**** Official Xbox One Launch Thread ****

87,505 Views | 1057 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mjpfeffer98
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else having issues with Netflix since the update?
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Anyone else having issues with Netflix since the update?

No, but what I have experienced is that every few times I boot up from standby, the screen jumps to grey static every 15 or so seconds. Solved by a hard reboot, but annoying nonetheless.
LastHamlet
AG
I have issues loading saved games. Well just NBA 2k14. Sometimes when I start the system and try to load a saved game it just stays on the menu and never loads. Once I do a hard reset then it works.
Kampfers
AG
Has anyone enabled deep color on their XB1? Any noticeable quality improvements?
Aggietaco
AG
Huh?
jeffk
AG
Nice that you can choose to not allow notifications during video playback now.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Huh?

36 bit rather than 24 bit
m-walker
AG
From HardcoreGamer...

The 30 and 36 bits per pixel settings are used for TVs that support “Deep Color.” Most modern HDTVs support this. While 36 bits per pixel is technically the “best option,” there is currently no gaming or movie content that is more than 24 bits per pixel. This means that setting it to this option will have no effect on anything you play on Xbox One.
wee_ag
AG
MOAR BITS
Kampfers
AG
First world problems: Finally tuned my car to be competitive online, and I'm doing great! (fastest lap time only second or two off the lead, which I could close if I learn to manual) - but it has the most annoying whistle. Makes my damn ears bleed.

Oh, and keester, you have the worst damn internet. Every 10 minutes I'm getting a login notification from you
jeffk
AG
Haha. Yesterday?

My son may have been playing "push the Xbox button to see the magic box light up" again.
Aggietaco
AG
Yes.

It was almost annoying enough for me to figure out how to disable notifications during video.

"That Keester11 guy needs to make up his mind."
-Mrs. Aggietaco
jeffk
AG
That's awesome.

I was at work all day yesterday, so I'll pass the word on to my wife. He knows he's not supposed to mess with anything on the entertainment center, but he's one and likes to push buttons.

I'll disable the auto sign-on too once I get home.
jagouar1
AG
http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-ea-access-on-xbox-one

Don't know what to think about this... seems most gamers are excited for it but to me this is a bad thing because it sets a precedent that every game publisher will have their own service and you can be sure they will lock every beta and demo behind this pay wall going forward.
Kampfers
AG
It's a terrible precedent, sure. But I'll still probably get it. Between the discount on purchases, the access to older titles, and the early access to games, it seems worth it for me.
Ranger222
AG
Also unsure about the EA deal. On the surface it looks great, but you have to buy numerous EA releases in a given year for the 10% off to cover the cost of subscription. I also don't know how often I would play year-old titles like Madden and FIFA. I'm sure Madden '15 (this year's release) will appear this time next year, same for FIFA. It seems like you get a lot without getting anything.
jagouar1
AG
It could be a very good deal if you can rationalize always being a year behind, sorta like how last season's tv shows come to netflix.

You could theoretically replace a few hundred dollars worth of game purchases with a $30 subscription.

My big worry though is ubi, mgs and some of the other larger publishers start their own service and then the subscription becomes less useful. One of the things netflix does right is being one fee that covers most things.
Kampfers
AG
I will buy FIFA every year. Most likely NHL as well. That means that I will save 12 dollars each year.

So even if I didn't buy another EA title, I would still only be paying 18 bucks for the service.

Now consider what I'm getting. I wouldn't buy madden, haven't bought it in ages. But id play it if I had this access. I'll bet UFC is added sooner or later, ill play that. Dragon Age is not something that makes me think "gotta have it", so I can wait for it to get added to the vault.

Plus, ill get early access to my favorite titles.

Sounds like a win.

And that's not even considering the vast armada of IP EA owns. I buy battlefield? 6 bucks more off. Mass effect, star wars battlefront, etc etc etc.

All in all, worth the price.

Certainly agree about the standard it sets, but the good news is that it appears to not really affect the other console. Sure, they don't have access to this service, but they still will get all the games and content, and in the end, that is what matters.
jeffk
AG
I'm guessing all those discounts are for digital copies only though, right?

I buy almost all my post-release games on eBay and then resell them after I finish them.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, it does seem both good and bad. All publishers will follow suite if this goes favorably for EA. The good news is that they will all be competing to make their service look better than the other guy.

Right now I have zero interest, but a year from now their backlog of games could make this very worthwhile. A great way to make money off old games that are only making money for used game distributors. Most games make relatively no money for publishers after 6 months or so and this can definitely change that. Now, even a game that doesn't live up to expectations can still be a big boost to a digital service library.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I'm guessing all those discounts are for digital copies only though, right?

I buy almost all my post-release games on eBay and then resell them after I finish them.

Correct. But this goes back to what I said when the XB1 was gonna treat all games as digital, even disc based games... I'm fine with this sort of thing, just make it worth it for the consumers. Publishers want to cut out the used game market... This is a good way to go about it. Give me reasonable prices or a low cost subscription service for digital games and I'll think twice before getting a used game from Gamestop. And like I said above, if the publishers start competing this way (like we are seeing with games with gold vs PS+) I think everybody can win.
jeffk
AG
Just got a preview code.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
As a member of the Xbox One Preview, you are getting a first look at EA Access. You'll receive an Xbox Live message on your console with a code to download the EA Access Hub app, and there'll be some quests and surveys available in the Xbox Preview Dashboard app

Sweeeeet
Kampfers
AG
Totally forgot PvZ was an EA title. Hopefully that will go into the vault soon. Supposed to be a fun game.

Downloading madden and peggle 2 now.
Tomdoss92
AG
well ea trotted this out with the ea sports season pass a while back. three day early access for all sports titles every year (madden, tiger woods golf, NHL, college football and maybe boxing games?) and 10% off dlc for $25/year.

this is about the same deal... discounts the actual game potentially but they no longer make tiger or college football and nobody ever gave a crap about NHL/end bias.
TexAgBolter
AG
In. Downloading Madden, FIFA, and BF4 now.
jeffk
AG
I'm going to hold off until there's a bit more in the vault. No real desire to play any of the four games they have there at the moment.
OldArmy07
AG
Any of y'all have preview program invites to hand out still?

Not particularly interested in EA Access yet, but would like to try out some of the other new things ahead of time. PMs welcome.
jeffk
AG
Have you signed up for the dashboard update betas? That's how I got mine.
OldArmy07
AG
That's what I was asking for, actually.

An invite to the dashboard update preview program.
jeffk
AG
They didn't really give us invites to share back in March. You signed up on their website and they chose from that list and you were in (if I remember correctly).
Kampfers
AG
Old army what is your GT
OldArmy07
AG
ScottAPerk
jeffk
AG
Is there a way to invite others, Kampfers?
wee_ag
AG
You can invite others by going to your Preview Xbox Dashboard app and selecting 'Invite Friends' - there's also 'Quests' they want you to do to test out features in the update.

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 7/30/2014 1:18p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.