What Bonfire did you build?

113,468 Views | 407 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by CobraCP88
LOAD 2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
former students:

what year(s) were you out there building bonfire?
who did you build it with?
were you a chief? pot? or just red ass?
and when did you realize that cut sucks and the real work was done at load?

current students:

what off campus bonfires did you help build?
how did you get involved?
LOAD 2002
AG
I built 98 and 99 with Walton (obviously)

and brought it back in 2002 with U.P.

what about you?
dutch_chicken
AG
what year(s) were you out there building bonfire?

91, 92, 93, 94, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 Although the last 5 were just a weekend or two and MAYBE one night at stack.

who did you build it with?

Walton. Was anyone else out there?

were you a chief? pot? or just red ass?

Crew Chief '92

and when did you realize that cut sucks and the real work was done at load?

What's cut?

[This message has been edited by Kip95 (edited 5/27/2004 1:39p).]
TAMUGodot

went out of redassness. Worked with my roommate other random off campus folk, and whichever dorm need some extra meat. Loads great and all but killing trees is the best.
MosesHallRAB
'02 and '03... I am apart of the Cutting Machine known as Moses Hall. An undisputed more trees cut down by us than any other dorm or outfit. However I get a hard-on from stack.
CrockerCock00
AG
'96, '97, '02, '03
Built with Crocker every time.
Was never a chief, but due to my experience, was an active advisor for my chief's in '02 and '03 and will be there for them if needed in '04.

As far as cut... what the hell are you talking bout... best damn thing is getting out there and showing that tree who's boss... or sticking your handle way up her ****** (referring to an '03 log).

But that's okay, we'll let you walton boys load em, cause without Crocker to cut em for you, you wouldn't have anything to load.

Edit: Figued I'd update this post again since it's been a few years.
I've also Cut with Crocker '04-'10. In '11 cut with the Crocker crew that moved over to Dunn.

[This message has been edited by CrockerCock00 (edited 1/17/2012 1:25p).]
AAM02
AG
'98 C-1 Cobras - as a fish won centerpole - some of the best times of my life
'99 with C-1 as well
ABRAM 97
Yeah, I remember Moses hiding in the woods so they could be last out. Hilarious. They had some funny Chiefs in the mid 90s.

I cut for Aston and was sad to see Bonfire go. As an aside here - are the dorms getting back together for a specific bonfire to build? I thought I had read on other threads about it and that Southside was not really showing up pot-wise. That will need to change.
ABRAM 97
Hey Kip, how is your sis?
tokenag07
'03 Bonfire, and I cut with the hairiest, horniest, most humpiest dorm on campus. Dem Red Ass MFers from Hart.

How did I get invovled: Well, being from the 'hood with aspirations of going to A&M, people would always ask, "You going to do they Bonfire ****?" My answer would always be, "Hell no! That is some crazy white people ****. Ain't no black person going to go in the woods with crazy ass white people with axes, rope, and trees. Might hang me. Then with those people getting killed, I really don't want anything to do with it."

Well, The first day I moved into Hart, I sat in the lounge and and a skinny guy named Willy (AKA Skinny Willy) came up to me. We talked for a while and he started talking about Bonfire. I had thought that stuff was done for. Well, It wasn't, but my black ass wasn't going. Then he was like talk to this guy, Rex. I was like "Minorities don't do it, okay. You know that." His response: "Well, Not many do, but I'm a crew chief!" I said I would go to one cut. The rest is history
dutch_chicken
AG
She is doing well. Working for the American Cancer Society and acting in various shows around Houston.

How are you doing?
ABRAM 97
That's great. I am in Boston about to move to Dallas to finish my residency in internal med. Sucks ass up here - still in the 50s and it is almost June. What is up with that?!?! Anyway, how are you?
jobu93
AG
built from 89 to 95.

Always with Moore.

crew cheif in 90.

Load was a necessary evil. But my favorite all time bonfire moment was at load my fish year. My best friend and I got to do last log. Something about the car and truck lights shining in on the flatbeds and seeing the dust so thick in the air you could cut it just kicked ass. He and I later went on to be crew chiefs and many years later we were in each other's weddings as groomsmen. I consider him a true brother to this day.

[This message has been edited by jobu93 (edited 6/2/2004 9:39a).]
BlaineD
AG
Went to every cut and stack on the '96 Bonfire as a fish. After that one, I just watched 'em go up and drank beers when they burned. Good times.

rachag03
AG
Built '99

FHK

I was red ass, and a pot chaser my husband was a Chief.

