Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Allen on dysfunction

39,295 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by DayAg!
OrygunAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
See that the Sumlin pumpers are still chugging down the koolaid by the tanker truck load - Hope you're getting a good volume discount on it.

A wise man once said the truth shall set you free - He didn't say it would make you happy.

The fact that the program is a dumpster fire has nothing to do with a bunch of disgruntled/spoiled 19 year olds. It has to everything do with a HC who has basically checked out and no longer steps up to the plate - There is literally no one at the wheel. The fact that a toxic locker atmosphere has been allowed to build up and fester unchecked over the past two years tells you everything you need to know. Or the fact that Sumlin had to be forced to fire Spavital when it was obvious to everyone else that the kid was in over his head halfway through his first season. These are not hallmarks of someone who is in control. Kids will be kids, but it takes an adult to step up, grab them by the shorthairs and show them who is in charge. That's not happening here. And it's not going to happen here with the current regime. Ever.

But go ahead and keep spinning your elaborate little fantasies about an 11 win season next year, and all the SEC conference titles and NC's in the years to follow if it makes you feel better. Just don't say we didn't tell you so when the clown car show finally pulls up to the front of your house and reality comes knocking on the door.

pasquale
AG
Wish Aggie Football had a PR department. Now would be a time to put some positive news in the media
jim 78
AG
Thumbs down on Kyle Allen
Memphis 7
Congrats Kyle, you've moved ahead of Kyler at whining.
aeon-ag
quote:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25478429/kyle-allen-texas-am-dysfunction-stems-from-manziel-led-culture

quote:
"I think the culture was a big part of it, and I think that stems from Johnny's era there -- the way that they let Johnny and [others] act there," said Allen, the No. 1-rated pro-style quarterback in the 247Sports Composite for 2014. "They [could] do that and still win games because they had Johnny and five offensive linemen playing in the NFL right now."

Allen added: "A lot of people were riding off that, 'I can do whatever the hell I want and win on Saturday.'"

quote:
"When you don't have players like Johnny and [others] there anymore, you have to really come together as a team and scrap for wins," Allen said.

"We had a lot of people who were talking about the same goal but weren't all committed and on the same page to get to that goal," Allen said.

quote:
"Everyone wasn't in a straight line. Everyone was going this way, this way, this way. We had a ton of talent there. I think that, once you get all the right coaches there and get the vision right, you can do a lot of things."

So I'll show some leadership and quit. Glad your gone sonny!
aeon-ag
quote:
he sure does like to talk about A&M.... what's he got to say about UH? oh yeah, no one cares.
I wonder what sonny boy will have to say about not being on national tv every game? Maybe not even televised every game. He made his bed now he has to lay in it.
1876er
AG
You people are amazing. A guy that was actually in the locker room says our program is dysfunctional, and y'all blame him and not the "CEO" at the top.
Bottlehead90
AG
And 1881er is a sip troll

BMX Bandit
quote:
You people are amazing. A guy that was actually in the locker room says our program is dysfunctional, and y'all blame him and not the "CEO" at the top.

I blame him for opening his mouth. Shows a huge lack of maturity on his part and he comes across as a Poon.
gopitt
A guy on the inside tells it like it is and gets criticized by the same people who tell it like it is from the outside. Lot of posters on here are frauds. They have been saying the same things Allen said for years but when you hear it from someone who actually EXPERIENCED it you get bent out of shape.
Wish the classy young man the best. Much too classy for the dysfunctional BS in Aggieland with the football program.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
he sure does like to talk about A&M.... what's he got to say about UH? oh yeah, no one cares.
Does he interview himself? How long has he been at Houston?
Wildcat
AG
quote:
A guy on the inside tells it like it is and gets criticized by the same people who tell it like it is from the outside. Lot of posters on here are frauds. They have been saying the same things Allen said for years but when you hear it from someone who actually EXPERIENCED it you get bent out of shape.
Wish the classy young man the best. Much too classy for the dysfunctional BS in Aggieland with the football program.
I see you haven't grown out of your self-loathing shtick.

