Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Allen on dysfunction

39,282 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by DayAg!
mgmgrand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kyle Allen's "mature" routine has most of you dudes more fooled than your daughters do on a Friday night
The Collective
AG
quote:
What is the "culture?" Get anywhere near the practice field and tell me what you hear. That tells me that a higher value needs to be placed on higher values. It is a symptom. Tell me that the players like it and recruits love it, and I'll tell you that some don't.

Rap music bringing us down, y'all.
Ribbed Paultz
I don't feel like reading the whole thread to see if this was addressed....

Has anyone pointed out that Kyle Allen was never here when Johnny was here? How could he know what the culture was like when Johnny was here?
Bottlehead90
AG
So a player who quit on his team and chose not to be a leader is a credible source ?
aggiedent
AG
quote:
that's a long winded way of saying wait till next year

I think it was a a very fair assessment of the program with a view toward how I would move forward based on a risk reward approach. It was geared toward looking at the long term, not just next year. Same approach I use with my own business.

My guess is next year probably won't be very good because of a lack of production in the QB position. However, if Mazzone some how produces a minor miracle, we all may be surprised how good a season we have.

But I also realize we live in a "today" culture. We want immediate results right now. Sadly, replacing a coach rarely produces immediate results so we see the cycle repeat over and over.
Aggie GIGolo
AG
All you had to do is watch The Pulse and see his phony "leadership" anytime the camera was rolling. So forced. However on the sidelines different story.

Another tumor gone, team getting stronger.

blumpkin
AG
quote:
So a player who quit on his team and chose not to be a leader is a credible source ?
I dont need to ask your thoughts on Johnny's ex do I?
Ag CPA
AG
Love the JFF apologists on this board, there has been some absolute gold the past week.
turfman80
AG
quote:
I don't care what he has to say he lost all credibility in my mind when he quit to go to coog high. A true leader would have worked to change the culture if that was the problem. He is just as big a primadonna as KM and his actions prove that. I look at action over words after fact. Have fun at coog high.
Yeah, a scholarship athlete can change the culture produced by a coaching staff paid millions of dollars who have all the ultimate authority. Give me a ****ing break.Pull your head out of your ass, Dorothy.
abat51
AG
He should fit right in with the cougar high culture...
Gig'em... abat51...
Scrap Iron Ag
AG
quote:
"I think that stems from Johnny's era there -- the way that they let Johnny and [others] act there," said Allen, the No. 1-rated pro-style quarterback in the 247Sports

Kyle Allen was not at A&M while Johnny was there. This is speculation. Why commit if aware of this culture that was already there?
PharmD4
AG
quote:
He could have gone scorched earth, but he didn't. He could have had his thoughts out there before signing day, but he didn't.

Word is...he DID put his thoughts out there before signing day, but lucky for us, his message was intercepted.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
"I think that stems from Johnny's era there -- the way that they let Johnny and [others] act there," said Allen, the No. 1-rated pro-style quarterback in the 247Sports

Kyle Allen was not at A&M while Johnny was there. This is speculation. Why commit if aware of this culture that was already there?

Because I'm just a boy and there was SWAG. /foot in mouth diseased millenial
agz win
AG
The quitter has as much credibility now as fraud Fran was in defending his option plays to the short side of the field. He should be hissed by our student body.

Enjoy Cougar High from the bench and Bye, Kylecia!
turfman80
AG
I was skeptical of global warming, but with all the sunshine pumpers here I may have to reconsider.
Goose83
AG
See that the Sumlin pumpers are still chugging down the koolaid by the tanker truck load - Hope you're getting a good volume discount on it.

A wise man once said the truth shall set you free - He didn't say it would make you happy.

The fact that the program is a dumpster fire has nothing to do with a bunch of disgruntled/spoiled 19 year olds. It has to everything do with a HC who has basically checked out and no longer steps up to the plate - There is literally no one at the wheel. The fact that a toxic locker atmosphere has been allowed to build up and fester unchecked over the past two years tells you everything you need to know. Or the fact that Sumlin had to be forced to fire Spavital when it was obvious to everyone else that the kid was in over his head halfway through his first season. These are not hallmarks of someone who is in control. Kids will be kids, but it takes an adult to step up, grab them by the shorthairs and show them who is in charge. That's not happening here. And it's not going to happen here with the current regime. Ever.

But go ahead and keep spinning your elaborate little fantasies about an 11 win season next year, and all the SEC conference titles and NC's in the years to follow if it makes you feel better. Just don't say we didn't tell you so when the clown car show finally pulls up to the front of your house and reality comes knocking on the door.
BowhunterAg83
AG
quote:
None of us know what has (and is) happening in the locker room. But it appears that Kyle is spot on in his asssessments.

