***Official 2021-2022 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread***

88,063 Views | 1335 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
jteagle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Natural
AG
So does Dragic get his jersey retired in San Antonio?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Spurs might have traded white for a mid-late 20s pick with the way Boston is playing. Damn. Toronto's pick also won't be a gimme.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Spurs might have traded white for a mid-late 20s pick with the way Boston is playing. Damn. Toronto's pick also won't be a gimme.
White was +41 against the Philly Embiids.
LawHall88
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

White was +41 against the Philly Embiids.
Looked like Smart got banged up pretty good so I'd expect White to get a lot of minutes.
Pendragon12
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

What do you think an injury prone 27 soon to be 28 year old combo guard is worth? White's skill has never truly been a question. His value to our team's timeline + his ability to stay on the court has been.
superunknown
AG
Ag Natural said:

So does Dragic get his jersey retired in San Antonio?

A jersey with no number hanging in the rafters, I'm here for it.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Oh I agree. Just would rather have a late teens pick. Also if Toronto misses the playoffs these next two years they will essentially win the Thad trade.
Pendragon12
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Oh I agree. Just would rather have a late teens pick. Also if Toronto misses the playoffs these next two years they will essentially win the Thad trade.

Risk worth taking unless there was another deal out there for Young with a first attached. Doesn't sound like that was the case. It was either that or buy him out.

Yeah I'd love a late teens pick. But there were other motivations for each of these trades and the upside of a FRP made it worth it for both.
Sports-Ag
AG
Spurs win tonight vs OKC heading to All-Star break. Next game is on 2/25 vs wizards.
jteagle
AG
Not much going on with the Spurs but this windmill dunk by Myles Garrett is impressive. Didn't officially count but everybody saw it!

jteagle
AG
This one is pretty cool!

Sports-Ag
AG
Spurs win. 157-153 over Wizards in 2OT. Let's see how they look tomorrow when they play Miami.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Most consistent Lonnie has been all season.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Most consistent Lonnie has been all season.
I think there is still hope. Maybe this home stretch of 22 games will be his time to grow up and be a consistent contributor. We know he has the tools, now he needs to get his mind right.
jteagle
AG
This is kinda funny!

Enzo The Baker
AG
Man that's hilarious. Showed out for them.
jteagle
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Spurs win. 157-153 over Wizards in 2OT. Let's see how they look tomorrow when they play Miami.
Double OT win on the road is a big deal no matter who it's against. They will definitely have a tough test against Miami in a back to back. All of the starters except Doug played big minutes. It would be nice if Primo could play tonight.
jteagle
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

17+ points in 4 straight games.
jteagle
AG
I guess he didn't catch the plane to Miami

Ag Natural
AG
Its hilarious that Washington would even want him.
Guitarsoup
AG
LawHall88
AG

jteagle
AG
That was crazy and Ja is incredible.
jteagle
AG
Thoughts on last night's game.

Of course the obvious is that this game was about Ja Morant and the fact that he is a legit MVP candidate. Without Ja, the Grizzlies would be back in the standings with the Spurs.

On the Spurs side, they were in it until the final few minutes. They had no answer for Ja.

Lonnie Walker- IN the last 6 games he has scored at least 17 points coming off the bench and has at least 20 in 4 of those games. Also, shooting at least 50% from the floor in all but one of those games.

However, aside from the Lonnie, the bench hasn't quite stepped up to where they need to after the Derrick trade. Zach is still trying to get back into a groove. Primo is just so young. Tre Jones has some great moments but just needs to be more consistent.

All in all 4-4 on the rodeo road trip isn't bad for this team. They're still growing and learning.
jteagle
AG
Poor Jakob is trending on Twitter after the dunk last night. I guess everybody knows who he is now!
West Texan
AG
Sports-Ag
AG
Spurs finally win a game and Pop is tied for most regular season wins.

West Texan
AG
How satisfying is it that Pop gets the win to tie him for most regular season wins against the lakers?
jteagle
AG
West Texan said:

How satisfying is it that Pop gets the win to tie him for most regular season wins against the lakers?
It was nice but it was a terrible game. Spurs didn't play very well but the Lakers were even worse. Richardson and Langford both got playing time and played pretty well.
Ag Natural
AG
Fun fact. The Grizzlies won 33 games the year they got the #2 pick to land Morant. They probably had a 2-3% chance of winning that pick. Spurs will probably end up with a 8-9% chance at getting a top 3 pick this year.
jteagle
AG
When he breaks the record I fully expect the Pop haters to come out of the woodwork but what he has done is incredible. I like the fact that he hasn't backed down or shied away from rebuilding like some coaches do.
Also, people are going to have to start acknowledging his coaching tree.
When you consider former players and assistants that have become successful head coaches, you've got a pretty long list.
Pendragon12
AG
jteagle said:

When he breaks the record I fully expect the Pop haters to come out of the woodwork but what he has done is incredible. I like the fact that he hasn't backed down or shied away from rebuilding like some coaches do.
Also, people are going to have to start acknowledging his coaching tree.
When you consider former players and assistants that have become successful head coaches, you've got a pretty long list.

Pop is the greatest basketball coach there ever was. Don't care if I'm a homer. Don't care if I'm biased. What the man has accomplished in the San Antonio market is nothing short of incredible.

Yes he had Tim. But many other great coaches had all time great players. Some I'd argue even greater than Timmy. Pop is the GOAT.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Did he break it?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.