Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

318,085 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
Tom Doniphon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Give your trolling a rest, rookie.
gillom
AG
Damn...thought rooks got 5 posts.
PabloEsteban87
AG
quote:
How about you share your experiences with Open Carry during an active shooter scenario? How would the police react in that situation? Do you believe open carry would be beneficial during an active shooter scenario? If you have active shooters, others open carrying, and citizens in panic taking cover and possibly fleeing how do you react? Do you draw down on an individual if they are fleeing in your direction and have a pistol holstered? What if that split second misdirection causes you to be hit by an active shooter. Do you actually believe any cop who responded today would say "oh yeah open carry is such a great idea!" "I wish everyone had been OC today it would have went way smoother".

Damn dude are you really that clueless or is this a troll??

The Cops were on site prior to the gunfight not to mention that LEOs typically have at least some description of shooters before arriving in other situations.

Do you honestly think that an officer is going to "draw down " on someone fleeing the scene just because they have a holstered weapon?

And FWIW I'm not a big fan of open carry.
3rdGenAg05
AG
It's just another GB/politics board moron. They seem to flock here now and post anytime there is an opportunity to give us their anti-gun routine.
His next post will tell us what an avid sportsman he is and how much he supports gun ownership, as long as he never has to feel threatened by open carry thugs. The truth is, guns frighten him.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
No cop there today would say open carry would have made the situation better. That is an undeniable fact.
Really? You interviewed each and every cop there? Must have been a busy day.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Fun fact:

Trolls starve, shrivel up and disappear like dust when you stop quoting or engaging them.

Stop laying out the all you can eat buffet, fellas.

rather be fishing
AG
quote:
No cop there today would say open carry would have made the situation better. That is an undeniable fact.
I'd say this is probably accurate.
dr_boogs
AG
quote:
Fun fact:

Trolls starve, shrivel up and disappear like dust when you stop quoting or engaging them.

Stop laying out the all you can eat buffet, fellas.

This may be the best advice ever dolled out on TexAgs, and that's saying something.
91AggieLawyer
AG
No one who open carries (or concealed for that matter) is going to pull his weapon and start firing when its obvious the people involved in the fight are willing participants -- as was the case today. If they pull, they will be in a ready position (hopefully) behind cover. No police officer would have engaged such a person.

Would any cop there say OC would have helped the situation? Don't know for sure, but I'm willing to doubt it. The question is: would any cop say OC would have made things worse? Again, don't know for sure, but I would again doubt it.
schmellba99
AG
quote:

I see you still have not answered my question.

Still waiting, but please make up more things while dodging the question.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
quote:

I see you still have not answered my question.

Still waiting, but please make up more things while dodging the question.
He's hit his 5 posts/day rookie troll limit.
Hoss
AG
quote:
I'm willing to bet a good bit of the bikers who were not felons did have a CHL. Just imagine police responding to an active shooting where suspects and the general public were open carrying while people were getting shot and mass chaos. What a terrible idea.

This incident has NOTHING to do with open carry. Not in any way whatsoever. Quit trying to make something of nothing.
schmellba99
AG
I know, but it doesnt matter. He cant answer my question anyway.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Didn't take long for this thread to take the all too predictable turn.
rather be fishing
AG
I'm trying to figure out which OBer is secretly in the Banditos and created that sock to deflect away from the issue.
agneck
I speculate a few biker shots were fired and then the cops unloaded on them. Wish Freud would have taken out a few more.
Hoss
AG
quote:
I speculate a few biker shots were fired and then the cops unloaded on them. Wish Freud would have taken out a few more.

I'm sure it's possible some of them were shot by law enforcement, but the story I saw said that police didn't fire their weapons until gang members started shooting at them (per KVUE news in Austin). And for sure the people that were stabbed weren't stabbed by police.

The investigators trying to sort through the mess and figure out who shot who have a LOT of work ahead of them.
rather be fishing
AG
quote:
quote:
And for sure the people that were stabbed weren't stabbed by police.

Whatever you want to tell yourself, man. #bikerlivesmatter #leatherupdontstab
VanZandt92
There was a period of my life when I'd go to a biker bar after work. They had live rock and roll and i thought it was cool to grab a beer etc. Anyhow, sometimes the Bandidos were there with their prospects, who are a little like pledges. They really were a miserable group. I never saw any of them crack a smile.

redag06
These restaurants are known for having prostitutions rings run out of them. Biker Gangs are into that sort of thing.
AverageAg
AG
Security cameras inside the restaurant captured this shocking image seconds before the brawl began

drummer0415
AG
quote:
These restaurants are known for having prostitutions rings run out of them. Biker Gangs are into that sort of thing.

Lol, so because they wear short shorts and a low cut top they are prostitutes now? I guess that makes 90% of females between 14 and 35 prostitutes.

