***Official 2021-2022 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread***

88,058 Views | 1335 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I miss Simplebay.
West Texan
AG

Clearly we're a garbage organization
West Texan
AG
Gameday! Always excited for the start of basketball. We'll suck, but hey I'm still pumped.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Orlando has a lot of players out tonight. And we don't have Luka to give up on fast breaks. Looking promising.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Orlando has a lot of players out tonight. And we don't have Luka to give up on fast breaks. Looking promising.

I was referring more to our overall outlook for the season, but yeah I feel pretty good about tonight's game
Sports-Ag
AG
Will be fun to watch the new group officially start. Not a bad time to open up against Orlando tonight.
Guitarsoup
AG
taylorswift13
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Will be fun to watch the new group officially start. Not a bad time to open up against Orlando tonight.
these young guys flying around is fun to watch! They have heart and hustle! A new brand of ball, but I can get with it! Also love to see Elliot and Land joking around and having fun as well!
Guitarsoup
AG
PLAY PRIMO 30 MPG YOU COWARDS
Guitarsoup
AG
Up by 14 despite only shooting 4-14 from three at the half.

Only 10 of 52 shots in the first half were 2 pointers outside the paint.

Keldon leads all scorers with 13, Jakob has 5 offensive rebounds and 4 assists.

McBuckets has 10 points on 5 FGA.
jteagle
AG
Vassell had a good 3rd qtr. Would be nice to see him have a breakout year.
Guitarsoup
AG
7 players in double digits.

Bring back the Beautiful Game
jteagle
AG
Primo gets his first 3!
Sports-Ag
AG
The young guys were moving fast and hustling which is nice to see. Looked like they had fun.

Next two games are a back to back. Friday at Denver then back home on Saturday vs Milwaukee.
West Texan
AG
That was a lot of fun! Primo drilling that 3 was pretty awesome there at the end. On pace for 82-0!

Some random thoughts after game 1:
-the energy these young guys play with is something else. Fighting for every rebound, flying around getting deflections, pushing the pace, I think this super young team will have an identity unlike some of our teams the last few years
-the half court offense still needs a lot of work and teams with a pulse won't let us live in transition like that
-the different presses and traps that we ran tonight was a fun wrinkle. Really takes advantage of the quickness of our guards

Go Spurs Go!
Guitarsoup
AG
I'm 100% more interested now that LMA and DD are gone.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I find it strange that Young is not getting any playing time. I really hope that this doesn't turn into a buyout. Would a team realistically trade a 1st/positive asset for him without seeing him play?
Enzo The Baker
AG
One thing I noticed is how much better the second unit moves the ball. It may be a product of going up against a team's second unit, but this always seems to be a theme on Spurs teams.

I think that Jock is going to push his way into the rotation at some point. That guy is such a good passer with a great feel for the game.

Edit: I was also pleased with Pop keeping a short leash on Bryn. I thought it was a forgone conclusion that he would play 20 mins a game. It appears Pop is going the 'You don't make shots, you don't play' route. Which is fantastic.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

One thing I noticed is how much better the second unit moves the ball. It may be a product of going up against a team's second unit, but this always seems to be a theme on Spurs teams.

I think that Jock is going to push his way into the rotation at some point. That guy is such a good passer with a great feel for the game.

Edit: I was also pleased with Pop keeping a short leash on Bryn. I thought it was a forgone conclusion that he would play 20 mins a game. It appears Pop is going the 'You don't make shots, you don't play' route. Which is fantastic.
It will be interesting to see what happens when we go against a team with a bigger lineup. I would think Young would get more time in that situation. We have a really small lineup overall which isn't going to hurt against teams like the Magic. I can see us getting outrebounded badly against a team like the Lakers.
Cappo
Enzo The Baker
AG
Not Spurs related but AD making top 75 team is outrageous. Also don't think Dame and Reggie should have made it.

I think TP would have made the list if it was top 85.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Yeesh Thad
Enzo The Baker
AG
Our big man defense has been terrible.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Spurs played tough. They were in it the entire game. That's all you can really ask for on the road against a playoff team. Lots of mistakes made by the young guys. It's going to be a season full of growing pains.

Bucks tomorrow. Yeesh.
jteagle
AG
Yeah it was a sloppy game by both teams but like you said, they hung in there and didn't quit. Threes weren't falling early.

In other news, the Lakers are already imploding. Losing to the Suns at home and AD and Dwight Howard get into a physical altercation on the bench. Nobody could have seen this coming!
MookieBlaylock
AG
Lakers have 5 cupcakes in a row
No shot at 0 and 82 sadly
Enzo The Baker
AG
You knew Jakob was going to get into foul trouble last night. I'm surprised he didn't foul out honestly. He was a lot more careful in the second half. Spurs made the decision the play Jokic straight up and Jokic made the shots. I would have loved to see how Jock would have faired.

Also that zone defense against the Nuggets second unit was very effective.
West Texan
AG
Between the Astros and the Ags, I didn't watch the last two games. We held our own against two of the best teams in the league, but man our outside shooting is still killing us. Back to back games where we shot 25% from 3.
LawHall88
AG
West Texan said:

Between the Astros and the Ags, I didn't watch the last two games. We held our own against two of the best teams in the league, but man our outside shooting is still killing us. Back to back games where we shot 25% from 3.
McDermott was 7-11 from 3. The rest of the team was 3-28.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
Spurs are bottom 5 in 3PA and 3P%. Not a great combination.

Currently #3 in assists and top 10 in fewest turnovers. That's good to see.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Right now Doug is the only guy defenses are heavily guarding at the three point line. Even though he was missing, I like that Derrick was starting to let them rip a little bit against the Bucks. He and Devin have the highest potential of turning into respected deep range guys of our core imo, Keldon still heavily looks to drive when he catches and DJ I think is clearly not going to be a guy who scares teams with his 3 ball.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea I'm a little disappointed with DJ's 3 point shooting. Seems like he's incredibly short on everything. His handle does seem tighter though. So that's good.
Sports-Ag
AG
No lebron tonight. Maybe spurs can get the win.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Westbrook is going to have a big night. He will look the most comfortable he has all season without Lebron.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.