Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

318,768 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe most, but certainly all. From the beginning, there have been several posters angling against the cops and expecting to find that they killed a bunch of innocent bikers. They've been clamoring to find that the autopsy reports showed the cops killed almost everyone.

These cops may have actually prevented a bad situation from being much much worse. That crime scene was ridiculously huge and complex, with a ridiculous # of potential suspects. I don't blame them one bit for rounding up as many as they did at the scene. Now if you want to blame the DA/judges for being too exhuberant after that, go ahead. But it's looking more like the cops took out the necessary trash without being excessive. But as far as the roundup goes with 9 dead, a clusterF crime scene, and a ****load of bikers, guess what, not everyone is going to get sent home that night.

I don't think anyone is in a position to put any of this ****show on law enforcement at this point.
dubi
AG
quote:
Maybe most, but certainly all. From the beginning, there have been several posters angling against the cops and expecting to find that they killed a bunch of innocent bikers. They've been clamoring to find that the autopsy reports showed the cops killed almost everyone. These cops may have actually prevented a bad situation from being much much worse.
+1

Lots of cop haters here.
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
AG
So what issue do you have with the cops? They have a crime scene where there was a biker war, 9 people got killed, weapons were found EVERYWHERE, and a couple of hundred bikers are present. They should have processed the scene and figured it all out that day?

If the DA/judges were overcharging and not letting people out quickly enough, I don't see that being on the cops.

You may not have liked the cop's initial blustery interview, but so far, it's pretty much been backed up by facts.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
The criticism I've seen (and lodged) in this thread has not been directed at the cops alone, it's been directed at the entire "justice system" being unjust. I don't care if the cops killed all of the dead or none of them, this process has been just about as un-American as it gets. Nothing I've seen yet changes any of that.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
quote:
I don't think anyone is in a position to put any of this ****show on law enforcement at this point.
Wow. Let's just say I disagree. Vehemently.
UnderoosAg
AG
Dashcam video was leaked

Van Buren Boy
AG
I see one guy go down at the 1:20 mark
txaggie02
AG
Man, that is a mad house. Big fat dude behind the vehicle on the far right looks like he shoots at the 1:16 mark and then the back window is promptly blown out. About that same time, the guy under the "Open" sign appears to walk out an point a gun at somebody and is then shot. So much going on. That's crazy.
Naveronski
techno-ag
AG
They're not backing down on the indictments either.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Grand-jury-returns-more-indictments-in-Twin-Peaks-shootout-373255901.html
Centerpole90
AG
That guy, the one under the open sign,

He extends his arm almost like he has a handgun in it then he goes down and goes down hard.

Shot with an AR?
CS78
Looks like it was over in seconds with very little LEO involvement. Maybe they dropped some active shooters from a distance but can't say they would be in the wrong for doing so.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
quote:
Man, that is a mad house. Big fat dude behind the vehicle on the far right looks like he shoots at the 1:16 mark and then the back window is promptly blown out. About that same time, the guy under the "Open" sign appears to walk out an point a gun at somebody and is then shot. So much going on. That's crazy.

Same exact things I noticed. Can't imagine having to de-escalate the situation.

Edit: Wrong emoticon. Supposed to be shocked face.
txaggie02
AG
quote:
Can't imagine having to de-escalate the situation.

Yeah, not often is there a crime scene with 151 firearms. That still blows my mind. 151 firearms within a single restaurant and parking lot.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Most of these dbags should have been spending more time at weight watchers and the gym and less time with their degenerate, fellow wannabes. Watching **** like this go down with cars motoring down the service road, etc pisses me off to no end. Glad to see the grand jury taking care of business.
dubi
AG
Seems the LE haters have disappeared from this thread??
DannyDuberstein
AG
They slinked away about the time the autopsy reports came out and we learned most of these dbags shot each other.
GottaRide
S
When the gag order was put in place a lot of the posting stopped. It really made me wonder how close some were to the investigation.
Guitarsoup
AG
We're eleven months out and there are still people out on bail that haven't been indicted yet?

I think the police and justice system has handled a lot of this extremely terribly. Like arresting people for murder when they had video evidence of them doing nothing but run away from the murder on day one.

Where are these idiots lawyers? Constitutional right to a speedy trial.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Maybe if they hadn't affiliated with and participated in a ridiculous free-for-all with 150 firearms on site and a bunch of people shot, stabbed, and beaten, everything could be sorted through more quickly. I dont have much sympathy for the folks that formally associated with these groups and were there.
TexasRebel
AG
That's just it. Many people were arrested simply because they own a motorcycle and got together with other people that own motorcycles...

That is not criminal.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Some are finding our that organized criminal activity is a crime. Anyone present that is in a club or support club linked to any individual doing dirty that day better have a shovel to dig out of the doodoo they are in.
aggielostinETX
AG
They weren't just gathering with other motorcyclists, they were meeting with known members of organized crime.
TexasRebel
AG
So every White Sox fan is a criminal?
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Maybe if they hadn't affiliated with and participated in a ridiculous free-for-all with 150 firearms on site and a bunch of people shot, stabbed, and beaten, everything could be sorted through more quickly. I dont have much sympathy for the folks that formally associated with these groups and were there.

Some people arrested were unaffiliated. Two people that happened to be eating Mexican food at the restaurant next door wearing a Harley shirt after driving there in their Toyota minivan were arrested and charged with murder.

People that participated, I don't have a problem with being arrested. Members of the Banditos and Cossacks, I don't have a problem with being arrested.

But that wasn't everyone there, or even the majority of people there.
Vernada
AG
There's a new podcast called Embedded. One of the first episodes is called 'Bikers' and they spend a lot of time interviewing the Cossacks. Pretty interesting.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
They weren't just gathering with other motorcyclists, they were meeting with known members of organized crime.

Having lunch with John Gotti, JR is not a crime and does not prove involvement in criminal activity or conspiracy to commit criminal activity.

Furthermore, having guns in your vehicle or on your person is not necessarily a crime. Figured the Outdoors board world get that.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
quote:

Having lunch with John Gotti, JR is not a crime and does not prove involvement in criminal activity or conspiracy to commit criminal activity.
When Gotti fires off the St. Valentines day Massacre during said lunch, you will be involved in someway.

quote:
Furthermore, having guns in your vehicle or on your person is not necessarily a crime. Figured the Outdoors board world get that.
Unless you are committing a crime, or part of a gang...

quote:
Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:
(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or
(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.
(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:
(1) the handgun is in plain view, unless the person is licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and the handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster; or
(2) the person is:
(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic or boating;
(B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm; or
(C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.

71.01(abridged)
quote:
(d) "Criminal street gang" means three or more persons having a common identifying sign or symbol or an identifiable leadership who continuously or regularly associate in the commission of criminal activities

DannyDuberstein
AG
As Deats posted, I get it just fine.
aggielostinETX
AG
It's really not that hard...
BoerneGator
AG
Get a room.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.