And when you say "these restaurants" do you mean just Twin Peaks specifically, or all restaurants of the same genre like Hooters and Bikinis too? Or maybe you mean just every restaurant in Waco?
drummer0415
AG
Dp
EMY92
AG
quote:
How about you share your experiences with Open Carry during an active shooter scenario? How would the police react in that situation? Do you believe open carry would be beneficial during an active shooter scenario? If you have active shooters, others open carrying, and citizens in panic taking cover and possibly fleeing how do you react? Do you draw down on an individual if they are fleeing in your direction and have a pistol holstered? What if that split second misdirection causes you to be hit by an active shooter. Do you actually believe any cop who responded today would say "oh yeah open carry is such a great idea!" "I wish everyone had been OC today it would have went way smoother".

Arizona is an open carry state. When the Gabby Giffords shooting took place, several licensed gun carriers drew their weapons, but did not fire due to the high likelihood of hitting innocents. However, they did manage to tackle the shooter.

Your turn, troll.
EMY92
AG
quote:
I'm FB friends with the manager of the Waco location. She just posted this with the standard "no comment":

Statement from Jay Patel, Operating Partner, Twin Peaks Waco franchise:
"We are horrified by the criminal, violent acts that occurred outside of our Waco restaurant today. We share in the community's trauma. Our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for our customers and employees, and we consider the police our partners in doing so. Our management team has had ongoing and positive communications with the police and we will continue to work with them as we all want to keep violent crime out of our businesses and community. We will continue to cooperate with the police as they investigate this terrible crime."

Waco police addressed this statement during their first press conference of the day about an hour ago. The comment made that this statement is a flat out lie.

The police aren't backing down in placing all of the blame on the local Twin Peaks management.
twenty two ags
quote:
There was a period of my life when I'd go to a biker bar after work. They had live rock and roll and i thought it was cool to grab a beer etc. Anyhow, sometimes the Bandidos were there with their prospects, who are a little like pledges. They really were a miserable group. I never saw any of them crack a smile.

far and away best, most relevant post of this thread.
Knucklesammich
Does every LEO there have to give up the gun they had on scene so it can be figured out in terms of who shot who?

If so that plus the various weapons the bikers were carrying is a metric crap ton of weapons to analyze/sort though
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
This was brought up earlier in the thread as well (prior to the derail/troll hijack). If drugs or prostitution were being run out of this restaurant it was probably being done by a local general manager. It probably couldn't be a lower level shift manager or supervisor because it had to be someone with enough pull to resist police request to cancel bike night.

quote:
Statement from Jay Patel, Operating Partner, Twin Peaks Waco franchise:
I suspect that very few restaurant franchises these days are owned by individuals. Rather they're owned by partnerships that own multiple establishments all over the country. Obviously these partners probably aren't the types to engage in criminal activity.

DBSwooper
quote:
Does every LEO there have to give up the gun they had on scene so it can be figured out in terms of who shot who?
Yes. That is a primary reason why officers keep their weapons clean, so they can prove a no-shoot if need be. If the weapon has evidence of having been fired, then it is consider to have been fired on scene until proven otherwise.

cplatt
quote:

If so that plus the various weapons the bikers were carrying is a metric crap ton of weapons to analyze/sort though

They would have done a round count and anyone who couldn't account for all their rounds would turn in their weapon and have it replaced temporarily.

Either way, no doubt that scene is a cluster to deal with from an investigative standpoint.
redag06

When I say these restaurants, I mean "breastruants". Has nothing to do with what they wear.

It has to do with facts such as this(long read),
quote:
http://www.houstonpress.com/news/teen-victim-to-teen-madam-among-all-the-kids-money-mike-handed-100-bills-for-sex-one-was-charged-with-a-felony-6714300
Ackley
Maybe I missed it I this thread but I would assume twin peaks is a 51% location. I don't know if it is and I am probably wrong, but jut feel like a place like that would be.
EMY92
AG
quote:
Maybe I missed it I this thread but I would assume twin peaks is a 51% location. I don't know if it is and I am probably wrong, but jut feel like a place like that would be.
I don't think it is. I've been in that location, before I started carrying regularly and don't recall seeing a sign stating that the entire place is 51% or a 30.06 sign.

It's likely divided with 51% applying to the bar area, but not the rest of the restaurant.
Naveronski
AG
Doesn't matter to OMG's.
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:

When I say these restaurants, I mean "breastruants". Has nothing to do with what they wear.

It has to do with facts such as this(long read),
quote:
http://www.houstonpress.com/news/teen-victim-to-teen-madam-among-all-the-kids-money-mike-handed-100-bills-for-sex-one-was-charged-with-a-felony-6714300

Sounds like you're reaching to me.
One case wouldn't mean they're known for that. Also one guy paying girls to come to his house and then having the girls bring others along for the same isn't exactly a ring.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.