Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Allen on dysfunction

39,263 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by DayAg!
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
quote:
* He did not appear to be a leader
* his actions on the sideline showed me he wasn't in it for the team
* Maybe it was because he was tired of it all
* maybe he was part of the problem

* I'm not going to speculate.

I knew this was coming. I made an observation that his attitude on the sideline did no show that he was in it for the team and I gave two examples of something it could be. I also could be wrong and he was 100% about the team, but I don't see that being the case. If he was a team player he would have finished the year and then transfered to UH.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I know everyone wants to pile on Sumlin, but who goes to the media repeatedly to talk about how bad they had it at their past school?

He had the chance to play with all this "talent" and be their "leader" in a bowl game, could have waited a month for those impending and guaranteed coaching changes....and decided to jump ship instead.

I know everyone wants to fawn over anyone who says anything bad about our football team right now, but what do you think the actual "talent" that decided to stay and play football for A&M thinks about Allen's victim act media tour where he puts down his former teammates to anyone who will listen? You'd think we'd be on their side, seeing as they decided to stay on campus and play for our school.
Baker Mayfield and his Dad say, "Hello!"
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
he sure does like to talk about A&M
Maybe because he really wanted to be here, but the situation was not good?
angus55
I don't care what he has to say he lost all credibility in my mind when he quit to go to coog high. A true leader would have worked to change the culture if that was the problem. He is just as big a primadonna as KM and his actions prove that. I look at action over words after fact. Have fun at coog high.
JPK89
AG
quote:
Nobody cares, Kyle. Go on to Cougar high and their beautiful campus. You'll probably throw for 3,500 yards against that competition and nobody will take notice.
Actually, you do. You took the time to post about it.

Perhaps I've missed it but I haven't heard Kyle publicly trashing us since he left. He was asked questions in an interview and answered them in a mature, thought out manner. Seems like most here are pissed that he's taking shots at us.

These are shots at Sumlin and like it or not, they're spot on.

vander54
S
quote:
I don't care what he has to say he lost all credibility in my mind when he quit to go to coog high. A true leader would have worked to change the culture if that was the problem. He is just as big a primadonna as KM and his actions prove that. I look at action over words after fact. Have fun at coog high.

I agree with you except on the fact he went to UH. My issue is how he left not where he went.
Ag4coal
quote:
I know everyone wants to pile on Sumlin, but who goes to the media repeatedly to talk about how bad they had it at their past school?

He had the chance to play with all this "talent" and be their "leader" in a bowl game, could have waited a month for those impending and guaranteed coaching changes....and decided to jump ship instead.

I know everyone wants to fawn over anyone who says anything bad about our football team right now, but what do you think the actual "talent" that decided to stay and play football for A&M thinks about Allen's victim act media tour where he puts down his former teammates to anyone who will listen? You'd think we'd be on their side, seeing as they decided to stay on campus and play for our school.

I don't think it's his place to say this stuff, but I'm glad he did. Our coaching staff displays 0 leadership. We will see yet another example of that this season. as long as sumlin is here, we will not have the discipline to win
txagssweetie2014
JFF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ka

ka is a record holding qb? Most pick 6s in a game!!! Most incompletions in a row? Suffers more injuries than a smurf QB.
canaAg12
AG
Kyle thought he was a leader, but for some reason, attitude, personality, or how good of a teammate he was, did not allow him to be. I could tell that by watching player interaction on the sidelines. I cannot however, disagree with some of the things he says. Hopefully, those things are on the way to being fixed, and the right pieces are being put into place.
Lance Uppercut
AG
quote:
Our coaching staff displays 0 leadership

Does that include Chavis? You've seen what an assistant change can do. I think it would do some people good to realize Allen is not the hero here. He's a quitter, and now he's going nationwide complaining about how bad things were for him when he would have been our starter next year. Von and Acie Law both considered quitting when things got tough at A&M....they stayed and became some of the greatest athletes in our history.

If he thought it was best for him to go play somewhere else, I fully understand taking care of yourself above the desires of college fans who watch your games as entertainment. But to leave AND continue to put people down in the media is not the way you should handle your business.
superunknown
AG
You guys really think he could be a leader if the coaching staff doesn't give a shht and lets the players do whatever they want? Yeah, they're gonna be like "nah Kyle, coach says we're good so we're good. run along now."

Somehow this is all Mike Pettine's fault right?
OTredux
I think this article says what me and many others have been saying for a long time. Face it...we sold ourselves to the "devil" in 2012-13. The facts on what a terrible person and liar that JFF is are coming out more and more. I know we cannot have 85 choir boys, but being an Aggie used to mean something.

It did not mean the party all night/rule bending and breaking/do whatever we want mentality that he came to represent. A ton of flash is meaningless without a ton of substance. While JFF has it on the field, he set the stage for us to take our eye off our core values.

We had a ton of questionable characters on the roster. Took us 2 years to flush them out.

As a fan base we allowed our great brand to be tarnished for the glory of being the "it"school. We shall see if Sumlin can win with a more disciplined, strategic approach vs trying to be the "U".
JonSnow
KA needs to STFU. We have enough issues without him running his mouth. Go about your business at Cougar High an enjoy your anonymity.
ce1994
AG
Johnny Manziel is not the devil.
JMR
S
In the end, it's up to the team (players AND coaches) to prove Allen wrong. If they repeat last 2 years performance Allens comments will be validated in many eyes.

