**** Official Xbox One Launch Thread ****

87,181 Views | 1057 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mjpfeffer98
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Launch week! All news, reviews, info is welcome.

[This message has been edited by jr15aggie (edited 11/18/2013 11:04a).]
Aggietaco
AG
Kinect looks like a retarded robot face.
jr15aggie
AG
^^^ BF4 Troll!
Kampfers
AG
Probably won't actually get mine until Thanksgiving, but I'm pumped for launch anyways!
Risky101
S
It's watching me...

#tinfoilhat
Aggietaco
AG
No troll, I just really don't want that thing exposed on my entertainment console. May have to experiment with how well it operates behind some speaker mesh material to hide its ugliness.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
No troll, I just really don't want that thing exposed on my entertainment console

I know man, just messing with you. I'm actually excited the Kinect is included, but I also have kids, so I will probably get 80% more use out of it than you will... especially when it comes to auto loading multiple profiles n stuff.
Jason_Ag98
AG
m-walker
AG
Damn those boxed up units? Was hoping to fly with mine in Friday.
slickag2007
AG
Getting one but hopefully selling it in ebay due to losing my job. Probably won't get another til next year. I'm pretty disappointed.
OldArmy07
AG
Sorry to hear that SlickAg - kudos to you for making a sane financial decision though.

Good luck in your job search!
slickag2007
AG
Thanks. I hope I can actually turn a bit of a profit. They made me reserve a game for xbox one, so I'm hoping to get like 800 for the whole shebang.
jr15aggie
AG
Lots of reviews going up... Forza and Ryse reviews are embargoed until later this week.

Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 are both averaging around 78%. Both are described as very fun games which is the good news. Dead Rising was knocked for a few technical issues and KI for a small roster and no story mode (although more characters and a story mode are coming soon and are part of the package when you buy the full game).

The smaller downloadable games are all getting mixed reviews. Loccocycle is getting decent reviews by some and horrible reviews by others. Powerstar Golf is getting solid 60-70% average, Crimson Dragon getting "meh" reviews. Zoo Tycoon mixed reviews as well. Pretty common scores for downloadable games.

So far the big exclusives are doing better than the PS4's big name games. Forza could get solid 80% range review scores and Ryse will no doubt be as controversial in the reviews as it has been since E3.

Overall, I'd say MS and Sony can both thank the strong 3rd party support for helping their launches. Games like BF4, COD, NBA 2K14, Assassins Creed, & Need for Speed have all reviewed VERY well and make the launch line-up pretty strong.
OldArmy07
AG
Saw something earlier today about a day one patch for DR3 that fixes the framerate at 30fps nearly 100% of the time that wasn't included at the time of review.

I didn't preorder that one because I'm afraid I'd get bored with it, but I'm really interested in DR4 when they figure out the console and are able to up the graphics to match the # of zombies on screen.
jr15aggie
AG
^^^ Could be. I've heard of several launch games (1st party & 3rd party) that all have day 1 patches that help the games in terms of frame rate, resolution, etc. People were definitely pushed for deadlines.

I think you can take most launch game reviews with a grain of salt. Anything 70% or better you can pretty much bet it's a solid game... if you are in the least bit interested in the content of that game you will have a really good time with it.

I will not get dead rising 3 at launch, but I'm very interested because I liked the other DR games (if I was reviewing them I'd give them solid 85% scores) and in terms on next gen goodness I'm impressed with the crazy # of zombies on the screen.
jr15aggie
AG
I'll go ahead and list everything I have/will get by Friday now that my mind has been made up:

Accessories:
1 extra controller

Games:
Battlefield 4 - Obligatory "it will be better once they patch it" and because it's awesome purchase.

Ryse - Obligatory "it's so pretty" and I like killing people with swords purchase.

NBA 2K14 - Obligatory "it's so pretty" and it's been a while since I got a sports game purchase.

Killer Instinct: Obligatory "I use to play KI in 1994 at Mr. Gattis Nostalgia" and this will be the Thanksgiving party game purchase.

Good thing I got a lot of gamestop money for my PS3 and games trade-in!!!
Ovaltine
2K14 is completely underwhelming, IMO. I was in the same camp as you, but the graphics don't make up for the game itself to me.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
2K14 is completely underwhelming, IMO. I was in the same camp as you, but the graphics don't make up for the game itself to me.

