***Recruiting Thread***

214,500 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by deh40
LPCAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any update on Antwann Jones and whether he'll sign?
phorizt
he's signing tomorrow
Hop
Staff
AG
LPCAg said:

Any update on Antwann Jones and whether he'll sign?

It appears he will sign tomorrow, and we believe it will be Texas A&M although nobody is willing to say "done deal" just yet.
MidTnAg
AG
Fingers crossed. We have to get Jones. 6'6 " shooting guard. Hopefully a lot like Gilder.
Serious Lee
thanks Hop
Aggies1322
AG
The only post he's liked on twitter in the last few days was an A&M edit someone made him..
Know Your Enemy
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/os-sp-hs-antwann-jones-texasam-1113-story,amp.html
Chuck Gay
AG
From the Orlando Sentinel article linked:

Quote:

Antwann Jones, a highly-touted 6-foot, 6-inch shooting guard for Orlando's Oak Ridge High School, told the Sentinel on Monday night that he will sign Tuesday morning to play college basketball for Texas A&M.
Jones took his first official visit to the Aggies' College Station campus on the weekend before last.

"I felt a lot of positive vibes when I was there," Jones said. "I really enjoyed myself out there. They had the family environment I want to be a part of. And I like the style coach (Bill) Kennedy plays."

Jones is rated as a four-star prospect by ESPN, 247Sports and Rivals. He is ranked No. 45 among seniors by ESPN.

Jones originally committed to Oklahoma State in September. He de-committed 11 days later when OSU was one of the universities implicated in an FBI probe into corruption by NCAA coaches. Cowboys associate head coach Lamont Evans was fired after he was named as one of four college assistant coaches facing charges.
turboboost
AG
OMG! This is really refreshing to see basketball become a powerhouse. Antwann J is a beast! Just to think what this team is going to be when he arrives is SCARY!
rlb28
AG
Again, I don't think he is on ags radar, but this kid is really good... Cy Falls Nigel Hawkins led the way with 24 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists over The Woodlands.

Fwiw... watched the top 8th grader last night. It's not even fun to watch. Bryce Griggs is 6'0 PG at Rodeo Palms JH (Manvel) He will play 16U in a couple months when AAU rolls around. Google him and remember he is 13.

Hop
Staff
AG
rlb28 said:

Again, I don't think he is on ags radar, but this kid is really good... Cy Falls Nigel Hawkins led the way with 24 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists over The Woodlands.

Fwiw... watched the top 8th grader last night. It's not even fun to watch. Bryce Griggs is 6'0 PG at Rodeo Palms JH (Manvel) He will play 16U in a couple months when AAU rolls around. Google him and remember he is 13.

A&M offered last year but it's no longer a committabke offer. I interviewed him last spring. At the time, his ballhandlihg was a bit suspect and inconsistent. Good athlete...
PatAg
AG
weird to be recruiting a kid that young, imo.
GE
AG
PatAg said:

weird to be recruiting a kid that young, imo.
Agreed. There shouiod be a minimum
Aggies1322
AG
I thought Hop was talking about Hawkins..
Hop
Staff
AG
Aggies1322 said:

I thought Hop was talking about Hawkins..
Yes, I was talking about Hawkins who played on Basketball University with Sahvir Wheeler and Quentin Grimes.
LawHall88
AG
Some non-news on E.J. Montgomery, who we could really use:

Quote:

Since then, Montgomery has been fielding phone calls from a wide range of schools. Montgomery's father, E.J. Montgomery Sr., told 247Sports that they've heard from Baylor, Clemson, Wake Forest, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Gonzaga, Tennessee, Arkansas, NC State, North Carolina, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, UConn, Georgia, Wichita State, Butler, Texas A&M and Memphis.
https://247sports.com/Article/Hoopsgiving-EJ-Montgomery-playing-his-best-ball-restarts-recruitment-111173075
LawHall88
AG
mallen
AG
LawHall88 said:

Some non-news on E.J. Montgomery, who we could really use:

Quote:

Since then, Montgomery has been fielding phone calls from a wide range of schools. Montgomery's father, E.J. Montgomery Sr., told 247Sports that they've heard from Baylor, Clemson, Wake Forest, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Gonzaga, Tennessee, Arkansas, NC State, North Carolina, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, UConn, Georgia, Wichita State, Butler, Texas A&M and Memphis.
https://247sports.com/Article/Hoopsgiving-EJ-Montgomery-playing-his-best-ball-restarts-recruitment-111173075
We need an EJ to go with our JJ, TJ, Jay Jay, and DJ.
deh40
AG
Who is Kennedy seeing tonight? Dave South said he was on a recruiting trip so was unable to do his radio show tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.