**** Official Xbox One Launch Thread ****

87,498 Views | 1057 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mjpfeffer98
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have read that some disc installs proceed very slowly. The good news is that, like the PS4, the install is designed to let you start playing before it's finished (I assume they install the critical bits and beginning of the game first).
Aggietaco
AG
IT just sent an e-mail saying they were shutting down the system I've been working in all day which would be a great excuse to shut down the laptop and play some BF4, except still no console. Cry, cry.
maroonbleeder
AG
I got mine from Sam's early this morning. Got home, got it all set up and you cannot load a disk in it. Apparently this is a common issue. Of course I can't exchange it because everyone is all out of them, so now I have to wait for microsoft to call me back and send me one next week. This really sucks.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Just got mine and finished setting it all up.

About to test it once the introduction is over and hopefully everything is working as it should.
Ovaltine
Yikes, bleeder, sorry to hear that. Launch day problems blow.
herb96
AG
Just got mine, but not getting home till later. See yall on the battlefield tonight. - I hope.
jeffk
AG
For those of you already playing, are you wired or on WiFi?

I've never setup a system to run primarily over WiFi. Is the speed difference noticeable on gaming?
Bryan98
AG
jeffk - As long as you have a good signal, I've never noticed a perceptible difference. That said, I do all my gaming these days wired, just because I want to feel like it's the best it can be.

And I have gamed on PC and Xbox 360 both ways.
fig96
AG
Your wireless router should be able to handle more than enough throughput to handle everything going to the console, it can handle well more than the bandwidth that your internet connection is providing.

If it doesn't you've got a ridiculous connection that I don't believe exists at this point in time
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Seems my Xbox One is working perfectly. Downloading the BF4 1100 MB update now.

Taking a **** load of time, but then again with all the issues I've been hearing from people regarding PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game, I'm not surprised there is a day one update.

Question, those that got the "Day One" version of the console: Isn't it supposed to say "Day One" on the console somewhere?
m-walker
AG
I thought just the controller.
TexAgBolter
AG
DAY
ONE

...on the controller and a metallic d-pad.
Tomdoss92
AG
Got mine (and my extra) and system install complete. now downloading a game.

ACIV and MWGhosts that were supposed to be here wednesday and were misdirected by the post office might get here tonight.
Hornographer
One other problem I was having and the solution in case anyone else runs into this. I'm running HDMI from the xbox to my receiver but in the audio section it was only allowing me to use stereo. If I tried to change to surround sound it would give an error and say my receiver did not support it. If you change the input type from auto-detect to HDMI then you will be able to switch to surround sound without problem.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Oh so the:

DAY
ONE

Isn't on the console at all? It's on my controller as well as the metallic D-pad.

Did anyone download the Skype app and get 6 months of free premium?
OldArmy07
AG
I think you also need to enable the beta 5.1 passthrough on the XB1 or it will only output TV signal in stereo. Maybe it's different after the D1 update though.
jr15aggie
AG
Takes a while to get use to this thing. A lot different than the 360 in many ways... Lots of stuff not very intuitive if you ask me cause I'm so use to how the 360 does it. Got a lot of things like my TV set up now. It's all pretty sweet, but definitely plenty of things to start adding to the "update" wish list.
Hornographer
quote:
I think you also need to enable the beta 5.1 passthrough on the XB1 or it will only output TV signal in stereo. Maybe it's different after the D1 update though.
If you want to watch your TV in surround sound then yeah, you still need to go enable the beta. What I was referring to was all audio coming out of the xbox, including games and movies.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
Takes a while to get use to this thing.

Blue parachute for you because this cannot be said enough. Huge leap from the 360 OS to this.

Also, everyone has to try out the new MIC's, crystal clear, absolutely beautiful talking to people in parties.
jeffk
AG
Hooked up and downloading updates.

I'm so excited!
Aggietaco
AG
Already consumed all the beer in the house waiting. Fecking FedEx.
OldArmy07
AG
UPS came to my house and dropped off a play & charge kit and left. I called UPS and they said that everything else *may* be on another truck because he couldn't see that they were a linked shipment.

Weird b/c I'm expecting 2 xb1s from Microsoft, a few games from Amazon, and the play and charge kit was also from Microsoft.

Here's hoping that UPS makes another stop at my house tonight w/ two XB1s and some games.
m-walker
AG
I'm at hobby with my xbone handcuffed to my wrist, still waiting to kick my brothers ass in nba2k.
TheMustangTesla
AG
Fed ex taking so long... My friend who lives 5 minutes away received his 4 hours ago... Our friendship is strained at the moment
jg07
AG
The hard drive is really noisy in my xbox. Sounds like old hard drives with all the crunching.
Texags is garbage
Did anybody order from the MS Store? I ordered early today and haven't received an e-mail, nor does anything show up in my order history.
TheMustangTesla
AG
Flawless Victory, everything installed and working perfectly
dcaggie04
AG
Man, this thing is super quiet. If the light wasn't on, I wouldn't know it was on.

Played a little Deadrising 3, tried out the smartglass companion for it. Pretty awesome integrarion. You can pull up maps, your todo lists, and quite a bit of other things.
degreedy
AG
Anyone have any issues with their one not being recognized by tv hdmi?
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
Anyone have any issues with their one not being recognized by tv hdmi?

Some crap cables out there.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/x1-hdmi-cable-defective.453540243/
TheMustangTesla
AG
If you tweet @xboxsupport1 they have been very responsive to any issues
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Did anybody order from the MS Store? I ordered early today and haven't received an e-mail, nor does anything show up in my order history.
MS never showed my order in my history, but I did get a shipping notice Nov. 16.

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 11/22/2013 8:22p).]
wee_ag
AG
From Microsoft:
quote:
If you're installing a game to your Xbox One console from a disc and it seems to be frozen (meaning it's sitting at a lower percentage for an extended period of time), have no fear! We're here to help!

Give the following steps a shot:
Disconnect your Xbox One console from your network.
Hold down the power button (on the console) for 5-10 seconds until the console powers off.
Power the console on again.
Retry the game install again without connecting to your network.
Once the game has completed installing, you can reconnect to your network and download any needed updates.
wee_ag
AG
Live-streaming Forza... let me know how the quality is. Not sure how my connection will handle it.

http://www.twitch.tv/pointsmatter
Madmarttigan
AG
waiting on BF4 multiplayer to install is killer

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.