Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Allen on dysfunction

39,242 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by DayAg!
TexasAggiesWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
quote:
So, you are not a fan of the Turner hire because he just signed a contract with Cincinnati to coach there and didn't fulfill his obligations?

How difficult is to to see the difference between quitting in mid-season and quitting in the off season?
Quitting is quitting, unless it doesn't fit your narrative.
Artorias
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why should he stay if he doesn't want to. Because you want him to? Coaches come and go, so why shouldn't players who are making a "business decision".

Because he signed a contract to play for A&M and he quit on his teammates and coaches before the season ended - simply a bad "business decision". If he's going to promote himself as a team leader then he needs to help the team through the bowl game.

Regardless, what he did to his A&M teammates will follow him on his resume for the rest of his life and the NFL has already taken notes of his juvenile antics.
1) You would simply then be *****ing about him taking valuable reps from Hubenak for the bowl game.

2) LOL at anyone who really thinks the NFL is going to care that he transferred. Pretty sure he won't be the first, or the last, to be a transfer QB who went on to the NFL. Have you seen the guys they draft, and some of the issues they have had in college? Guys with criminal records? Transferring will be the least of an NFL's teams concerns.
cecil77
AG
Football scholarships are one year. Then normally renewed. So, technically, he just didn't accept an offer to renew his scholarship for another year.
12mn95
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
So, you are not a fan of the Turner hire because he just signed a contract with Cincinnati to coach there and didn't fulfill his obligations?

How difficult is to to see the difference between quitting in mid-season and quitting in the off season?
Quitting is quitting, unless it doesn't fit your narrative.
Boom!!!!
Artorias
AG
For all the whiners on here *****ing about KA "quitting". I expect none of you to ever change jobs in your careers, regardless of how toxic you feel your current employer is, or how remaining with your current employer might adversely affect your future.

The reality is the majority of the big recruits we have landed since joining the SEC are not here because they "want to be an Aggie". They are here because we were the ****-hot program that everyone was talking about, and they thought coming here gave them a good path to make it to the next level. Big-time college football is a business - for the schools, the coaches, and the players.
Oilfield Aggie12
W
AG
the problem with Allen's comments...there is usually a gentleman's agreement between the departing transfer player and the former coach/school...that neither will talk about the circumstances of the transfer (or air out any dirty laundry about each other)
coondog004
So tell us Kyle, what was your dysfunctional excuse for the three pick sixes vs. Alabama?
vander54
S
quote:
For all the whiners on here *****ing about KA "quitting". I expect none of you to ever change jobs in your careers, regardless of how toxic you feel your current employer is, or how remaining with your current employer might adversely affect your future.

The reality is the majority of the big recruits we have landed since joining the SEC are not here because they "want to be an Aggie". They are here because we were the ****-hot program that everyone was talking about, and they thought coming here gave them a good path to make it to the next level. Big-time college football is a business - for the schools, the coaches, and the players.

I can say ever position I have left no matter how toxic it was I still have at least 2 weeks notice. I believe in work ethic and integrity.
Artorias
AG
You know the specifics of when KA told the coaches he wanted to transfer? There was 3 weeks between the public announcement of his transfer and the bowl game, and it was before bowl practice started. Let me guess you are one of those who insist he should have played the bowl game knowing he was leaving, instead of giving Hube the practice and game reps?
Agit8r
AG
{quote}:"I think the culture was a big part of it, and I think that stems from Johnny's era there -- the way that they let Johnny and [others] act there," said Allen, the No. 1-rated pro-style quarterback in the 247Sports Composite for 2014. "They [could] do that and still win games because they had Johnny and five offensive linemen playing in the NFL right now."

Allen added: "A lot of people were riding off that, 'I can do whatever the hell I want and win on Saturday."

Here that quitter is talking smack about "the culture" during the Johnny era when he was still in high school at that time! How the hell did he know what "the culture" was then? Obviously, it was all about winning for the Ags and the team then due to the results on the field. Sounds to me like he's just trying to deflect criticism of him being a quitter.

DayAg!
S
Be glad when Sumlin gets fired.So I can say I told ya so when the next coach tanks the program another 4-6 years. This way all the football coaches in here can be happy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.