***Official 2021-2022 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread***

88,057 Views | 1335 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Primoooooooooooo Time.
jteagle
AG
LawHall88 said:

Our turn on the Covid wheel.

I really hate to see Devin miss playing time. He has been doing really well lately. But it will be a good opportunity to get the young guys some good playing time against tough competition.
Ag Natural
AG
I think its obvious that everyone is going to get this at some point.
superunknown
AG
https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1478509972782825478?t=Ri9eumgGnnN4-cmXIFCDow&s=19

https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1478510812063059968?t=zToq4M2k7764FbMIwdmemw&s=19

Looks like it's Primo time to me, Pop is trying to bring him along slowly but now, why not?
StillNotAnAggie
https://twitter.com/calebturner23/status/1478942120702451712?t=BTEgtpHQCdXfE09dMR8QNg&s=19
Ag Natural
AG
Derozen is #1 in fan all star voting. Crazy town.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural said:

And most Free Agency recaps had him at the worst move.
jteagle
AG
Ag Natural said:

I always liked Demar. He could take over a game in the 4th quarter and he was clutch. The Spurs just didn't have the right supporting cast around him. His and LA's game were too much alike to complement each other. He and Zach Levine make a pretty good pair. Plus they have Caruso! The Bulls may be the team I root for in the playoffs.
Ag Natural
AG
He just got so much hate here. It turns out he learned a lot and is a really good player. I'll always root for Demare. I thought he was a great Spur.
Iowaggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

He just got so much hate here. It turns out he learned a lot and is a really good player. I'll always root for Demare. I thought he was a great Spur.

I also believe he grew as a player in his Spurs years.

I think a young Lavine and Demar would have not worked but they've matured. I also think it's a commentary on the Pelicans willingness to let Ball walk.

LawHall88
AG
Sports-Ag
AG
Spurs lost in OT vs Nets 121 -119.

Spurs had no business being in the game and coming back in the late third and again late fourth. I didn't realize 6 guys were out due to protocol. I knew of 4 but not 6!

There were some plays where you can tell they didn't know what to do being with line ups you never seen before but some plays where they executed.

In the end they just looked gassed and not playing with certain players hurt them but overall proud they fought. They play Knicks tomorrow.
jteagle
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Spurs lost in OT vs Nets 121 -119.

Spurs had no business being in the game and coming back in the late third and again late fourth. I didn't realize 6 guys were out due to protocol. I knew of 4 but not 6!

There were some plays where you can tell they didn't know what to do being with line ups you never seen before but some plays where they executed.

In the end they just looked gassed and not playing with certain players hurt them but overall proud they fought. They play Knicks tomorrow.
McDermott, Derrick, Keldon, Devin, Thad Young and Tre Jones are all out due to protocols.

Lonnie came up big and everybody seemed to play hard. Would have been nice to come away with a win but it was a good effort.
jteagle
AG
Guitarsoup
AG

Pendragon12
AG
Primo has shown flashes that he could be a top 3 guy on a team. No idea what the future holds for him, but I'm excited. Watching him getting so hyped after drawing a charge was awesome, and for him to hit the 3 that sent it to OT was such a great reward for smart defensive play. Honestly, if Jakob doesn't pick up a boneheaded offensive foul at the end of regulation, Spurs maybe walk away with a W.
LawHall88
AG
pkag02
AG
BTHOtheRockettes!
"Don't be ridick-orous."
Enzo The Baker
AG
COVID really threw off this team's rhythm…yet again. We are playing like absolute ass.
Enzo The Baker
AG
You know we are bad when we play with a lower IQ than this rockets team Eeesh.

At least we lead the league in moral victories.
jteagle
AG
Well, every loss keeps us in the hunt for a better draft pick.

On another note, the Lakers are in the 8th spot and only a half game ahead of 9th. Westbrook is playing like crap. There aren't many players that I actually dislike in the NBA but Westbrook is one of them. I would laugh out loud if they lost the play in tournament and didn't make the playoffs.
Enzo The Baker
AG
The 'competition' for the lottery is going to get more intense I think. Portland and LAC are likely headed to the lottery as well.

At this rate I want to keep losing. Let's play LW4 48 mins to get a good pick before we cut him loose next year. Get some use out of him.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Stein is reporting the Raptors are interested in Jakob. I think two firsts is a must. Similar to a RoCo deal. I'd say 2 firsts + Dragic would work. Ideally would want a project type player with a potential as well.

Jak is great but we will have to pay him a lot in two seasons.
superunknown
AG
Getting 2 1sts for Jak is a pretty good rental/elongated return for the nephew trade.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Exactly. So that would essentially be 4 firsts for Kawhi. 5 if we get lucky with a Thad trade.
Ag Natural
AG
I'd love to figure out the Spurs record when they have White, Murray and Poeltl in the lineup. The record without any of those three is terrible.
Sports-Ag
AG
Spurs win! 101-94. They really needed this win. Down by 5 with 7 minutes left and they picked it up on both sides.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Ag Natural said:

I'd love to figure out the Spurs record when they have White, Murray and Poeltl in the lineup. The record without any of those three is terrible.

So essentially a play-in team when all three are together.
Sports-Ag
AG
Pop needs to win 7 games to be second in all time wins by a head coach in the regular season.

And then needs to win 10 games to be first all time.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Ag Natural said:

24-18 would put them just ahead of the Mavericks in 5th place so actually slightly better than a play-in team.
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Ag Natural said:

24-18 would put them just ahead of the Mavericks in 5th place so actually slightly better than a play-in team.

Yea but that's a little misleading. Mavericks have dealt with a lot of injuries this year and are finally starting to get going. Nuggets are also starting to get a groove without their #2 and #3 guys (Murray likely returning this year too). Realistically, I don't think a fully healthy Spurs team could finish 1-6. We don't have that consistency from nigh to night to sustain that record for the rest of the season, especially with one of the harder remaining schedules in the league.
LawHall88
AG
Zach Collins sighting...
Guitarsoup
AG
LawHall88 said:

Zach Collins sighting...

Huge. He almost had a double double that one time before missing 3 years for broken feet.
Ulrich
Guitarsoup said:

LawHall88 said:

Zach Collins sighting...

Huge. He almost had a double double that one time before missing 3 years for broken feet.

You know what they say. Foot problems for big men are nothing to worry about.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ulrich said:

Guitarsoup said:

LawHall88 said:

Zach Collins sighting...

You know what they say. Foot problems for big men are nothing to worry about.
Especially Portland TrailBlazers big men.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.