What Bonfire did you build?

114,823 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TXAGBQ76
scottimus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2005-2008 off campus

ANDREW MOSES HALL

RAB
2001AggieDJ
AG
Schuhmacher Hall, The Biggest, The Baddest...

HHH FYW

Bonfire '97

dragoonranch
'94 (REBUILD, the best two weeks of my life!!!), '95, '96 (was buttpot of Sq. 5 but had to hand it off because of grades), '98 and '99 (spent nearly every night that year out there tryin to keep the kids motivated and leaving stack about midnight to get up at 4 and drive to H-town for work every day).

wtr1975
AG
Red Eye One '75
'71 -- '74
ski-man
AG
1987 D-G Damn Good!

Let's go ski-man!
C1
Built '87, '88, '89, '90
Aston Hall Crew Chief '88.
texagdoc
AG
Crocker Hall '91...had to go elsewhere the next year because of grades!!!!

[This message has been edited by texagdoc (edited 6/18/2008 9:44p).]
chunks
What yours were too good for the rest of em?
flaggie
1965-'68...
In '67 we topped 90' high by 90' diameter, with over 3K logs! The center pole fell well after midnight! Final score 10-7, leading to a win over 'Bama and the Bear in Cotton Bowl.

One Southwest Conference band director of the (Adams) era reportedly said "I dread going against the Aggie Band...It takes two weeks to recover from the trauma."

Essayons,

Flaggie
FTAB '69
tx4guns
AG
'93 Lechner Hall - made every cut but 2 and both double cuts. Loaded every time. Headlight load was one of my fondest memories from college. Got strep from the water cans, but oh well. We got Perimeter Pole. Kept the Pooyahs from taking it. Fondest memory of that day was Cindy Ericson scooting up the greased pole to the top (still a Nerd at that time). WOW! Didn't stack that year due to tests. Some of my buddies should have followed suit b/c they weren't there 2nd semester.

'94 - moved to Cain Hall. Didn't cut but I participated in pi$$head wrap (OUCH), and jumped on the swings during REBUILD THE HELL, and dubbed myself "12th Man Cain Hall Crew Chief" b/c me and a bunch of old Nerds convinced some of the football players to join us at stack, and they swamped some BIG logs for a couple hours. Great memories.
PatriotAg02
AG
1999 (although I planned on '00, '01, '02)
OCA HOGS

had a blast and obtained friends/memories that will last a lifetime (good and bad)

[This message has been edited by Stump02 (edited 8/12/2008 4:26a).]
Fitch
AG
Off Campus 2006, HHH Chief 2007, just gonna be a red ass dead in 08

both years it stood after midnight, and if memory serves my class has a perfect record against t.u.

HHH FYW
Jock 97

E-1 Jock Centerpole wrap, 1993
Jock 97

aggiegonzo01
watched 97 and 98 burn help build 99
aggieband 83
AG
'79-'83. I will never forget the smell of fresh cut wood being put on stack. That smell was all over the quad. I miss that!
smcgregor
87-88 With Aston--A O Aston. C1NRB. Everybody else, Eff Off!
89-92 OCA
Was A-Pot '88 until I got kicked out of the dorm for prankin' the RA
Cut didn't suck...dropped a tree right on top of a Dunn pot as a fish.
FiBI 11
redass HHH 07, HHH Crew Chief 08

Plan on HHH for the next two years.

FiBI '11
Schuhmacher Bonfire Crew Chief '08
peddler
AG
83-87
Davis Gary 84 and 85
Loaded trucks
Red Ass

DG was the animal house on north side, kicked out all the guys after spring of 87.

We could bring out over 100 guys to load trucks on a regular basis.

LWInk2
http://docarc.cstx.gov/browse.aspx?dbid=1&startid=26691

I've posted this link before. It's the only book I have ever seen like it. It was given to me by one of the Squadron 8 Animals in the Fall of '67, my freshman year. Women on campus certainly were not allowed to work on the Bonfire. Goodness, we had to wear hose, skirts and high heels to class! But we were allowed to sell coffee, doughnuts, Swisher Sweets and a few other things in the little snack trailers at the stack. That was my contribution to the Bonfire. It was an eye opening experience for "sweet young thang" in 1967. ;-)
DoctorSnoball
AG

I was able to take this picture last weekend, damn proud.

Lechner... a tradition of overachieving since 1988.
BIG BOBBY
Crocker Bonfire 98-99
LWInk2
If any of you would like to contribute your stories or photos to the College Station history website (http://hold.cstx.gov), please email me with your contributions and I will post them.

Photos should be 300dpi, at least.

aboykin@cstx.gov
Woodruff
Aston Hall
1994 Build
Bird93
AG
COKEMAN, I get it. How the hell are you?
COKEMAN
AG
Old, tired, and grumpy. So pretty much the same as always :P
OlArmy_97
'93, '94(built 2 bonfires...WHOOP!), '95, '96, '97

My outfit was an "Unload" outfit.

Did first cut every year and then Unload at the Polo Fields every weekend. Worked as many nights of Push as I could. My grades typically slipped in the fall because of this but who gives a ****! BTHOB!

'95 ButtPot

[This message has been edited by FoxtrotDeuce97 (edited 7/30/2010 9:10a).]
opstx
AG

Cut all four years.

If there were ANY days which were not cold, rainy, muddy, miserable I don't remember them.

Some of the best times of my life!
Animal72
AG
'68, '69, 70, 71. Outfit always in cutting area, except for one late night excursion in cold and rain to work the stacks my P*Head year. Came back in Fall '72 with former Yell Leader and we talked our way onto the stacks. First time I had ever been up on the stack. It was awesome, and a day I will never forget!
Lee72
AG
68, 69, 70 and then 76 and 77 bonfires. Worked with Ambulance Crew and Safety (White Pots). In the upper right photo of the right middle page of the Battalion, "Chainsaw Man" is just moments from being carried to Bryan or St Jo's Hospital to have his Senior Ring cut off due to intense swelling of his fingers from hours and hours of steady chainsaw usage. Worst accident we took care of was out at the Texas World Speedway cutting area when an Ag tried to help a log along that was stuck on a small sapling stump by kicking it. Just as he kicked, the log hopped the stump and came down and across his leg as the tractor pulled it the entire length of the log before stopping...what a mess! Had a couple of bad axe cuts...lucky for one AG that he was wearing his combat boots and they were tight enough to keep the gash closed and not bleeding too badly! Enjoy these old copies of the Batt:

This is a piece of wood that I sawed off from one of the cut-off ends of a log from the world's tallest bonfire! Glad I preserved it; it may be one of the only pieces of a bonfire still in existence today (I made several for friends):

sk03
Never saw one burn other than on the news in 98.
Went to all but one cut and every unload and stack we could get away with with K-2 as a fish in 99. We earned a perimeter pole that year but couldn't enjoy it very long due to less than stellar grades.
Helped load once when Walton wasn't supposed to be there, it wasn't that bad.
Stack fell on us my second night in a swing, haven't been to a bonfire related event since. I'd give anything to be able to see one built on campus again, perhaps then you could get a "HOWDY!" out of someone while walking campus.
Kurk Homes
D-1 fish in 1998, drove tractors at cut in 1999.

R.I.P. Jeremy Frampton D-1 '99

Rollie2002
AG
Crocker Fish in '98
Crocker Yellow Pot in '99
flingitinyoface

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 10/24/2011 9:13p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.