Unfortunately, I was forced to run the water truck while the guys did Load. That sucked....
ord04
Helped in '03 a little. Brought my whole damn outfit and built the hell in '04 with red ass red eye one (I-1). Earned perimeter pole. Wasn{t butt pot but was CO at the time.

Cant wait to build the hell outta bonfire this year.

PerfectAg
'62, '63....the year we defeated #1 tu 13-8 but the refs added another 7 to the sip's total in the most ridiculous call (actually there were several) in history. Aggie Coach Hank Folberg, a West Point grad. called the the game "the greatest injustice ever to be placed on a fine group of young men"...The AGS!

All records should list the score as: A&M 13
tu 8
refs 7
It was also the week of JFK asassination.

BTHOutah!
commando2004
AG
quote:
Brought my whole damn outfit

Don't you mean that you brought a group of friends who just happened to be in your outfit?
commando2004
AG
'03, with Clements Hall.
OldArmy71
AG
'67, '68, '69, '70.
Hagen95
AG
91-92-93-94-94-95-96-97
Moses Hall
Crew Chief 94
We loaded, after we did the real work of cut.

Beer & Women, Our Desire
Party with the Best, Moses Empire
PJB C-1NRB
AG
Aston Hall 1998-2002

Bonfires 98, 99 and UP 03

A-O-ASTON
C-1NRB
Civilian 1 Non-Reg Bonfire
Were Aston Hall
Everybody Else
F*** Off!!!!

The Pride of the Southside since 1975.
Aston00
Aston Hall 96-99. Haven't made it back for any of the newer fires, but I believe a herd of old Aston folk are planning a trip or two this fall, if anyone will have us.

Luke
BTHOB4T12
quote:
How did I get invovled: Well, being from the 'hood with aspirations of going to A&M, people would always ask, "You going to do they Bonfire ****?" My answer would always be, "Hell no! That is some crazy white people ****. Ain't no black person going to go in the woods with crazy ass white people with axes, rope, and trees. Might hang me. Then with those people getting killed, I really don't want anything to do with it."

Token, you crack me up! I miss you and the other guys! Definately going to have to make my way back up to CS to work on UP Bonfire again this fall. I think my favorite story was when you walked into the gas station outside of Austin and asked the dude where an Austin city limits sign was so you could take a picture in front of it to show all your friends back at home. And the guy actually believed you and told you where to find one! That's so redass. (This is Becky, by the way.)

I attended Bonfire as a kid for as long as I can remember (I was probably like 2 years old the first time my parents took me.)

Then build Bonfire in '99 as a fish with the Spence/Dunn crew, was redass, and had the Spence Pot passed down to me.

Tried to bring back Bonfire with Pro-Traditions the following year and then participated in UP Bonfire last year (cutting with the Hart crew.)
FHKPLEX03
AG
Still a current student, just a redass I guess during '99. Rachag03 how've you been doing? I guess I haven't seen y'all since Sam and Kim's wedding. This is j-fish.
OldWalton91
built it '87-'91,

Built with Walton, Yellow in '88 and that is when we discovered the greatness of LOAD!
rachag03
AG
Hey you! We're doing good, how bout you? We'll actually be in Houston visiting them this weekend. Hope everything is going well for you!
AB2
AG
quote:
I guess I haven't seen y'all since Sam and Kim's wedding.

Sam and Kim got married?!?

Boy, you can tell who the black sheep of THAT group was. I had no clue that happened.

[This message has been edited by Bonfire03 (edited 6/12/2004 12:46a).]
AB2
AG
Oh yeah - built '99, stood around and watched a lot of people stack '03.
Aggie99
AG
95-99

"In war as in football, Joe Routt was a true leader of men, ever prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice."

Attending Texas Tech isn’t a choice, it’s a consequence.
Mooch98
AG
94(twice), 95, 96, 97
A-1
redass
you can't load if you don't cut
3rdgenerationag01
AG
I went out with Mosher in '98, '99 as an undergrad and then as a grad student with Unity Project in 2002 and with Student Bonfire in 2003. Still here so I'll be out there again for SB 2004....
Jeff Spicoli
I knew some people that went out to bonfire once in the later 90's. I didn't like putting in the time. I just liked to show up to see it burn.
aBouncedCzech
AG
Helped build 97, 98, 99 with Aston

abram, luke, good to see you on here.

HB

Wells Hall Bonfire-last in, first out
ord04
Roger that lecknerd. And you can bet even though i´m dead someone will be dragging said friends out of the rack at midnight to work stack until the early morning.

ORD'04
Never Say Die

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.