**** Official Xbox One Launch Thread ****

87,504 Views | 1057 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mjpfeffer98
Kampfers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DX12 revealed today, the xb1 was built with compatibility in mind and should see major improvements in certain areas as a result. Which is cool. What sucks is that we won't see games built on it until the 2015 holiday season.
jr15aggie
AG
It's too bad we don't have an "Official Xbox Thread" where we can simply talk about Xbox stuff, even hate on the PS4 if we want to, w/out having to justify ourselves because we happen to like it more than what those filthy Japs are trying to sell to us. If only such a thread existed.
Madmarttigan
AG
Well seeing as the ps community has always sucked in comparison to the xbox online atmosphere, their thread lacks discussion and they are forced(as always) to come troll us.

Hardware argument is moot IMO unless you have people to play with. If you prefer to sit in a dark room by yourself fulfilling your single player dreams on final fantasy, more power to you.

I believe when it comes to multiplayer games XBOX will always win and PS is the best for those who prefer the single player games. Two different categories of players and they naturally will have different preferences. I haven't played through a single player game in years so the PS4 just isn't for me when that is the only real advantage it might have content wise.
easttexasaggie04
AG
The only thing kinda halfway tempting about the PS4 was being able to play the PSVita with PS4 games while the wife watches her shows. Somehow it can stream the games. Of course you'd have to also buy a Vita.
Kampfers
AG
The only thing that is tempting about ps4 is mlb the show
k20dub
AG
quote:
Tomdoss92
AG
the show is the one thing testing my willpower
sellis2003
AG
quote:
wee_ag
AG
Anyone having Kinect issues after the preview update? When I tell my Xbox to 'Turn Off' I get the regular Yes/No screen, but it doesn't recognize when I say 'Yes' or 'No'. Never had issues before.
AgFB
AG
quote:
Anyone having Kinect issues after the preview update? When I tell my Xbox to 'Turn Off' I get the regular Yes/No screen, but it doesn't recognize when I say 'Yes' or 'No'. Never had issues before.
have you tried saying it pants less? Seems to work best for me
wee_ag
AG
Don't want to overload the sensor... I know it's advanced, but visual and auditory overstimulation may cause that thing to catch fire.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

I've had this after a previous update. Do a hard shutdown of the Xbox and then unplug it for half a minute. Plug back in and it should fix your problem.
wee_ag
AG
^^^ Tried that just before you posted. It worked. Seems to be the cure-all
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:

This is what I'll miss the most from moving from the PS3
jeffk
AG
Big update today. Not sure what it's changing yet.

edit - looks like a preview for the April update. Never got a message, just a prompt for a download. About 1.6 Gb.

[This message has been edited by jeffk (edited 3/23/2014 2:20p).]
OldArmy07
AG
All of you folks in the beta update are keeping us from partying up together!!!!
Kampfers
AG
I have been partying up lately despite being on the beta. Hasn't been an issue this go round, I guess because they haven't messed with the party system.

the update you just got was primarily a building block update, you won't notice any changes from the last beta dash. The only difference other than some behind the scenes coding is that it enables silent updates (your console will update and return to instant-on state without you having to prompt it).
Average Joe
AG
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but is anyone else having disc reading issues? Never had then into the update about a week ago. If the game is in, no problems. If you switch games then there is as problem until you turn the system off then on.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but is anyone else having disc reading issues? Never had then into the update about a week ago. If the game is in, no problems. If you switch games then there is as problem until you turn the system off then on.

it is a known issue on the current beta dash. Read the update notes.
k20dub
AG
I'm having an issue where when I turn my xbox on then it turns my TV and Cable receiver on but it's just a black screen. As soon as I turn the TV off and back on again then it's fixed. Anyone know how to fix this?
Madmarttigan
AG
I would be interested in this as well. Also, why won't my xbox turn my tv off. My god given right to not have to press an extra button! I redid the setup and every control worked that it tested.
irock2513
AG
Can anyone in the beta send an invite my way? GT: im zach morris
LastHamlet
AG
Does anyone have an issue with the tv freezing up running through Xbox? It freezes up when u try to rewind live and recorded tv. I have Direct Tv if that helps?
Jason_Ag98
AG
Thief and Tomb Raider both 50% off:

http://majornelson.com/2014/03/25/this-weeks-xbox-live-store-deals-11/

Is either one worth it?
jr15aggie
AG
Tomb Raider is a really good game. I redboxed it for 360 one weekend when my wife was gone and beat it. I was playing really fast and missed a lot. I would say it's definitely worth checking out on the XB1. I even consideres taking advantage of the sale for the better visuals and a chance to take my time with it. It's one of the better games I played last year.

