**** Official Xbox One Launch Thread ****

87,503 Views | 1057 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mjpfeffer98
Pilmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mullet, Are you staying PC for BF4?
slickag2007
AG
No one here or probably anywhere else either.
whiteman
I'm staying PC for BF4, to much time put into that. 43 hours is a lot for me at this point lol.
jeffk
AG
UPS has updated my unit to "in transit."
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Mullet, Are you staying PC for BF4?
i was hoping for a buy two, get one special on XB1 games like they offered for PS4, but I guess retailers were more worried about PS4 games selling than XB1. So I'll be sticking to PC unless I can pick it up cheap later.
jeffk
AG
Best Buy is offering a $100 gift card for any working 360 or PS3. Tempting.
slickag2007
AG
But xbox one isn't backwards compatible. Right?
wee_ag
AG
No backward compatibility.

And THE STORE IS UP! Pre-purchase and get your digital apps reedy to download.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/
whiteman
I'll see if i can trade them my ps2 and intelivison with about 20 games for each.
jr15aggie
AG
I just remembered that watch dogs was suppose to be a launch title. That would have been my main day 1 game.

Looking at the store, I see zoo tycoon is $59 like all retail games. Seriously??!! Was considering it for the kids, but not anymore. Reviews said it is very menu intensive and tedious... sounds the opposite of kid friendly.

And if those prices don't get any better good luck getting lots of us to join the digital revolution! Angry Birds for $50 and not a single digital game cheaper than $20. Not holding my breath that we are going to see any Steam like discounts any time soon.
jeffk
AG
Queued up Fitness for download.

But overall you're right - not much worth getting on that page of downloads. The little golf game might be fun, but not at $20.
jr15aggie
AG
Doesn't look like I'll be able to get my delivery held at the local terminal... Fedex hasn't updated the info yet so I can't make any changes. It is confirmed as an express shipment so I have no worries it will be here tomorrow at some point.

Think I'll just go see the Hunger Games in the morning, go pick up some lunch after, get some snacks for the sure to be late night Friday gaming, go pick up all my games, and then perhaps it will be waiting by the time I get home.

Still a pretty awesome Friday!!!

PS: Hope everybody has a good launch day experience and for those doing the midnight release, stay out of trouble!
Average Joe
AG
When I worked shipping/receiving back in the day express shipments had to be delivered by 10:30 a.m. Don't know if it has changed, but worth taking a peak around then just in case.
jeffk
AG
UPS will likely just leave the box on the stoop if no one is home, right? Is there any way to make sure they don't leave a stupid note on the door?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Queued up Fitness for download.

Yeah, I'm psyched to see how the fitness thing works. I did a Tough Mudder (12 mile obstacle course run) in Houston back in October and have not gotten back into my normal workout routine since. I've been sorta looking at XB1 Fitness as my target for "time to get going again". It will make the Spring a lot easier if I have less "winter coat" to shed.

I'm looking to do a Spartan Race in May (in Burnet)... any of you nerds wanna get cut on XB1 fitness and join me?

Me at the tough mudder! Check out the concentration... I was like Rocky, totally focused on kicking Apollo Ovaltine Creed's a$$
whiteman
Fedex is the only one i've had leave notes, UPS has left **** on my porch no matter how big or small.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
UPS will likely just leave the box on the stoop if no one is home, right?

Yes, they should. My wife is a stay at home so she'll be around if they do indeed deliver early. Here's hoping.
herb96
AG
quote:
UPS will likely just leave the box on the stoop if no one is home, right? Is there any way to make sure they don't leave a stupid note on the door?

Probably not, and you'll have to go to their North Houston location for pick up, and that is a mess. Give them a call to see if they would.

[This message has been edited by herb96 (edited 11/21/2013 7:46p).]
jr15aggie
AG
With the smart glass app you can start adding certain friends to your favorites list. I've got the BF crew added.

You can also start setting your pins... Got all my games and apps in place.
Texags is garbage
Any chance to grab one in CS at launch?
Kampfers
AG
quote:
With the smart glass app you can start adding certain friends to your favorites list. I've got the BF crew added.

Smart. I'm gonna add the xbone bf4 crew now. If anyone wants to play some FIFA, feel free to add me as well. GT is the same as my handle here.
AgsWin2011
AG
I have both PS3 and 360. I play the 360 way more and usually only pay MLB on the PS3. However I am really leaning toward the PS4. Is it true the XBone had to be connected to the Internet at all times to play games regardless whether or not your wanting to play online. Also, is it true that you won't be able to play used games on the XBone? If so I think that's a deal breaker.
wee_ag
AG
No on both. I'm surprised this is still a question. I guess MS didn't do such a good job on clarifying.

Check here for all the details: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/get-the-facts

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 11/21/2013 8:58p).]
Saxsoon
AG
Damn Jr, here I thought the nerdery was filled with a bunch of limp wristed nerds

[This message has been edited by Marsuvees (edited 11/21/2013 9:37p).]
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Damn Jr, here I thought the nerdery was filled with a bunch of limp wristed nerds
still not convinced it's jr.
Kampfers
AG
Not sure what's going on with my UPS tracking. All day it didn't update after I was given the tracking number, now I have 3 updates.

2:40 am - Order Processed
8:48 am - Agent pickup in East Alton, IL
9:52 pm - Origin scan, Earth City, MO

It took them all day to move it maybe 30 miles across the Mississippi? At this rate it won't be here til Christmas!
whiteman
I've seen no updates then I wake up in the morning and says out for delivery
JBAggie00
What is the Killer Instinct game? It is showing up as free in the store.
Madmarttigan
AG
JR, I would perhaps be interested in insanity, but keeping steady is difficult lol.
Madmarttigan
AG
So I have called sam's club 3 times to try and cancel my order. They then send me an email to tell me it has shipped now. I can't find where it has charged my bank account but my invoice in the email says it was $600 with express shipping. When I look at the order on my account it says $0 dollars. I'm not sure what is going on or if they sent me a free xbox because of their stupidity.

I have been trying to deal with their stupidity for weeks because I got an in person preorder at gamestop without having to pay for shipping.

If they charge me for shipping or if I don't get a full refund I'm going to be extremely angry... I'm sure there is a charge coming somewhere and I didn't magically get it for free lol.

LeftyHound
AG
it, it, it's so beautiful
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Anyone got their One yet? I'm like everyone else. Mine is sitting at DFW Airport which is a good 10 minutes from my house.
buildingchampions
AG
Downloading Day One update now
LeftyHound
AG
Downloading BF4! This thing is seriously impressive. You could spend all day just playing outside of the game.

The Kinect camera is a ridiculous improvement.
wee_ag
AG
You guys that already have them, did you score Day Ones or the normal ones?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.