long arms, plays very hard and has terrific instincts on defense.

"I'm a good shot blocker, I'm a good defender and I have good post moves," Samuel said. "I'm working on my dribbling skills and shooting so I can have an inside and out game."

Samuel listed three schools recruiting him the hardest.

"Boise State, Texas A&M and Houston," Samuel said, before breaking down what he likes about each of them.

Boise State: "Me and the assistant coach (Phil) Beckner are really cool; we talk a lot."

Texas A&M: "I haven't been out there yet but coach Ulric (Maligi) just went there and he's trying to get me there with him."

Houston: "They were the first ones who offered me a scholarship so they're really trying to get me there."

As of now there's no timetable on Samuel's decision.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1675626-pangos-three-prioritizing-2017-kevin-samuel
looks like Scout now has him ranked as a 4 star. The other services don't have him ranked yet but it appears he was very impressive at the Pangos camp so he should start getting a lot more attention.
mallen
AG
quote:
2019 PF Charles Bassey:

quote:
Potential No. 1 prospect in the 2019 class Charles Bassey tells Andrew Slater of 247Sports that Kansas, Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Western Kentucky and Creighton have offered.

At 6-10, 220-pounds and out of San Antonio (Texas) St Anthony Catholic, Bassey has the complete package as a skilled power forward.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Kansas-Oklahoma-Tennessee-more-offer-elite-Charles-Bassey-45640210

Bassey is a 5 star and likely #1 recruit in the nation in 2019. Still lots of time left in his recruitment but a couple of months ago he mentioned Texas A&M as his favorite college team to watch.
LawHall88
AG
2017 SG Jordan Goodwin and SF Savion Flagg:

quote:
As Srodulski said, the biggest targets for 2017 are four-star shooting guard Jordan Goodwin and small forward Savion Flagg. With the team certainly in need of backcourt skill and losing two wings, Goodwin and Flagg would fill those positional needs.

A bowling ball of a guard, Goodwin has shot up the rankings this spring, earning offers from Big Ten rivals Ohio State and Michigan State as well as Texas and Texas A&M. The Wildcats' biggest competition for the Belleville, Ill. (just east of Saint Louis) native, though, might be Illinois. All five of 247's predictions have him headed to Champaign.

quote:
Flagg seems to be the next-most-important prospect. A Texas native, he's picked up offers from Texas and Texas A&M and, like Goodwin, has impressed this spring. Collins will undoubtedly be looking for wing scoring in 2017, and Flagg could fit the bill.

http://www.insidenu.com/2016/6/7/11872670/northwestern-basketball-recruiting-2017-savion-flagg-jordan-goodwin

An update on Mitchell Robinson:

quote:
Mitchell Robinson, a one time pledge to Texas A&M back on Oct. 3, re-opened the process. Currently, North Carolina and LSU look to be the frontrunners for the mobile 7-footer. He has long arms, finishes around the basket, runs the floor well, contests every shot in his area, shows good instincts and has great upside.

Matched up against highly-regarded Wendell Carter in the Nike EYBL competition, Mitchell won the matchup.

LSU has intensified their efforts for Robinson but Texas A&M is not going away. Alabama has joined the fray led by head coach Avery Johnson.

http://sportsnola.com/lsu-tulane-hard-work-basketball-recruiting-trail/

From the same article:

quote:
Cedric Russell (6-2, 185) is another combo guard who does have an offer on the table from the Tigers. The Peabody Magnet star also has interest from Texas A&M, Vandy, Baylor, Oklahoma State watching his progress.
Method Man
Awesome.
Method Man
Method Man
RoseRichAg01
Thanks for the updates.
GE
AG
Coaching staff putting in work
ZooGuy
AG
Difference between football and basketball - Kennedy puts in work, and offers guys before they blow up. That is why we aren't late on them, and why our recruiting has improved.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.