***Official 2021-2022 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread***

88,065 Views | 1335 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wright the new Presti
Pendragon12
AG
Second round Presti
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
MookieBlaylock
AG
Max Deal for LWIV !!!!!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Lonnie gone.
Enzo The Baker
AG
AG
Not shocking. Pop has been incredibly reluctant to play him extended minutes . He's so damn streaky and really hasnt made a ton of improvement on the defensive side of the floor. If they are able to make a trade happen before the deadline, I'd be shocked if he wasn't included in some way
Enzo The Baker
AG
No surprise here, but Spurs have placed calls on Jalen Smith and Suns still have interest in Thad. Seems like a Thad for Smith + ? might be inevitable.
LawHall88
LawHall88
AG
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1491818635605721093?s=20&t=5iud5Lba5Lz2ZQCys76law

Well I can't post tweets anymore for some reason, so here is the text:
Quote:

[url=https://twitter.com/wojespn][/url]Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn
[url=https://twitter.com/wojespn][/url]

2m

ESPN Sources: The Spurs -- who are trading for Toronto's Goran Dragic -- are expected to negotiate a contract buyout with Dragic. Among the interested expected to be interested once he becomes a free agent: Dallas, Milwaukee, Chicago, Clippers.
Enzo The Baker
AG

If it's a straight up swap, this really makes no sense for us (assuming we don't flip Goran).
LawHall88
AG
More from Woj:
Quote:

The Raptors are trading Dragic and protected 2022 first-round picks to the Spurs for Thad Young, Drew Eubanks and a 2022 second-round pick via Pistons, sources tell ESPN. Pick is protected 1-14 in 2022; 1-13 in 2023 and would turn into two seconds beyond that.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1491820016165076997?s=20&t=5iud5Lba5Lz2ZQCys76law
Enzo The Baker
AG
Hell yea. Rooting for the Raptors to make the playoffs this year.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Woj is reporting we will work on a buy out with Goran. He was a short-lived Spurs for the team that drafted him.

I would think this is probably it for us. But 3 trades. Damn. Would not have expected that.
Enzo The Baker
AG
This doesn't do much for me.

Quote:

The Charlotte Hornets and San Antonio Spurs have discussed a possible trade of PJ Washington, Kai Jones, and the inclusion of a first-round draft pick for Jakob Poeltl, league sources told HoopsHype. Currently, both sides are haggling over the potential inclusion of a first-round pick in the trade.
Charlotte has been seeking an upgrade at center and pursued Myles Turner, among other centers on the market.

Washington is owed $5.8 million next season before becoming eligible for restricted free agency in the summer of 2023. Poeltl is owed $9.4 million next season before entering unrestricted free agency in the summer of 2023.

Poeltl has also drawn interest from the Raptors, who have flirted with the idea of moving a first-round pick to acquire him, as previously reported on HoopsHype. The Mavericks also expressed interest in trading for Poeltl, league sources say. Marc Stein also mentioned the Bulls as a team that has attempted to trade for Poeltl.

Before selecting Josh Primo 12th overall in the 2021 draft, the Spurs considered Jones at that selection as well, HoopsHype has learned.
West Texan
AG

Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

I beg your pardon?

This is disappointing. No interest in Richardson. That pick better be fully unprotected.

Spurs are really blowing this up. Poeltl deal more likely now im sure.
LawHall88
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

West Texan said:

I bet your pardon?

This is disappointing. No interest in Richardson. That pick better be fully unprotected.
Nobody trades unprotected picks anymore. I'm not all in on this one either.

More playing time for Primo, though, I suppose.
awrollins
Mavs fan here, Spurs creating cap while also adding two 1s. Great deadline for y'all so far.
Enzo The Baker
AG
This one hurts. I love Derrick. I understand we have seen his ceiling, and he's a bit older. But damn, I loved the way this guy played.
Ag Natural
AG
What year is that pick in?
Enzo The Baker
AG
2022 1-4 protected.
Ag Natural
AG
Dang. So we could end up with 3 1st round picks this year.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Ag Natural said:

Dang. So we could end up with 3 1st round picks this year.
Yep. We will have actually have assets to move up in the top 4 if we miss out.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Looks like we also get a 1st round pick swap with the Celtics in 2028. That's something.
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle
AG
Honestly, I like what they have done so far today. I hate to lose Derrick but at some point, they were going to have to give up somebody. I like the extra picks.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea. DJ's development really made DW more expendable. We will miss his defense for sure, but we need to get bigger. Let our younger guys develop more, tank a bit more and get a good draft pick.

I do think that we might as well move Poeltl now though. Even Dougie. Let's go full tilt.
superunknown
AG
Ime Udoka doing pop a solid and getting in Brad Stevens' ear.

Also thr Orlando Magic twitter account a few minutes ago..."Welcome to the O, Cash Considerations"
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Yea. DJ's development really made DW more expendable. We will miss his defense for sure, but we need to get bigger. Let our younger guys develop more, tank a bit more and get a good draft pick.

I do think that we might as well move Poeltl now though. Even Dougie. Let's go full tilt.
Trading Derrick also allows them to put Devin in the starting lineup. I think he has more upside and even though it is a different style, I think he is a better defender overall. Definitely more length.
jteagle
AG
Nets trade Harden for Simmons. Still a chance Westbrook gets traded.

I find it totally hilarious and satisfying that both the Nets and Lakers are dumpster fires right now. Talent aside, Harden and Westbrook are two of the most unlikeable(personal opinion) players in the league and Kyrie is just a clown.
Enzo The Baker
AG
10 mins left. Let's see what happens.
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

i missed the part where we got Langford as well. i really like that trade now. josh richardson is meh, but getting their first and langford too is solid work.
Guitarsoup
AG
Portzingas for Bertans
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Portzingas for Bertans
I laughed my ass off when I saw that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.