What Bonfire did you build?

114,830 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TXAGBQ76
bstubb03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1999 with spiDer D
Rebbasser
AG
79-82

Rough Rider L-2

Went to the cutting site once when I was a pisshead. Along with F-2 we unloaded the trucks when they came in and lined up the logs on the Bonfire field.

Started wiring as a pisshead.
Skrotez
What year: 06, 07
With who: Me and my fish buddies helped reform the Lekner crew with some help from upperclassmen.

Although cut is fun, the best part of bonfire is definitely stack.
NYAG95
AG
1991-1996, with a few guest appearances at cut thereafter. Moses RAB, Head Crew Chief 1993
matthopp
AG
98- Aston
99- Appelt

good to see you on here Aston folks!
TejasMusic
07, still waiting to watch it burn!
jonesy98
AG
'94 (both of 'em) with Co. G-2
'95 through '98 with Co. G-2 and then K-2 (G-2 was disbanded for grades--too much Bonfire!)

G-2 & K-2 '98
P.H. Dexippus
AG
'01 renegade SUP...more of a design test
'02 threw a torch on with SUP, Appelt YP (if there could be such a thing with a dorm turnout of 2)
'03 UP media relations

Watched the yell out of ‘em since. Have the fur trappers started making their presence known at cut/stack?
skwrl
This has been my first Bonfire to help build and watch burn. WHOOP!

Cutting with Legett (eight girls strong this year: five juniors, one sophmore, two fish), under Hart. The roommate and I started talking about it last year, and after intercepting Hart's daily "HOWDY!" as they pass Legett, we got invited to dinner, and then invited to Bonfire. The roommate door knocked on every floor, got the other six girls interested, and there we go.

[This message has been edited by skwrl (edited 11/19/2007 10:26p).]
HalifaxAg
AG
Lechner Hall 93 & 94 (twice)

Cut, Chainsaw parties, Swamped 3-4 nights/week, Stacked....sigh...all I get to do now is cut down stuff in my backyard.

ol_army_fight
AG
'83, '84, '85, '88, '89, '90

was on the university value plan!!

OAF '91
Scooley01
AG
'07 with Walton.

What's "cut"? Is that what those big groups of people standing around watching one guy work were doing? I dunno, we were too busy LOADING to really notice all the water breaks going on.
COKEMAN
AG

Scott Coker '92
DoctorSnoball
AG
very proud of the shift clock pic, are we? Seems like we've seen that before.

Or was that you clocking out for the last time?... that would be very sad indeed.
COKEMAN
AG
More of an inside joke. There are ones here who get it.

Scott Coker '92
Aggie Jurist
AG
'87, '88, '89.

I was off campus, so went with friends from various dorms.
Frankenstein
AG
1989 to 1993

just a workerbee

load was real work. I couldn't imagine anything being worse than cut.... till I loaded.
zagman
AG
1965, 1966, 1967

Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
Yellow97
AG
FHK'Plex Bonfire 96, 97, 98, 99

Yellow Pot 97

BTHOB!
BBYD09
AG
Hart Bonfire 05-?
saber69
AG
1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970
Charlie Wallace
AG
1958 "A" Troop Jocks ("A" Armor)
1959 Saber C-1

Charlie Wallace '62
A1_Ag_95
AG
91,92,93,94,95,96!
oldarmyruss
AG
98-99
Crocker Crew Chief
chunks
what line russ?
ssolari94
AG
MikeHoncho
93 and 94
Kajones97
Jonesy--you might know a few of my friends from G-2, Clint Gayle (my wife's cousin), Eric Hyche and Dusty Boyd (friends from same hometown)
WP69
AG
1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969 with Squadron 5. We cut, swamped and loaded trucks and did some unloading shifts. Last bonfire was as a 5th year civilian and I went out some with the old outfit, just enough to say I did it.
MD 72
I worked cut for Walton Hall 1969, 1970, 1971, and 1972. I was in charge of stack security 1971 and 1972.
84HartAg
AG
Hart Hall
Yellow Pot my Soph. year
Declined another pot b/c I had to buckle down on school. Grades were not good 1st 2 years.
Hart had not been able to get enough people to cut site in several years to haul out log worthy of being a dorm log. Our dorm picture was taken while cut was still going on, on the steps of Rudder across from Hart. The few that went to cut every week already had a dorm log down and ready to go. After the dorm pic was made I challenged the group, told them how long it had been since Hart had a dress log on the stack. Told them I needed around 30 guys. We got enough to do it that afternoon. I was proud of that. My Yellow Pot Dad came in for bonfire and asked me "how in the hell did you get that done?" He was in shock, but he was as proud of that as I was.
Brokefish
AG
04- Hart Fish Pot
05- Hart Mexican Pot
06- limited due to work but I still got my swings in on Dorm log and I helped stack
07- Walked around being dead... nuff said

Hey 84HartAg, can you send an email to me at Aggie85@sbcglobal.net? I always like talkin to the guys that were before my time.

[This message has been edited by Brokefish (edited 1/21/2008 1:17a).]
vmill63
Wow, I guess I qualify for Ole Army. Worked on '59, '60, '61, and '62.
No chain saws. Was a Sergebutt privilege to swing an ax. It was an experience that pulled everyone together because in the forest, it was a battle for survival. Those logs were heavy and it was dangerous work. Not only the work, but there were copperheads and rattlesnakes; plus the black widow spiders and scorpions. And always the rain and mud plus the cold wet weather.
However, I miss the bonfire and had planned to get back to see another one. I was ready to see the '64 one but, the JFK incident precluded it.
The fall of the bonfire and the death and injury to my fellow Ags was devestating, like a kick in my gut. I griefed for those who were lost and injured; but, I also grieved for myself and the rest of the Aggie nation for I knew that it was the end of an age.
emkat
AG
85,86 - DG, best damn dorm on campus. I bet I knew you, Crash. Provided Frat paddle stolen from t.u. frat house for the outhouse.

87,88 - off campus
buzzardb267
AG
built it in 63, but didn't get to burn it. also 64, 65, 66 and 67(as non-reg). Yeah, I crammed 4 years into 5!

Forgot...as Buzzard B-2 and as Gladiator G-2.

[This message has been edited by buzzardb267 (edited 2/3/2008 7:07p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.