Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

318,790 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
Thisguy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Posted this in another thread, but I saw a post on Facebook from a guy saying about 100-200 bikes just passed his apt complex located on a back way to avoid 35. Said some were carrying bats and different weapons. That was an hour ago.
dubi
AG
Police need to give those gangs a huge pasture somewhere in the woods where they can all kill each other.
Tom Doniphon
quote:
Police need to give those gangs a huge pasture somewhere in the woods where they can all kill each other.

Put them in that new stadium in Waco and do a last man standing deal.
DBSwooper
This is what I posted in response to the shooting on my author page:

quote:
In relation of Every Day Carry to the massive motorcycle gang war that broke out in Waco today, what would I do if I was with my family in that situation? Give them cover and get them out of the area as quick as possible. That could mean grabbing both of my kids under my arms and
running for the kitchen to get out the back door, it could mean many things. It means that you have to have enough situational awareness to know when the safest course of action is to "pop smoke" and call for backup.
When I was still in full time law enforcement and a patrol officer, after attending Spartan Tactical, I was one of the first in my department to carry a bail out rig. It was a chest rig with 5 spare 30-round magazines for my patrol rifle (AR-15), 2 spare magazines for my duty pistol and a trauma medical kit that had a tourniquet, quikclot and other immediate need life saving gear. Even then, for an active shooter situation like what unfolded in Waco, that is action that is engaged at distance with a rifle and behind cover. Not with a pistol in the middle of the gunfight! Ever wonder where the motorcycle gang's actions and attitude came from in the Winchester Undead series? It wasn't from late nights watching Sons of Anarchy, it was from my experience in law enforcement and the past 70 years of consistent history showing that motorcycle gangs are violent and have no regard for normal society.
farmer95
AG
quote:
quote:
Said he also wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the Twin Peaks is being funded by the Banditos.

Wouldn't be surprising at all.
Somebody help me connect the dots between TPs and the Banditos? Not sure I can draw a correlation with my limited knowledge of the situation.
Scruffy
AG
It was a franchise.
So it's possible the Bandidos are or have connections with the owner of that one.
PFG
AG
Waco. Gross.
SanAntonioAg1
Just imagine if open carry was legal and these gang members were carrying guns inside the restaurant. Could have ended up a lot worse.
DBSwooper
quote:
Just imagine if open carry was legal and these gang members were carrying guns inside the restaurant. Could have ended up a lot worse.
Do you think they care what the law says?
Sean98
AG
Hot chicks, cold beer and dead gang members
cheeky
AG
quote:

quote:
In relation of Every Day Carry to the massive motorcycle gang war that broke out in Waco today, what would I do if I was with my family in that situation? Give them cover and get them out of the area as quick as possible. That could mean grabbing both of my kids under my arms and
running for the kitchen to get out the back door, it could mean many things. It means that you have to have enough situational awareness to know when the safest course of action is to "pop smoke" and call for backup.
When I was still in full time law enforcement and a patrol officer, after attending Spartan Tactical, I was one of the first in my department to carry a bail out rig. It was a chest rig with 5 spare 30-round magazines for my patrol rifle (AR-15), 2 spare magazines for my duty pistol and a trauma medical kit that had a tourniquet, quikclot and other immediate need life saving gear. Even then, for an active shooter situation like what unfolded in Waco, that is action that is engaged at distance with a rifle and behind cover. Not with a pistol in the middle of the gunfight! Ever wonder where the motorcycle gang's actions and attitude came from in the Winchester Undead series? It wasn't from late nights watching Sons of Anarchy, it was from my experience in law enforcement and the past 70 years of consistent history showing that motorcycle gangs are violent and have no regard for normal society.

I need exactly zero patrol officers armed like this.
TwoTimeAg
AG
quote:
As if the Banditos have ever worried about Open Carry, and they will not worry about it in the future either way...
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
So far they're saying all the dead and wounded are biker gang members.

If that's true let's let em do it again next Sunday.

They usually don't mix it up with "civilians" so this whole thing is bizarre.
EMY92
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

I need exactly zero patrol officers armed like this. Cops are worthless. Armed cops are dangerous.

Seems like cops that were armed like that did a fantastic job of keeping innocent people safe and rounding up a couple of hundred gang members.
schmellba99
AG
quote:

Way to try to make something of nothing.

I would venture to say that the majority, if not a full 100%, of the members of each gang did not have CCW permits, yet they managed to carry just the same.

If you are trying to insinuate that if OC was legal that there would have been more casualties because non gang members were interjecting themselves, I would ask why that same thing did not happen with CCW carriers (disregarding that it was probably not legal to carry in TP in the firat place).

Basically, your trying to tenuously connect gang member activity with Open Carrying is a piss poor attempt to make OC look like a bad idea.
230Ag
AG
quote:
Does anyone know the gangs involved?

one was the Van Buren Boys - not sure about the other.
txyaloo
AG
quote:
quote:

Way to try to make something of nothing.

I would venture to say that the majority, if not a full 100%, of the members of each gang did not have CCW permits, yet they managed to carry just the same.

