What Bonfire did you build?

114,819 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TXAGBQ76
dutch_chicken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you say so, Terry.
SquareOne07
AG
And wouldn't you know, I do say so!
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
'83
YellowPot_97
AG
<------------------
fire09
AG
Cut in '06. We spent the year harassing Walton.
nukeaggie2000
AG
Aston Hall cut and stack - '96, '97
I came out with Aston a couple of times in '98 and '99 after I moved off campus

What do us old guys have to do to come out to cut and stack now-a-days? Can we just show up with our old non PC pots?

I was a suitmate to Rhino as a fish before "the flood".
txags92
AG
88-91 with Moses Hall RABs. Roomed with the 91 yellow pot in 90.

I still remember welcoming everybody else to cut site one year by throwing sand in their car windows (to wake them up! No really!) as they tried to navigate the sand pit at the entrance to the parking area. We would get them to roll down their windows to tell them we would help push them through the sand pit...then as they were being pushed through the pit, they would get some sand as a welcome to cut gift
oldyeller
AG
NukeAggie, if you wanna come out and work on Student Bonfire, you are more than welcome to, as are all old Ags who would like to do the same. Anyone is welcome as long as they abide by the same rules that everyone else does.

Just keep an eye on the Student Bonfire web site for dates, directions, etc. and come out when you can.

www.studentbonfire.com
FrontPorchAg
98 - 99
Reload8098
AG
'77-'79
1990AG
AG
Was a Crew Chief for Moore Hall in 87, built, loaded, stacked and swung from 86-90...

Great times....
69huslinone
AG
I worked on the bonfires in 1965, and 1966 with my outfit. I then worked '67, '68, '69 and '70 as a non-reg. I believe the '69 stack was the tallest ever. It was twice as high as the dorms over at Duncan. 101 or 102 feet. Back then the only ones that were allowed on the Bonfire were upperclassmen in the Band.

And Cut is not easy when you are carrying a log that weighs 2,500 lbs for over a mile to the truck, and then have to help another outfit load it, because they could not even pick the log up. The band did not even try to move it by hand, they used a crane to move it...into the bottom tier.

[This message has been edited by 69huslinone (edited 8/7/2007 1:53p).]
mcjd01
97, 98, 99

The best part was hanging out at the polo fields when not working and just talking to people and hearing all their stories.

And all the acronyms people come up with.

Sadly I'm scared of heights so never got to climb stack even though had planned to in '00.

So it goes .
Gator2_01
AG

STACK >>> cut > load

"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
AG_02
AG
98-99, part of the 98 C-1 Centerpole crew.

Redpot76
stack outfit in '72 and '73, redpot on the '74 and '75 bonfires. Burned till 1:15 am, beat the 'sips 20-10 at home...nuff said
Redpot76
stack outfit in '72 and '73, redpot on the '74 and '75 bonfires. Burned till 1:15 am, beat the 'sips 20-10 at home...nuff said
CrazyLilAznChik
'05 and '06...
I'm such a newbie. haha
Went with HHH (Shockers, Semen, Dongs, whatever we are this year.. lol), and was a Chief in '06...

I intend to come out again.. and again.. and again. L-O-V-E it.

Not even being from The US (let alone Tx), I didn't even know about bonfire. How did I end up in Bonfire?... Got sucked into the Aggie Tradition and Spirit, and hung out with the "crazy folks" in my dorm. Turns out, they're not as crazy as I thought they were... or is it that I'm just as crazy as they are...
Either way, it's one of the most amazing experiences I've had. =oP

~That Crazy, Hyper, Funky, Psychotic,
SHORT, lil' Asian Chick~
stbjdaia
I built bonfire '97-'99

'97 was for Kreuger Hall - gotta love the Kallgirls!

'98 and '99 were with Rudder - me and my girls that relocated from Kreuger started our own group that went out with Rudder.

The best days of my life!
Norman
My RA told us about it and we all made our pots and went to first cut '04. Luckily a few of old Dunn guys were out there to teach us. My roommate and I started things back up in the dorm the next year as chiefs in '05. Lazy in '06 but helped when I could and now helping the next generation in '07.
aggieband 83
AG
'79-'82. Aggieband white pots. Unloaded trucks on site. Seperated logs according to size. It was a pain in the a$$ at the time. How I wish I could do it again now!
CanyonAg77
AG
Same deal as Aggieband83. Fish & pissheads were required to work, sergebutts and zips were optional. I worked 73 & 74, and volunteered and ran a BQ crew for 75. I was not a redpot or working on the stack in 75, so there was no real place for me as a zip in 76. Still have a photo of my '75 crew.

We were issued campaign hats for rain gear in the fall of '73. Before that, everyone used helmet liners (pots) for rain gear. The rest of the Corps used olive drab pots, but the BQs had white pots, which is what we used for Bonfire, as well. That's why BQs wore white pots.
Frag
AG
'87 and '88
WBC1994
AG
Attended - '89 (I still do not know why my parents let me go, not even asking where we were staying, Crocker with my friends boyfriend) Fell in LOVE with A&M and Bonfire.

Built 90-91-92
90 - Kreuger Hall & WBC (I can fix an axe handle still)
91 & 92 - WBC drove a truck

Red Ass - miss the friends, the since of being a part of a team. Miss the fun and hard work. I miss the smells; there are so many great memories. Cut pictures are some of my favorite from school. I still have my pot, and the boots I wore to cut.

I am thankful the students are making sure Bonfire does not die.. It may be different, but it was different on the Duncan Field than on the Polo Fields.

Build the Hell Outta Bonfire 2007
brownlee03
AG
'99 B-Company Streetfighters
Wildmen03
AG
I'm with Brownlee, helped kill trees and humped centerpole, but never got to see Bonfire '99 burn.
Roadhouse
AG
91-96 with Moses. Crew Chief in 92.
Kajones97
HHH Dongs fish for 93 and then Crew chief in 94. Helped out over the next coule of years until my son was born in 99

I still have a pocket from my CC grodes that still smell of smoke, sweat, and maple syrup!

My oldest son thinks that my dress pot isone of the coolest things that I own. Makes me sad to think that he might not get the chance to experience the "Fire" like I did.

Build the Hell Outta Bonfire!!!!
Kajones97
For all the walton wussies . . . .

FYW and EAD!!!!

Long Live Sammy the Seamen
PrehistoricAg
'80 and '81
3B Paul 97
AG
Hey, Kajones. I'm still Head Crew Chief. Eat that!
D.J. Flores
AG
Cut 94-99
Moore Hall Yellow '95

glad o see you guys are keeping the spirit alive.....hope to make it back up to a cut one day!
Ag82 in CO
'78 and '79
Kajones97
3Ball-you're just jealous because I can kill more trees than you and climb faster than you and fall asleep anywhere so excuse me while I take a quick nap in a swing >
DisplacedAg
I took my last opportunity and built 2006 Bonfire with McInnis, though I actually lived off campus. A good friend from McInnis recruited me, so I joined their crew.

[This message has been edited by DisplacedAg (edited 11/1/2007 4:37p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.