I hear the learning curve is really steep. I am possibly leaning towards Need for Speed in it's place (I'm not a huge Forza fan unfortunately)... but it's been at least 3-4 years since I had a good sports game and I know this game has the goods when you learn it.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:

I hear the learning curve is really steep. I am possibly leaning towards Need for Speed in it's place (I'm not a huge Forza fan unfortunately)... but it's been at least 3-4 years since I had a good sports game and I know this game has the goods when you learn it.

if you want a sports game get FIFA. Ha.

day one I will have an extra controller, FIFA, bf4, and forza.
codenameduchess
AG
If you don't have it pre-ordered and just buy one at the midnight release, then do you still get two games?
OldArmy07
AG
Where are you getting the two games from in your question?
Saxsoon
AG
I am taking off the Sony hat for a moment and would be kind of concerned with an embargoed review on Ryse while so many others are coming out. I get a nervous feeling when I see the same thing with movies.
CrottyKid
AG
Are there any launch titles with split screen local multiplayer? I want to pick up a game that I can play with my family at Thanksgiving without having to be online.
Eraserhead Ag
Destructoid reviewer said Forza was probably his favorite next gen title, he just couldn't officially state it until the embargo was over. Ryse will be a prolly price drop game or rental at best. I am for sure getting DR3 and BF4 this week

Edit: To answer Crottykid, Forza has local mp, and Lego Marvel Superheroes if that's your bag. Fifa, NBA, and Madden all obviously have mp as well.

[This message has been edited by Eraserhead Ag (edited 11/19/2013 6:27a).]
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Are there any launch titles with split screen local multiplayer? I want to pick up a game that I can play with my family at Thanksgiving without having to be online.

Lego Marvel game
Call of Duty
All Sports Games
Killer Instinct
TheMustangTesla
AG
I wonder if redbox will have Xbox One games at some point, I don't currently see PS4 games for rent. It would be nice to test out a game before purchasing it.

I'll probably get FIFA and NBA 2K14 because I've always enjoyed the multiplayer aspect of those games. I am gonna wait on Ryse reviews later this week before making that decision.

Excited to see the User Interface preview on gamespot today.
jr15aggie
AG
And to the co-op question above... the Kinect Sports free preview "preseason" jet ski game has split screen too (most likely up to 4 people at a time).
jr15aggie
AG
It's pretty much to the point that it's OK if this game isn't your cup of tea... it's OK if the combat is repetitive and it's not the greatest game ever... how can anybody look at this game and at the very least not give it Kudos for being bad a$$!!!!

Ryse Launch Trailer

OldArmy07
AG
I think we should all chip in and buy a copy of Ryse, then mail it down the line when we're finished with it. I'm interested in playing it, but I don't want to drop 60 bucks on it.
CrottyKid
AG
quote:
I think we should all chip in and buy a copy of Ryse, then mail it down the line when we're finished with it. I'm interested in playing it, but I don't want to drop 60 bucks on it.

I'm in.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
In.
OldArmy07
AG
So... We setup a paypal account, donate to it until we have enough for the game and then just each bite the 4 bucks for shipping? If we have enough interest I can set it up tonight.

[This message has been edited by Oldarmy07 (edited 11/19/2013 1:19p).]
CrottyKid
AG
Do you all think this NFS Rivals format can be pulled off? Anyone remember the Test Drive Unlimited fail?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I think we should all chip in and buy a copy of Ryse, then mail it down the line when we're finished with it

I remember when the XB1 was originally designed so that all games were digital and we could share with our friends.

I'm getting a Day 1 edition of the game. If y'alls pay-pal deal doesn't work out we can talk in a few weeks and I might be ready to part with it by then. Either selling it down the line or even a straight up trade for another launch game. Whatever.
TheMustangTesla
AG
Link below is to the Gamespot Live Pre-Launch Part 2:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/xbox-one-pre-launch-part-2-ui-and-hardware/2300-6416225/

They will preview the new Xbox One console, UI, Dashboard, Apps, and Games.

Scheduled to start at 11 PM tonight.

[This message has been edited by TheMustangTesla (edited 11/19/2013 2:29p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.