There's no lack of talent here. It's chemistry and heart issues holding us back. Losing games is inevitable, but looking/feeling inept in the process is a sign of problems. The last 2 years have shown symptoms. Hopefully a revamped offensive staff can get the ingredients mixed right and we see an offense with similar intensity as the Def showed last year under Chief.

And make the quitters word fall harmlessly by the way side!
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
The only thing I can say about this article is he is guilty of what he is saying as well. He did not appear to be a leader his actions on the sideline showed me he wasn't in it for the team. Maybe it was because he was tired of it all or maybe he was part of the problem. I don't know and I'm not going to speculate.

You already did speculate.
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
I doubt KA ran to the press, the PRESS RAN to KA and he answered the questions truthfully and honestly to the best of his ability being as cautious and politically correct as possible.

KA is a good kid that wishes the best for A&M and has little respect for Sumlin. Sumlin is the one that is allowing this team to have "special players" that get away with much more than others and isn't requiring them to work and play as a team.

KA is a smart enough kid to understand that things aren't going to change as long as Sumlin is in charge.
ILuvAgLand
How convenient he just jumps on the bash Johnny train. No coincidence he does it this week. What a joke. Man up and admit you were not ready for the SEC. Notice how he transferred to a p5 school.
A Person
AG
This is pretty much what 75% of us have been speculating for a while now. Interesting to see confirmation. Culture issues are 100% on the coaching staff. Sumlin is the common denominator
VatoLocoAggie
Five NFL offensive linemen created by Sherm and an athletic QB throwing to NFL All Pro WR Mike Evans supports what the Zoo says about Summy being overrated and falling into a good situation.

It's already an established fact JFF didn't attend classes and do course work and he along with others received special treatment. This happens at other programs as well.

I am not a KA fan at all but I don't see why some of you are getting your jimmies rustled by his statements. He is actually being accurate IMHO.
FancyKetchup14
AG
txagssweetie2014
quote:
There's no lack of talent here.
Compared to the SEC West? I disagree with you. Our oline is nowhere near as talented as 2012. Neither are the 2 QBs. Our LBers are nowhere near as good as other SEC West schools. We are breaking in new corners.
gaudiz
AG
He addressed a good point as showed an real example with the camera girl on the sildeline.
Ishmael-Ag
AG
As my old man used to say, "Never point out a problem without being a part of the solution." He quit. End of story.
1876er
AG
What??? TexAgs assured me "KDS" was an offensive guru, master recruiter, great CEO.

I think I'll go put my head back in the sand where everything is great.
Token
AG
kyle is 1000 percent correct on the situation
RadAg14
AG
Bob Harris
KA could have let us have it with both barrels - you know that reporter wanted him to shovel some dirt on the program, especially in light of the JFF soap opera. KA actually handled that pretty well, I thought.

There is definitely something weird with the Sumlin situation. He has never really directly addressed any of this. It's amazing how he was able to walk away from the smoldering crater of this season without explaining anything, offering some assurances, regrets, something.

Its getting easier to see and believe that Sumlin is the problem here.
Deputy Travis Junior
He's right. We've all read the rumors seeping out about Sumlin's hands off style and the loose ship he runs. But I wish Kyle would have kept his mouth shut. He's gone. No need to get into it.
Unemployed
AG
Didn't Trent Dilfer say the same thing about our program? Guess Allen was his source. Fking rat.
ottman713
AG
If it wasn't clear from the Pick 6s against Bama, he clearly lacks the capability for good decision making.

1.) He transferred to a school that he visited 0 times.

2.) Admits Herman and Applewhite are why he went to Cougar High, then in the same breath says I know they could be gone tomorrow.

Would it surprise anyone if he is at another school in 2017?

Note: I was always on team Kyle, thought Kyler should wait his turn and improve. Thought Kyle Allen was put in a terrible position by the coaching staff starting with the ASU game.

1876er
AG
quote:
Five NFL offensive linemen created by Sherm and an athletic QB throwing to NFL All Pro WR Mike Evans supports what the Zoo says about Summy being overrated and falling into a good situation.

It's already an established fact JFF didn't attend classes and do course work and he along with others received special treatment. This happens at other programs as well.

I am not a KA fan at all but I don't see why some of you are getting your jimmies rustled by his statements. He is actually being accurate IMHO.
Plus we still had Kliff, Beatty, and Polian here who the players related to and respected. Once they were gone, it was game over.
BrandoC
AG
Everyone can get butthurt all they want but everything he said was true.
1876er
AG
quote:
If it wasn't clear from the Pick 6s against Bama, he clearly lacks the capability for good decision making.

1.) He transferred to a school that he visited 0 times.

2.) Admits Herman and Applewhite are why he went to Cougar High, then in the same breath says I know they could be gone tomorrow.

Would it surprise anyone if he is at another school in 2017?

Note: I was always on team Kyle, thought Kyler should wait his turn and improve. Thought Kyle Allen was put in a terrible position by the coaching staff starting with the ASU game.

That's even more damning. He wanted out THAT badly.
Sex Panther
AG
I like how he basically admitted that he's not nearly as good as Johnny

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.