Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

318,079 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
VanZandt92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
An awful lot is being read into these gangs. Bottom line is they aren't very smart and they're ill humored. They likely don't even understand half the symbols they wear.
laavispa
quote:
Celtic cross, another symbol that's very popular with the white supremacist crowd.

Well I'm not a member of the 1% or "white supremacist crowd" and neither is my SO. BUT she wears a Celtic cross from time to time- part of MY heritage!!
confucius_ag
AG
quote:
Do any of these gangs not have better taste in logo design? Every logo looks like some cartoon character; not very ferocious or intimidating if you ask me.
Tradition. Loyalty.

Most likely the same logo used since they were founded in the sixties.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
quote:
Celtic cross, another symbol that's very popular with the white supremacist crowd.

Well I'm not a member of the 1% or "white supremacist crowd" and neither is my SO. BUT she wears a Celtic cross from time to time- part of MY heritage!!

Did I say everyone who wears a celtic cross is a white power dork?

Save your outrage.

ORAggieFan
quote:
quote:
quote:
I wonder how many UC's were actually there with the actual clubs!
FBI agent on the Fox news program at lunch saying it's tough to get UCs into the 1% clubs. Primarily because in order to become a full patch member Ann's certainly to get into an inner circle to be of any use to law enforcement, they things they'd have too do might be unacceptable.

Again, just parroting the FBI guy on TV.
It has happened three known times. They may have more in addition.

http://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/the-cop-who-infiltrated-southern-californias-most-notorious-biker-gangs/

http://www.history.com/shows/gangland-undercover/articles/charles-falco
Under and Alone is a very good read for anyone interested at an inside look into these gangs. Written by a cop in SoCal who got inside the Monguls (highlighted in the first link).
laavispa
quote:
, but those two symbols both being used is a pretty good indication.
No but you did say this!!!!!!!!
Bismarck
AG
Well, dang. I guess your SO will have to stop wearing her celtic cross with her SS badges.
laavispa
Ya got me there!!!
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
quote:
, but those two symbols both being used is a pretty good indication.
No but you did say this!!!!!!!!

Are you slow?

"two symbols both being used".

Two.

Both.

Yeah, if you wear a celtic cross, sport SS rune tattoos and are in an effing biker gang, you're probably a white supremacist.

If you're a redheaded chick who's not in a gang wearing a celtic cross, you're probably not.

This is not difficult.

maverick2076
quote:
quote:
quote:
How much pride do you have in your Aggie ring, your degree, your Association of Former Students membership? You worked had for those symbols, and you are proud of what you did to earn them and the group that you belong to. Telling a club not to wear their patches and such would be like telling an Aggie not to wear his ring, not tohang his degree up, to take off his Association sticker, to never wear maroon, and to not tell anyone that they are an Aggie.

If a group of Aggies get into a shootout with a bunch of LSU fans at a Waffle House over who claims Houston and 9 people die, you might have a point.

Until then......lol.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the question that was asked that I responded too, but since you bring it up...

Not every MC was involved in this shooting, or any other. Using your hypothetical as an example, Trying to group every MC or riding organization into the same group as those who perpetrated this act is like trying to blame every college student (biker wearing a patch) or even every SEC school (MC) for the actions of one small group.
laavispa
quote:
If you're a redheaded chick who's not in a gang wearing a celtic cross, you're probably not.

That is a load off my mind. SO is redhead-not OMC- and Celtic cross... and HELL no no rule#1
mpl35
AG
quote:
quote:
I've heard they do that to push the boundries of society and push buttons but who knows. I know it is a fairly new gang from Russia. Not something I would be a part of.

It's from Tyler, TX. They just took the name from the Russian group.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
An awful lot is being read into these gangs. Bottom line is they aren't very smart and they're ill humored. They likely don't even understand half the symbols they wear.

Exactly. Their knowledge of NaIzis probably doesn't extend past "cool uniforms". Same with Confederate flag motif. All they know is that it means rebellion and it pisses people off, as does the Nazi junk.
carpe vinum
AG
txaggie02
AG
This website is showing that 4 of the 9 killed were Cossacks. The MC for the other 5 hasn't been listed yet.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/wayne-lee-campbell-waco-shooting-shootout-victim-dead-cossacks-motorcycle-biker-club-gang-victim-cause-of-death-photos-children-family-memorial/

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/matthew-mark-smith-waco-texas-motorcycle-biker-club-gang-shootout-shooting-killed-dead-victim-family-photos-facebook-cossacks-scimitars/

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/daniel-danny-raymond-boyett-waco-texas-twin-peaks-motorcycle-biker-club-gang-shootout-shooting-victim-dead-memorial-family-cossacks-photos/

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/richard-rick-vincent-bear-kirschner-dead-waco-motorcycle-biker-club-gang-shooting-shootout-victim-killed-wife-facebook-photos-cossacks-memorial/
aggielostinETX
AG
Matthew Smith was a Scimitar. This would lead credence to patch over you talked about.
SteveBott
AG
02 all the others were Bandidos. at least per the link I posted earlier.
SteveBott
AG
Per another poster Scimitars want to merge with the Cossacks.
txaggie02
AG
quote:
02 all the others were Bandidos. at least per the link I posted earlier.
Maybe I am wrong, but I thought your link just said that all were Bandidos and Cossacks. I never saw where they said how the numbers played out between the two MCs. No?
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
Not every MC was involved in this shooting, or any other. Using your hypothetical as an example, Trying to group every MC or riding organization into the same group as those who perpetrated this act is like trying to blame every college student (biker wearing a patch) or even every SEC school (MC) for the actions of one small group.
Unfortunately in the public eye, it could almost be. One kid from Tech decides to spraypaint the MSC grass and you've got folks ready to burn their entire campus down. That one incident will be brought up time and time again. The actions of one will stain the reputation of thousands.