Disgruntled former employees often paint a negative picture of their former place of employment as a coping and rationalizing mechanism. I don't know if that is happening here or what is happening in the locker room in Aggieland, but your comments are naive and silly. KA's comments must be taken with a grain of salt.
1876er
AG
quote:
quote:
I see you haven't grown out of your self-loathing shtick.

Disgruntled former employees often paint a negative picture of their former place of employment as a coping and rationalizing mechanism. I don't know if that is happening here or what is happening in the locker room in Aggieland, but your comments are naive and silly. KA's comments must be taken with a grain of salt.
What about a company that has very high turnover? That usually indicates a problem with the company, and not the individual.
Clown Question
Well Sean Porter is calling out Allen for his woman scorned comments.

https://twitter.com/onlyoneSP

quote:
I blame him for opening his mouth. Shows a huge lack of maturity on his part and he comes across as a Poon.
This. kyler is a brat but allen has shown **** decision making skills. First going to uh sight unseen for a coach who will not be there much longer and then repeatedly talking about his old school to reporters in a manner that makes him look more like a bitter ex than a college football player. The guy has NFL talent but seems to lack the necessary sense at this point to make it that far.
BMX Bandit
How many players have transferred from Alabama? High turnover indicative of a problem?

I don't disagree with a lot of what Allen said. Many here don't. It's his whiney "tell all" that has burned the bridges. Bad form.
1876er
AG
quote:
How many players have transferred from Alabama? High turnover indicative of a problem?

I don't disagree with a lot of what Allen said. Many here don't. It's his whiney "tell all" that has burned the bridges. Bad form.
There's a difference between transferring because you are third string on a national championship caliber team and there is a guy younger than you above you on the depth chart and a starter transferring because the team is dysfunctional.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
quote:

Not an act of a leader. Kind of like sitting on the bench and stewing rather then getting head in the game and rally the troops. Hey, did you see that trainer??

Quitter and spoiled child
gopitt
If it was only Allen bailing it would be one thing. Murray and others were fed up and Murray was handed the starting QB job with Allen leaving and still decided that he had enough. What does that tell you about the state of the program?
There are problem children on this team like Noil who should be gone. Instead they are wrist slapped and gain followers in the program. Get rid of the negative dudes.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
quote:
If it was only Allen bailing it would be one thing. Murray and others were fed up and Murray was handed the starting QB job with Allen leaving and still decided that he had enough. What does that tell you about the state of the program?
There are problem children on this team like Noil who should be gone. Instead they are wrist slapped and gain followers in the program. Get rid of the negative dudes.

Program haters. Keep throwing those bombs
njohn87
AG
With the amount of criticism Allen has taken for leaving, I think he's owed a chance to tell his side of the story. He kept things general, it's not like he's airing dirty laundry here.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
quote:
With the amount of criticism Allen has taken for leaving, I think he's owed a chance to tell his side of the story. He kept things general, it's not like he's airing dirty laundry here.

You quit on your boss right before big project coming due?

He QUIT on his team, teammates, supporters, coach. Deserving of criticism
Clown Question
murray was a problem child and so was allen in some ways. The team as a whole or even a majority did not by into either. Not that there are other problems but these guys had their entitlement issues. allen wanted to transfer as a true freshman and well we know how murray is.
gopitt
Program hater? No. Program supporter who is not in denial like many here. Just like the Johnny groupies who support his dysfunctional, out of control behavior. If someone acted that stupid and went anywhere but A&M y'all would be all over him.
I'll take Von Miller any day as an outstanding rep for this university despite his mis step a couple of years ago. That is who you want as the face of the program, not some drunken bum.
brotheraggie
Kyle Allen needs to refund the money for his scholarship that A&M had provided when he was in school.

