Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

317,625 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
CT'97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would really like to see McLennan county go bankrupt from all the civil suits from this and the Baylor rape cases. I think that's the only way anything will change. Run out of money and force everyone from the top down to be fired and start from scratch.

Of course they have Chip and Joanna bankrolling the place so that won't happen. I wounder how they feel about all the money they are bringing to the county going straight to pay for these suits instead of schools or infrastructure?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Did this all just go poof? Any criminal charges landed? Civil suits ongoing?

Was having a chat with our corporate security guy the other day (former HPD and loves to spin a yarn) and he mentioned a run-in back in the 80s and it reminded me of the Twin Peaks fiasco.
O.G.
ChipFTAC01 said:

Did this all just go poof? Any criminal charges landed? Civil suits ongoing?

Was having a chat with our corporate security guy the other day (former HPD and loves to spin a yarn) and he mentioned a run-in back in the 80s and it reminded me of the Twin Peaks fiasco.
A buddy of mine was an Attorney for one of the bikers. Zero charges ever stuck with any of them. Zero convictions/prison time.

Total waste of Tax Payer money to have ever had this fiasco. Former DA Reyna (Philipe Reyna's son) got Primary'd in his bid for re-election and lost. Total wash out.

Even when it went down, I talked to another DA about it and he told me at the time, best case scenario would be maybe 10 convictions out of the 177 or so arrests.

Also, indications are that law enf fired first.
rather be fishing
AG
NYT had an podcast/article about it not long ago:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/06/podcasts/the-daily/the-sunday-read-the-waco-biker-shootout.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.