***Official 2021-2022 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread***

88,068 Views | 1335 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If we could use those two picks to get into the mid teens I think that's best case scenario. I'm high on sochan and do not want to take a big.

If you watch the Keegan Murray video with Mike Schmidt it will make you want to trade up for him. Dude is a Spurs player through and through. High IQ and good work ethic.
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle
AG
I really think this could be the most unpredictable draft in a while. Most know the who top 3 picks will be but nobody can agree on the order. Ivey used to be thought to be a lock for #4 but I have seen Keegan Murray projected there more recently and some have Sharpe going at 4. After four, it's a free for all. I have seen some mocks that have Murray falling to the Spurs at 9. I have seen Mathurin, Davis, Duren, Sochan, Griffin, Daniels, Eason, Sharpe all predicted to the Spurs at 9. Nobody knows.

I'm not even sure I know who I want them to take. I guess at this point I am just going to wait and see and evaluate after.
Enzo The Baker
AG
We continue to be linked to trading up for Murray. I would think it would take a hell of a lot for Sacramento and Detroit to consider trading, including multiple picks from this year and one of our young guys who can be a key contributor.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Jeremi Grant traded to Portland. I would have liked to use a later pick to pick him up.

Detroit got a 2025 first, move up 10 spots in the second this year, and a future second round pick swap.

Detroit has 43mm in cap space for free agency now.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Some of these are laughable.

https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-trade-rumors-2022-nba-draft/
Guitarsoup
AG
Hawks want to trade John Collins before the draft.

Dougie + JRich + 25 for Collins.

If they don't want Dougie's deal, they could do Collins for JRich+ZCollins+Romeo and the first.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Hawks want to trade John Collins before the draft.

Dougie + JRich + 25 for Collins.

If they don't want Dougie's deal, they could do Collins for JRich+ZCollins+Romeo and the first.

I would do this.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Read this a little bit earlier. I have no clue how plugged in LJ Ellis is, but it's at least entertaining rumors.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Almost spit up my water laughing.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Almost spit up my water laughing.

I believe that the Spurs would be willing to listen to offers for DJ, but it's gonna take a freakin haul for them to move him. And John Collins sure as hell doesn't move that needle.
Enzo The Baker
AG
There would have to be a lot more to it than a one for one. First rounders at least.

It makes no sense to trade an all star point guard to deplete your backcourt for a non all star power forward. Unless they are loading up a package for Sacramento's #4.
Enzo The Baker
AG
From an Atlanta beat writer from the athletic. A little bit more credit to a BR report.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

There would have to be a lot more to it than a one for one. First rounders at least.

It makes no sense to trade an all star point guard to deplete your backcourt for a non all star power forward. Unless they are loading up a package for Sacramento's #4.

I'm aware that it wouldn't be anywhere close to a 1 for 1, I'm saying I don't think Collins is any kind of prize in a trade involving Dejounte. Even throwing in all of the first round picks for the next several years aren't that valuable because they'll most likely be mid 20s picks.
West Texan
AG
I'll say this, it's at least exciting to be involved in all these wild ass rumors.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Hawks Reddit is talking about JC, Okangwu and a 1st. Pretty underwhelming imo unless it's part of a grander plan.
Enzo The Baker
AG
This is not the close to the vest Spurs I know.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Hawks Reddit is talking about JC, Okangwu and a 1st. Pretty underwhelming imo unless it's part of a grander plan.

In an age where big men have never been less valuable, they're gonna send us two bigs?!? Not to mention that we'd then have to make another move to get rid of Poeltl.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea on the surface it doesn't make sense. It has to be the first of multiple moves.
Pendragon12
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Yea on the surface it doesn't make sense. It has to be the first of multiple moves.

Or it's just atlanta trying to move Collins, and they want Murray, but there's not really much of a conversation.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

His Big Board is pretty interesting,
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Quote:

4) One source told me that the Oklahoma City Thunder gauged San Antonio's interest on a deal that consisted of Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassell, the ninth pick and a future unprotected first rounder from the Spurs for the second overall pick. That call, he says, was short-lived.
If i was Brian Wright, it wouldnt have been a short call....I would have put Sam on speaker phone and just laughed hysterically for at least 20 minutes..
Pendragon12
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Quote:

4) One source told me that the Oklahoma City Thunder gauged San Antonio's interest on a deal that consisted of Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassell, the ninth pick and a future unprotected first rounder from the Spurs for the second overall pick. That call, he says, was short-lived.
If i was Brian Wright, it wouldnt have been a short call....I would have put Sam on speaker phone and just laughed hysterically for at least 20 minutes..

It's funny because you have folks on Reddit saying that's fair value for the second pick. And, I think last year? It would have been, maybe through in something else as well. But Devin and Keldon have really started to develop and sure, they may not be stars, but including both of them, the 9th, and a future unprotected first to move up in this draft is an overpay. Gutting our young wing depth is not the move, imo.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I'm really not sold on the top 3. I'd pick Paolo because he's the most nba ready but like you said not worth gutting our roster.
jteagle
AG
Totally agree! This year, it seems as likely to get a superstar at 9 as it is with the Top 3 or 4. Nobody stands out which is one reason nobody really knows who is going #1 overall because they all have question marks. I would rather stand pat at 9 than give up too much to move up.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Thank god.
Pendragon12
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Thank god.

As it should be. No value to JC without Murray
superunknown
AG
Agree but I think if they'd pursued the rumored "Jrue Holiday" package and it wound up being JC + 3 rawdog firsts and 2 pick swaps....that's hard to pass up. Plus you'd have to have a backup plan (Collin Sexton?) at point if you move DJ. I don't think Atlanta would do the full Jrue though.
Pendragon12
AG
superunknown said:

Agree but I think if they'd pursued the rumored "Jrue Holiday" package and it wound up being JC + 3 rawdog firsts and 2 pick swaps....that's hard to pass up. Plus you'd have to have a backup plan (Collin Sexton?) at point if you move DJ. I don't think Atlanta would do the full Jrue though.

Everyone is available for the right price, sure. But even unprotected firsts…Young and Murray are both young. Those unprotected firsts are likely mid teens to late in the first round for the foreseeable future.

I'd want JC, maybe a wing piece of ATL's, and yeah, some solid draft capital. But JC alone as the center piece isn't worth it. Even if you feel good about signing Sexton.
Enzo The Baker
AG
As some thought, the Collins trade would have been a 3-4 team trade. The Spurs would not have gotten Collins but draft capital. Looks like a deal was close but Spurs wanted less pick protections.

https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-murray-trade-rumor-atlanta-hawks/
jteagle
AG
I don't know a whole lot about the draft but I do know that there is a whole of stupid on Twitter right now.
taylorswift13
AG
LETS GET IT SPURS NATION
taylorswift13
AG
TODAY IS THE DAY WHERE THE TIDE HAS TURNED AND LOS SPURS ARE BACK TO DOMINANCE

or another day we question what happened to Pop and RC and their draft powers
jteagle
AG
I kinda hoped Mathurin would fall to us. Oh well!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.