What Bonfire did you build?

114,815 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TXAGBQ76
Aggierin06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
03, 04, 05, extremely limited in 06
With Neeley
not a pot
got to know the girls through hall council
digging tunnels
AG
96, 97, 98, 99 with moses
02 moses renegade bonfire
Bonfire1996
AG
96 - YP Appelt

01 - Moses renegade bonfire somewhere around McKinney. Went with Dre - Moses YP 96 and Mikey - Dead Moses Crew
Deats99
AG
95-99
95 dunn
96-99 whoever would let my Drunk /\$$ in the woods.
Centerpole 98
94 (x2) 95,96,97
Centerpole Pot 96-97
TLA02
AG
Dsaiter,

So you knew Breen and Meadows huh?
PJB C-1NRB
AG
Former Student: RED-ASS Builder

Bonfires: ASTON 1998, 1999(RIP)

Student Bofires: 2003, 2004 (ASTON and OCA)

Who gives a **** about LOAD?

Thanks guys for keeping it going for future Aggies.

ASTON C-1NRB and REBELS TO THE END!!!!
Redass2oo2
brownpot '99. i watched it burn thrice times and then watched it fall.
gilmore2009
AG
05 and 06... yup, im a youngin'...
rscrash87
DG '83, '84, '85, & '86

We Load Trucks!
aggieband 83
AG
'80, '81, '82, '83 worked on site moving logs to stack.
red64fairlane
AG
'05 '06

Mcinnis Hall

First Student Bonfire McInnis Chief '06

Got involved thanks to Crocker Hall Chiefs in '05
will1324
AG
Ive been going to bonfires for pretty much all my life.. my aunt used to live in the pink house across the street from where burn was.. still have some pretty good memories, even though i was kinda young.. getting back to the question at hand...

'06- Dunn
waiting for '07- Dunn YP

[This message has been edited by will1324 (edited 4/15/2007 5:15p).]
p-wonk01
AG
'97,'98,'99 with A-Batt
Spectre

I had to work a wierd schedule, so I didn't make all of the cut and stack, but I made most of them.

I'll be back out in woods for Bonfire '10 with my pot on my head and my axe in my hands though.

Temporarily: United States Air Force, 48th FW
RAF Lakenheath Fire Rescue
SWCBonfire
AG
'95-'98 with Hart Hall - last in, first out.

Red ass, pot black.
PPlayboy87
AG
83, 84, 85

Puryear Yellowpot in 84

Puryear only used axes; chainsaws were for those requiring air conditioning.
Jock 97
1993: E-1 Jock Center Pole
1995: Spider-D Perimeter Pole
progress
AG
why are people including bonfires after '99 fell?

those aren't endorsed by our university.
Two-Bucks
AG
'86, '87, '88 and '89, and never saw us out-scored by the sips!
Predmid
AG
quote:

why are people including bonfires after '99 fell?

Because it's still Bonfire and it's all we know. From the countless people I've met and talked to that were associated with the pre-99 fire, the work, technique and spirit associated with the current Bonfire is exactly the same as the old one (with quite a few safety additions.)
WH08PsyJayci
most importantly, the spirit
progress
AG
EXACTLY the same... i wanna see an Ol Ag comment and back you up and tell you that the Bonfire they built had the EXACT SAME feeling with only a few safety additions. i don't think that makes sense. there are less people, and its smaller. its still great that dorms can get together and build and hang out with the guys on your hall (Cocks had as Rocks), but the same bonfire... i got my doubts.
Predmid
AG
If you haven't already, I encourage you to try and make it to a few cuts & stacks next year if you'd like to see for yourself.

WH08PsyJayci
i definitely second what predmid says. we have lots of old ags go out every year that were heavily involved in pre-99 fires that still have a ball.
dutch_chicken
AG
progress, am I Old Ag enough for ya? Check post #3 on this thread for my credentials.

I don't know if you are trolling and stirring up the poo, or if you really don't know what we Old Ags think. Either way, I'll tell you. I, for one, believe that what they are doing these days is even more in the spirit of "Old Army" Bonfire than what we did because they have to fight against a lot more adversity to do it. I am as pleased as can be that they have made the effort not only to continue our little tradition but to try to do it much better than we did by making it safer, more inclusive, and of a more reasonable size (don't worry []1, I know they still have a way to go on at least one of those items . . . but the fact is that these recent Bonfires have been more inclusive than "ours" were) while overcoming obstacles we never had to face.

We built it because we could. They build it because they have the burning desire to do so. That, in my book, makes this as real as Bonfire can get.
DCC99
AG
98, 99, 02
OCA
Chief
COKEMAN
AG
The Bonfires from the 60's were different than the ones from the 70's were different than the ones from the 80's were different than the ones from the 90's, etc.

The only Fire that is going to be exactly like the one you remember is the one you worked on.

I'll stand up and say that the Spirit, Desire, friendships, blisters, sore muscles, bruises, SMELL, and determination is just as it was before. Albeit on a smaller scale. But my opinion is going to be viewed as inherently biased so I encourage you to come form your own opinion.

Scott Coker '92
turtle95
91-95
93 Crew Chief HHH

Miss those times
TxRooster97
'93 - '98
Outhouse Corporal '94
Butt Pot '95
"Don't be afraid of axe handles or perimeter fires..."

Tips for building the outhouse:
Drink a beer, hammer a nail, drink a beer, hammer a nail, drink a nail, hammer a beer...

Ahh, the good ol' days
sbkuhn
I am a current student! I helped build so far, 05, and 06. I got involved through FHK and was the 05 Puke Pot, WHOOP!
Bird93
AG
89 to 92. Sq 13 (green dots) -- Load Baby! We built the last fire on Duncan Field and the first on the Polo Fields. 89 stack was the best I ever saw. Had the yellow ribbon for the troops in Desert Storm, and it stood for almost two hours.

I met a lot of Redass non-regs I would never have had the privilege of knowing! The campus needs it back.
Easy 8
'89 & '90 w/Aston. Roomate in '90 was a crew chief; suite mate was the yellow pot. Good times!
texas_aggie_girl_93
Hey Cokeman!

Lynn here..I don't know if you remember me or not...I went out to cut & stack several times with Gina S. & Mark M.

SquareOne07
AG
quote:
EXACTLY the same... i wanna see an Ol Ag comment and back you up and tell you that the Bonfire they built had the EXACT SAME feeling with only a few safety additions. i don't think that makes sense. there are less people, and its smaller

Old Ags can't all be lumped in together. I have talked to a number of them with relation to Bonfire and their opinions vary. It's really very difficult to speculate as to what percentage of Old Ags support ASB, and most of you are probably not interested in what I've heard.

And Kip, your comment about being more inclusive has to do largely with the fact that ASB is in a situation where it needs people.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.