**** Official Xbox One Launch Thread ****

87,500 Views | 1057 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mjpfeffer98
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
i'm confused, i just bought an Xbox one on sunday, and already the feature listed below, b/c i specified which friends could see my real name, and how i wanted my name to be dislayed to them.

Well, every XB1 gets a day 1 update when you take it out of the box... it gets it up to current standards. They might have rolled out the June update into that system first, before they rolled it out to existing users.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
i'm confused, i just bought an Xbox one on sunday, and already the feature listed below, b/c i specified which friends could see my real name, and how i wanted my name to be dislayed to them.

Well, every XB1 gets a day 1 update when you take it out of the box... it gets it up to current standards. They might have rolled out the June update into that system first, before they rolled it out to existing users.

Makes sense, thanks
OldArmy07
AG
Texas_Aggie - the system update that rolled out today, which it looks like you already have, is ~230mb.

Also, even disk based games this gen have had gigantic updates. BF4 regularly downloads 1-1.5gb in one of it's updates. Xbox servers are pretty fast, so it hasn't taken long, but I also have wired internet and not a 4g antenna.
k20dub
AG
I like that they're coming out with a lot of new apps. Still waiting on a Spotify app though. That would be sick. I believe there was previous talk about it.
jeffk
AG
DLed the two freebies today, but am saving them for my trip next week. Still working my way through Watchdogs and will probably trade it in before the end of the month when I preorder Destiny.
AgFB
AG
Love the new cable tv controller on the xbox one app. No need for the directv app now
MGS
quote:
Free 3 months of Hulu Plus for Gold members.

The Xbone is the perfect platform for Hulu. You can switch over and play a couple of games during the commercials.
Kampfers
AG
Just ran the nurburgring. Epic. Almost spun out a few times on some of the small turns because I was driving my Enzo which is notoriously finnicky. Awesome track though. Watching the whole car start shaking when I got up near 210 was pretty epic too.
jeffk
AG
11-11-14 Master Chief Halo box set

Can't freakin wait.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
Throwing a Hail Mary, but has anybodt tried to play NBA 2k14 'Team-Up' Mode and drop games due to 'connection'? The 2K servers seem to be a joke as none of my other games have this issue.

Plus, this thread needed to jump back up.

2k's servers & multiplayer connection issues have been a joke for several years.
Kampfers
AG
Anyone want to party up for some titanfall, FIFA, or watchdogs tonight?

I'll be on immediately after the world cup, or perhaps 30 minutes later if I walk to get more beer
jr15aggie
AG
My wife isn't feeling well so I might be on if she goes to bed early. Haven't played titanfall in a couple weeks so I may favor that. We'll see how I feel later.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
My kinect must be too close to my speakers... Just had my Xbox 'Snap TV' after the new Xbox One Advertisement where he literally says "Xbox snap TV."
Stupid.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by Mbole11 (edited 6/16/2014 8:34a).]
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
My kinect must be too close to my speakers... Just had my Xbox 'Snap TV' after the new Xbox One Advertisement where he literally says "Xbox snap TV."
Stupid.

It's that the commercial with Jesse from breaking bad?
Seven Psycho Ags
"Yeah, *****, voice control!"
AgFB
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by Agfb (edited 6/14/2014 3:17a).]
AgFB
AG
Voice control - added to xbox just to pizz off the wife and allow me to laugh as I hear her yelling at the tv from another room
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
My wife isn't feeling well so I might be on if she goes to bed early. Haven't played titanfall in a couple weeks so I may favor that. We'll see how I feel later.

Yeah, that didn't work out. She instead plopped on the couch to veg in front of the TV. And when she went to bed at 1030 it was clear to me she wanted a sleeping partner in bed. She didn't say anything, but after 12 years of marriage I just know. Never enough game time.
jr15aggie
AG
Reminder if you haven't got the free games yet (max and Halo spartan assault). Haven't played Halo yet, but Max is a really great game. Very laid back and some good puzzles that make you think, but aren't too hard. It's a good looking game too and is just relaxing to play. Good for when you just want to play a few minutes instead of firing up a game that takes more time/effort like watchdogs.
AgFB
AG
Why does the DVR button on the remote control feature not show up?
slickag2007
AG
Just got an xbox one. Traded in practically everything I have in order to get it. Also got COD: Ghosts, and Watch Dogs. The Halo: Spartan Assault game is pretty shallow if you ask me. My live name is Slickg2007 if anyone wants to add me.
m-walker
AG
Anyone want to play FIFA right now? Bought t at launch and think I've played it 2-3 times.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Anyone want to play FIFA right now? Bought t at launch and think I've played it 2-3 times.

Sure. Are we friends on xbl? Send me a party request
m-walker
AG
Wiredranger
Kampfers
AG
Is tomb raider worth 35.99?

Current deal with gold. I'd like to play it but idk if I want to wait for the price to drop lower before buying it or not. Can't imagine it would have much replay value. I never played it on the 360.
jr15aggie
AG
I played it on 360 and thought it was really good. I redboxed it (the wife/kids were gone) and did a speed run so I could beat it in 2 days. I was glad I got to play it, but wished I didn't have to speed run it cause it was a cool game.

$35 is a good price, cheaper than most used copies I think. If you are looking for something new to play I'd say it's worth it. It was good looking on 360, so I bet it's a lot like AC IV in that it will have some really nice looking next gen upgrades.
OldArmy07
AG
It's worth 35. Fun game. Takes a while to beat
TexasAggie_02
AG
Got tomb raider Friday, and have been playing all weekend, and am only 28% through. I've enjoyed it so far
Saxsoon
AG
Bought it brand new on PS4 and definitely got my value on it and that was for $60.
Ranger222
AG
Microsoft offering $75 credit to people who switch over from the 360?

Maybe my waiting paid off

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/8/5880095/report-microsoft-is-giving-away-75-to-gamers-who-upgrade-to-xbox-one
jr15aggie
AG
MS falling a bit behind Sony early means good things for XB1 owners & future owners it appears. They are fighting back with these kinds of deals and Games with Gold has gotten MUCH better.

And lets not forget the Master Chief collection too! I have a feeling MS was more than ready to sell each one of these games individually on XB1 with the full Bundle being close to $100... but considering how things have gone, a $60 SUPER BUNDLE of Halo games is what we get instead. Awesome!
jr15aggie
AG
http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/xbox-one-july-update-preview

Looks like the new update is starting to roll out, so we should all have it in any day now. See above for details.

Snapping achievements is the biggest new addition and I gotta say that's pretty sweet. The fact that you can quickly see how close you are is really nice. In the video they demo Dead Rising 3 and that was a good choice... there are lots of "Kill 100's number of Zombies with X weapon" achievements in that game.... this new feature is perfect for seeing how much more you have to go while you destroy the undead.

I also like the option to "get achievement help" and it will instantly take you to the web search (usually resulting in youtube clips) on how to do it. I rarely use the web to help with beating bosses, but I have no problem if the web can help me get some extra achievement points. Still not 100% sure why I care about achievements, but I do!
TexasAggie_02
AG
July system update is live, you can now snap achievements to the side bar
Seven Psycho Ags
Oh thank god, viewing achievements was so damn annoying this gen. I'm glad they fixed it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.