[This message has been edited by jr15aggie (edited 3/25/2014 11:02p).]
wee_ag
AG
How's in-game chat work? If I'm not in a party and want chat with other players, how do I activate it? Is it automatic and i just need to plug in my headset and talk? I never hear anyone else when I play solo.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
On Xbox One, there are currently categories of player reputation score – "Green = Good Player," being the large majority of our users, "Yellow = Needs Work" and "Red = Avoid Me." By looking at someone’s Gamercard you’re able to quickly see their reputation. The more hours you play fairly online without being reported as abusive by other players, the better your reputation will be. The algorithm looks to identify players that are repeatedly disruptive across the community on Xbox Live. The vast majority of players do not regularly receive feedback from other players and, thus, will stay at the “Good Player” reputation level.

Here’s what the reputation levels mean for you:

“Good Players” – The majority of gamers will fall into this level. As we’ve said before, we have plans to introduce rewards for good behavior and look forward to sharing more in the future!
Warnings for “Needs Work” – Beginning this month, some players will start receiving reputation warnings as their reputations drop due to feedback from the community. The purpose of these communications is to remind players about their effect on the community and encourage them to have more positive interactions. These warnings are based on community feedback collected since Xbox One launched.
Penalties for “Avoid Me” – If players do not heed warnings and continue to have a negative impact on other players and the Xbox Live community, they will begin to experience penalties. For example, people with an “Avoid Me” rating will have reduced matchmaking pairings and may be unable to use certain privileges such as Twitch broadcasting.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/xbox-one-leveling-up-reputation

interesting.
texsn95
AG
Well I finally broke down and got one, saw the XB1-Titanfall bundle down to $450 at Best Buy, $10 off an extra controller, and paid a guy at work $450 for a $500 BB gift card. Finishing up Far Cry 3 then it'll be hooked up.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
How's in-game chat work? If I'm not in a party and want chat with other players, how do I activate it? Is it automatic and i just need to plug in my headset and talk? I never hear anyone else when I play solo.

It's just like before but most people either party up or go silent I think. What they need is an indicator if people are in a party. They use to have icons in halo that showed people that had a mic hooked up, people with no mic, and people in party chat... All of this visible in the game lobby.
k20dub
AG
@Xbox: #Halo: Spartan Assault [T] just got more affordable.
Own it for just $9.99 on #XboxOne or #Xbox360: http://t.co/w3q2UDW1ws
OldArmy07
AG
The digital version of Tomb Raider Definitive edition is 29.99 this weekend. I used my $10 credit from Titanfall and picked it up. It's a REALLY fun game, and definitely worth the 30 bucks.
jr15aggie
AG
I am VERY encouraged at how competitive digital pricing has gotten in recent months. We are seeing newer games get discounts much sooner. If I didn't have an XB1, I would have gotten a handful of discounted games for the 360... there's been several really good last gen games heavily discounted lately.

The developers problem with used games becomes very simple if they stick with this formula.
jr15aggie
AG
Do y'all think the XB1 is really all that big and bulky? I don't think it is. I've got 4 units in my entertainment center and the XB1 looks slick and sleek. My Denon receiver and Sony 300 disk DVD player are much larger. My Tivo is skinnier but also wider. I've never once thought of the XB1 as big... yet I still hear it referred to as the beast sometimes.

The only thing that seems overly large is the Kinect. But the console itself looks awesome to me.
Kampfers
AG
My cable box is relatively the same size. It actually creates a fairly symmetrical experience as a result. It's not the slimmest thing I've ever seen but its not like form factor is really a huge deal either.
jeffk
AG
Looks fine to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.