If you are trying to insinuate that if OC was legal that there would have been more casualties because non gang members were interjecting themselves, I would ask why that same thing did not happen with CCW carriers (disregarding that it was probably not legal to carry in TP in the firat place).

Basically, your trying to tenuously connect gang member activity with Open Carrying is a piss poor attempt to make OC look like a bad idea.
No need to feed the trolls. They created their account today, and that is their only post.
dr_boogs
AG
Check out Drudge report. Biker shootout is the big story. "Biker bloodbath in Texas"
SanAntonioAg1
I'm willing to bet a good bit of the bikers who were not felons did have a CHL. Just imagine police responding to an active shooting where suspects and the general public were open carrying while people were getting shot and mass chaos. What a terrible idea.

cplatt
quote:
quote:

quote:

I need exactly zero patrol officers armed like this.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I can respect that, however, when the situation calls for it, as a mass shooting or active shooting situation would, I wouldn't hesitate to respond appropriately regardless of my attire, however if I have access to that, I owe it to my wife and kids to use whatever I have to come home to them at night.

The "militarization of police" is not about how they look or the equipment they use, it's about a philosophy and idea. I think I am on board with you against the idea and philosophy, but if I have access to what amounts to some basic protective equipment with extra ammo for a SHTF type scenario, then I sure as hell will use it.

I'm not for every single officer out there being geared up looking like he is walking in Fallujah in 2004, however I am absolutely for every officer having access to this equipment in their job as this world and the criminals we interact with are very different than even thirty years ago.

Be wary of policies and leadership ideologies, not the equipment that is donned to fight a fight.
agsalaska
AG
Opened account today
MouthBQ98
AG
I wouldn't want them wearing it all the time, but I do want them to have ready access to the means to defend themselves and the public.
gillom
AG
2 more posts and he's done...

Wrong emoticon.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
Opened account today

I was kind of assuming it was you or NW80's troll account.
DBSwooper
quote:
I wouldn't want them wearing it all the time, but I do want them to have ready access to the means to defend themselves and the public.
Bail out rigs/bags are now often kept in patrol vehicles for occasions like what occurred in Waco today. It isn't a "show up wearing it to take a burglary report" or "take out for a traffic stop" sort of thing. Law Enforcement, contrary to what the dramatized TV shows may lead you to believe, is completely reactionary in nature, from calls to service to solving crimes, it happens after the fact. Every major change in tactics and gear can be often linked to a single tragedy. From the North Hollywood shootout to the active shooter tactics developed post Columbine, it has always been reactionary due to an institutional resistance to change, among other reasons.
STX Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Does anyone know the gangs involved?

one was the Van Buren Boys - not sure about the other.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
I'm willing to bet a good bit of the bikers who were not felons did have a CHL. Just imagine police responding to an active shooting where suspects and the general public were open carrying while people were getting shot and mass chaos. What a terrible idea.

Please regale me with your experience with OC. I will wait patiently.
SanAntonioAg1
How about you share your experiences with Open Carry during an active shooter scenario? How would the police react in that situation? Do you believe open carry would be beneficial during an active shooter scenario? If you have active shooters, others open carrying, and citizens in panic taking cover and possibly fleeing how do you react? Do you draw down on an individual if they are fleeing in your direction and have a pistol holstered? What if that split second misdirection causes you to be hit by an active shooter. Do you actually believe any cop who responded today would say "oh yeah open carry is such a great idea!" "I wish everyone had been OC today it would have went way smoother".

JD05AG
AG
I'm FB friends with the manager of the Waco location. She just posted this with the standard "no comment":

Statement from Jay Patel, Operating Partner, Twin Peaks Waco franchise:
"We are horrified by the criminal, violent acts that occurred outside of our Waco restaurant today. We share in the community's trauma. Our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for our customers and employees, and we consider the police our partners in doing so. Our management team has had ongoing and positive communications with the police and we will continue to work with them as we all want to keep violent crime out of our businesses and community. We will continue to cooperate with the police as they investigate this terrible crime."

Tom Doniphon
That doesn't match up with the LEO statements... at all.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:

Bullcrap.

Thanks for signing up, rookie.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
How about you share your experiences with Open Carry during an active shooter scenario? How would the police react in that situation? Do you believe open carry would be beneficial during an active shooter scenario? If you have active shooters, others open carrying, and citizens in panic taking cover and possibly fleeing how do you react? Do you draw down on an individual if they are fleeing in your direction and have a pistol holstered? What if that split second misdirection causes you to be hit by an active shooter. Do you actually believe any cop who responded today would say "oh yeah open carry is such a great idea!" "I wish everyone had been OC today it would have went way smoother".

I am not the one making statements, the burden of proof lies with you. And since you make your statements with such conviction, one must assume you have a deep well of experience to draw from and that educating us with fact and hard data would be nothing for you to do.

So, i still wait for an answer to my original question.
SanAntonioAg1
No cop there today would say open carry would have made the situation better. That is an undeniable fact.
gillom
AG
And you're done.
SanAntonioAg1
?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.