Unfortunetly, I am afraid recruits sense this same atmosphere in Aggieland and are tending to look elsewhere.
I do. And he is accurate. Entitlement still exists with some key players. We have lost several big recruits that did not like the " environment, culture". But this is common at many schools.

The leadership should come form your sr's and a few jr's. All the coaches and players are not headed in the same direction. Their are some sr's that recognize this and want to change the culture. But enforcement must come from the top. Hopefully that is why Sumlin is reloading the coaching staff.

Honesty, integrity, coach good football, play good football. Should be simple.

Their are quiet a few people spot on in this thread.

The Chicken Ranch
AG
I don't doubt that this article is spot on. And Sumlin should have been held accountable for it.
Bellard
AG
quote:
I don't doubt that this article is spot on. And Sumlin should have been held accountable for it.

Even better we are paying $35m for Summy
fireinthehole
He's entitled and sucked when it mattered most. Good riddance. I would have said F him, but I'm being respectful. Criticizing old flames is self indictment.
jayb06
AG
This
jayb06
AG
quote:
The only thing I can say about this article is he is guilty of what he is saying as well. He did not appear to be a leader his actions on the sideline showed me he wasn't in it for the team. Maybe it was because he was tired of it all or maybe he was part of the problem. I don't know and I'm not going to speculate.

This
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:
He's entitled and sucked when it mattered most. Good riddance. I would have said F him, but I'm being respectful. Criticizing old flames is self indictment.
I'll say it for you, **** him.
grl38
AG
Kyle is sort of Mule Lipped and I really cannot blame him much. Falling from grace is hard on a young 5 star High School QB! Rule One...... never burn your Bridges! Kyle was best to say it was a family decision and he appreciated his time at College Station. His actual statement was aimed at hurting TAMU and Sumlin! Maturity cannot be one of Kyle's assets!
DecadePlan
AG
A guy quits on his team, then criticizes the selfish culture of the program.

Makes sense.
Trident 88
AG
The departure of Allen and Kyler (or maybe the recruitment of these two turds. Take your pick) is on Sumlin. However, if you don't think this is Allen trying to write his own version of history and make himself NOT look like a beeitch - with an assist from a reporter dying to get a Manziel reference - you are a f'ing idiot.
Workinman99
it must make everyone feel better to ***** about Kyle, but that is not changing the facts.

Maybe turn the thread in to something positive. What can you do to make things for the team?

What suggestions would you give to Sumlin or Ad?

If you can't be a bagman, consider passing on positive information.

marble rye
AG
It's times like these I really wish we could get player reactions.

Kyle has a lot to say...after he's out of College Station. Brave.
Workinman99
quote:

He was in town with players for the Super Bowl. Facts don't bother the players I know.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

He was in town with players for the Super Bowl. Facts don't bother the players I know.

So...before this article came out?
headshrinker
AG
It's amazing that about 90% of the replies on this post are defending the culture that Sumlin has created, which is why things will be about the same or worse next year. Sumlin is a great ambassador for appealing to the materialistic swag culture, but without the discipline to balance it, we will continue to decline. What we need is a hard a$$ assistant head coach like what Pete Carroll had at USC to be the bad cop (Ed Ogeron) and keep these young egos in line. I don't see any of the new coaches filling that void.
permabull
AG
agnaylor
AG
AGinHI
AG
quote:
See that the Sumlin pumpers are still chugging down the koolaid by the tanker truck load - Hope you're getting a good volume discount on it.

A wise man once said the truth shall set you free - He didn't say it would make you happy.

The fact that the program is a dumpster fire has nothing to do with a bunch of disgruntled/spoiled 19 year olds. It has to everything do with a HC who has basically checked out and no longer steps up to the plate - There is literally no one at the wheel. The fact that a toxic locker atmosphere has been allowed to build up and fester unchecked over the past two years tells you everything you need to know. Or the fact that Sumlin had to be forced to fire Spavital when it was obvious to everyone else that the kid was in over his head halfway through his first season. These are not hallmarks of someone who is in control. Kids will be kids, but it takes an adult to step up, grab them by the shorthairs and show them who is in charge. That's not happening here. And it's not going to happen here with the current regime. Ever.

But go ahead and keep spinning your elaborate little fantasies about an 11 win season next year, and all the SEC conference titles and NC's in the years to follow if it makes you feel better. Just don't say we didn't tell you so when the clown car show finally pulls up to the front of your house and reality comes knocking on the door.

#killjoy
Expert Analysis
AG
Sean Porter is not a fan of Allen's comments

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.