One bicyclist runs a redlight or stopsign (could just be a kid on a Huffy), and the bull horns come out to get cyclists off public roads.

One trucker falls asleep at the wheel, and it's oh noes, the roads are full of toxin hauling death mobiles!

One cop makes a mistake, or proves to the world he's a bonehead (like the rest of us from time to time), and it's screw the over-militarized, don't ever trust the cops!

The eye of public opinion will paint all rider groups (MC, RC, MM, MA, and unaffiliateds) with the same broad brush. You're on a Harley, you're an evil drug dealing, prostitute hustling, bar-room brawling, bike gang thug.

Now, are any of the broad sweeping generalizations I just made true? Oh heck no they're not! We all know it. (But that's ok we can still make fun of TechTards). Unfortunately a lot of damage has been done. Who will be the one to clean it up? The COC? The AMA? Does the COC kick these folks out? If so how do they choose who stays and who goes? Cossacks and Scimitars aren't 1%, and "officially" that moniker doesn't mean it's a criminal organization. The riding community as a whole has likely got some real damage control to do.
aggielostinETX
AG
i couldn't find that either.
SteveBott
AG
Scimitar and Gypsy from the pics I saw. Not sure the fifth
maverick2076
All the riding organizations, including the COC, the AMA, and the involved clubs are going to have to work together to clean this up in the public eye.
maverick2076
quote:
Scimitar and Gypsy from the pics I saw. Not sure the fifth

The only clubs reported as being involved in the violence or among the injured/killed are Bandidos, Cossacks and Scimitars.
SteveBott
AG
Mav I saw a pic of the Gypsy but no one has publicly confirmed. I have 2 Gypsy's on my street and easy to spot their jackets. Unless there are more then one all yellow vests.
maverick2076
quote:
Mav I saw a pic of the Gypsy but no one has publicly confirmed. I have 2 Gypsy's on my street and easy to spot their jackets. Unless there are more then one all yellow vests.

As I said several times now, there were a lot of clubs there, including the Gypsy's, the Leathernecks, the Vietnam Vets, etc. Most of them had 0 involvement in the violence.
SteveBott
AG
Mav police reporting only 5
gwellis
AG
I was told there were 8 different MCs there.
Gil '91
txaggie02
AG
There are more than 5. Atleast the following......

1. Bandidos
2. Cossacks
3. Scimitars
4. In Country Vietnam Vets
5. Gypsys
6. Leathernecks
7. Valerosos

Also seen several other vest, but couldn't make out the MC names.
carpe vinum
AG
How would you like to be the CSI group trying to backtrack all the various bullets to their source?
Will be interesting to read who shot whom.
maverick2076
quote:
Mav police reporting only 5
Police also reported "hundreds" of weapons. Now they are reporting 50. I'm going off the different patches I have seen in pics and what I know of COC meetings. There were a lot more than 5 clubs present.
Log
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

But if I want to spend hours on a big, loud, powerful machine that rattles my bones with every bump, takes me outdoors, vibrates the seat so violently that it takes hours to unwind when I get home, puts me out in the weather, etc. etc. etc.....I don't need to buy an extra vehicle or leave work.....

I call BS. Big and powerful, yes. The rest, not so much. That's the Cadillac of tractors. Should have posted a picture of a 4020........lol...just messing with you.

I've got a row crop propane 4020. Does that make me 1%.
IDAGG
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I wonder how many UC's were actually there with the actual clubs!
FBI agent on the Fox news program at lunch saying it's tough to get UCs into the 1% clubs. Primarily because in order to become a full patch member Ann's certainly to get into an inner circle to be of any use to law enforcement, they things they'd have too do might be unacceptable.

Again, just parroting the FBI guy on TV.
It has happened three known times. They may have more in addition.

http://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/the-cop-who-infiltrated-southern-californias-most-notorious-biker-gangs/

http://www.history.com/shows/gangland-undercover/articles/charles-falco
Under and Alone is a very good read for anyone interested at an inside look into these gangs. Written by a cop in SoCal who got inside the Monguls (highlighted in the first link).
Under and Alone is absolutely a very good read. I believe the author in the book that infiltrated the Mongols was actually ATF. The interesting thing from the book was that even though he knew these guys were scumbags and witnessed their scumbaggery, he also was growing close to some of them. The whole brotherhood thingy I suppose. Anyway, anyone who idolizes these 1% clubs is seriously misguided.
schmellba99
AG
I still dont understand why the clubs that are genuinely just clubs of people that live close to one another and enjoy the aspect of riding together associate with clubs, such as the Banditos or Cossacks or Hells Angels or whomever, when it is known that some of these "clubs" are clubs on paper only and are in all reality gangs/organized crime, much less voluntarily cede them the power that they do with respect to the rules they make.

It simply makes zero.sense to me. None.

An analogy would be a competition BBQ team requiring to get permission from the Crips or Bloods to get a banner and team shirts made. Why the hell would they associate themselves with that type of organization?

If bike clubs want to clean up their public image, start with disassociating yourself with known criminal.enterprises - even if only a small portion of the Banditos are the criminal element it simply does not matter, and matters even less in the world of public perception. A Bandito is a Bandito in my eyes, and I dare say the vast majority of Joe Q. Public thinks the same way.
DRE06
AG
quote:
An analogy would be a competition BBQ team requiring to get permission from the Crips or Bloods to get a banner and team shirts made. Why the hell would they associate themselves with that type of organization?

You aren't very good at analogies

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.