Kyle Allen is a spoiled D-Bag.
gopitt
brotheraggie just described Manziel.
Allen is a class act, Manziel is a drunk yet adoring Ags see no wrong in Manziel's continued off the rails behavior. Sad.
aggiedent
AG
1876er, if you had it your way you would have fired all the coaches EVERY SINGLE YEAR you have been posting on Texags.

You have never posted anything positive ever. You are constantly a voice of negativity and doom. If you're not a sip who happens to have a graduate degree from A&M (so you can get your Ag Tag) and just like to push our buttons, then you are an amazingly depressing person. Perhaps the most negative person I've ever interacted with.
Memphis 7
quote:

And who quit during season...
ClassOf17
quote:
We had 5 qb leave in 3 years their has to be a problem with Sumlim

Only two fit your agenda.

Research some and fix your grammar
Jack Leatherman
There may be an issue but not sure why I would take advice or care what a 20 year old says, that got his feelings hurt that we recruited another 5 star QB in class behind him.
1876er
AG
quote:
1876er, if you had it your way you would have fired all the coaches EVERY SINGLE YEAR you have been posting on Texags.

You have never posted anything positive ever. You are constantly a voice of negativity and doom. If you're not a sip who happens to have a graduate degree from A&M (so you can get your Ag Tag) and just like to push our buttons, then you are an amazingly depressing person. Perhaps the most negative person I've ever interacted with.
I'm sorry I was ahead of everybody on Fran. It was just obvious to me he was not working out, and was never going to work out. Until December I said many times I like Sumlin, I just thought he was not a top 5 coach like we were paying him. Now it is obvious he is in way over his head. He cannot recover from the last 12 months of damage.

Texags always uses the players as scapegoats and never wants to admit there are problems at the top. As long as y'all have a new bogeyman every year, there is always hope for next year.
Shake and Bake
Opportunity lost for KA. As others have said u have to be part of the solution. Some people are natural leaders, most are not. It doesn't impress nfl teams that a kid couldn't compete in the sec, throws team and former teammates under the bus, and runs from leadership opportunities. Interesting dichotomy when u look at the super bowl mvp, and the guidance he had from his father, etc. When the going gets tough, the tough get going = classic Ag spirit, which Allen and Murray do not have.
aggiedent
AG
1876er, forget the coaches for one minute. Lets turn to our players for a minute. On one of those threads that welcomes a young man who has committed to us, have you ever done so? No. When we have discussed how good some of our players are, have you made a positive contribution? No. When we have a great season like JFF's first year, did you say anything good about the team? No. When we had some great wins like against Alabama, OU in the Cotton Bowl, Auburn 2 years ago, or the comeback bowl win against Duke, where were you? I'll tell you, quiet as a church mouse.

If something good happens you never post. Why? Does it pain you to say something nice? Is that the kind of person you are, that you can only say negative things about other people? Nice character.

Well, your act is wearing thin. You have zero credibility on this forum and most people just laugh at your posts. Personally, I'm starting to actually feel sorry for you. Must be miserable to live like that.
vander54
S
quote:
1876er, forget the coaches for one minute. Lets turn to our players for a minute. On one of those threads that welcomes a young man who has committed to us, have you ever done so? No. When we have discussed how good some of our players are, have you made a positive contribution? No. When we have a great season like JFF's first year, did you say anything good about the team? No. When we had some great wins like against Alabama, OU in the Cotton Bowl, Auburn 2 years ago, or the comeback bowl win against Duke, where were you? I'll tell you, quiet as a church mouse.

If something good happens you never post. Why? Does it pain you to say something nice? Is that the kind of person you are, that you can only say negative things about other people? Nice character.

Well, your act is wearing thin. You have zero credibility on this forum and most people just laugh at your posts. Personally, I'm starting to actually feel sorry for you. Must be miserable to live like that.

Unless it's his goal to be negative because he's a sip troll.
chase128
AG
http://www.agtimes.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=85995
These Dallas BMAs need to **** off
BMX Bandit
Aggiedent just kicked that poor guys teeth in. Ouch!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.