What Bonfire did you build?

114,793 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TXAGBQ76
FHKPLEX03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rachag03: I'm doing pretty good, taking summer school and working. Just finished up my EMT class at the fire school today. Current plan is to graduate next May but we'll see. Based on past experience it's about time I change my major again. ;<
ABRAM 97
Hunter, I am coming back to Dallas in a week for good...BEWARE!
Turkey 87
AG
'83, '84, '85, '86
AMB99
AG
'95, '96, '97, and some in '98-'99, after '97 paying for school and getting good grades took higher priority.

Fowler Hall - '95
FHK after

Crew Chief in '96

As mentioned, load was a necessary evil and would put it third behind cut and stack.

Gig'em
ag002000
'96, '97, '98
3ball97
93-97.
Schuhmacher Hall.
I'm not sure who loaded the trucks, but man could we unload with the best of them!
FAST FRED
AG
'61, '62, '63 & '64.

Gig 'em, FAST FRED '65.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.
Jock 97
1992-1998

I built the 1991 and 1992 Bonfire during my junior and senior years of high school. I had friends at A&M in both Squadron 1 and A-1, and they let me cut and stack with them on fall weekends.

1993 - E-1 Jock Center Pole

1994 - spent that year loading and some at stack

1995 - D-1 perimeter pole & guard

1996 - D-1 perimeter guard

1997 - Deadzip, but went out to push with D-1

1998 - attended a few cuts with D-1

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

[This message has been edited by Jock 97 (edited 7/4/2004 5:16p).]
northsidegreek06
AG
Built the hell my fish year and this last year (06-4 and 06-3)

how'd I get involved? Well there is this crazy blond chick that some of you know as Jessie. We were in bioenvironmental science my fish year together and she came into a group project meeting late and smelled like wood and sweat and general grotieness. She apologized and said why... so I asked about it out I went the next saturday. A-A-A WHOOP for Jessie and Neeley Hall!!!
Neeley05
Thanks, I would be that crazy girl.

I helped build 02 and 03

Neeley Co-Chair in 03

Also an odd story as to how I got involved... But thanks to Jeff and Chad, I went out to a small stack in 01 and fell in love (not with the boys, but with Bonfire). The when Unity Project started up, they went out to play with chainsaws and I found the Hart crew to let me cut with them. I kept dragging out as many girls as I could that year and we eneded up with our own Neeley crew by the end of cut. The year after, we just dominated. =)
Knockout05
OH YEAH Jessie! For those of you who don't know, this girl can swing an ax better than most guys! I'm not as awesome as Jessie, but i do my best. Fish year I help with jeff and chad as well, and last year I camped out the last weekend and worked my A$$ off in the freezing cold, it was WELL worth it (yet another apology to Jessie for running off with her blanket in the trunk). And this past fall I worked on student bonfire with the MOST REDASS M.J. Neeley Hall! A-WHOOP!

Dude, I don't just love cut, or load, or stack....I LOVE IT ALL!

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2005 WHOOP!
Fightin' Texas Aggie M.J. Neeley Hall WHOOP!
Pouncer05
Yay for that crazy Jessie kid. She kept asking me in '02 to come out and when I finally did, it was so great, they couldn't keep me away for '03. Out there at cut with all the girls was seriously the coolest thing I have ever experienced.

So Jessie rocks and yay for her being my roommate.
preshy boy
hey Rachel and J-fish.. long time no see. Rachel, how are you and chad doing? y'all are still in San Antonio right? I don't think I've seen you since your wedding. LONG time. J fish, shouldn't you be graduating soon? have either of you talked to Sam or Kim lately, It has been forever and a day since seeing them also.

Well, to the purpose of this thread. I built the hell outta 02 and 03 UP, with the best FHKing dorm on northside, Co-Ed Balcony FHKing bad @$$. how did I get involved, a few of you old but not ancient people...bonfire 98 and 99, might know a little guy from FHK named Lucious well he is my brother, and was out there along with most of FHK when it fell in 99. The stories he told and the feeling I got from the vidual in 99 was enough to sway me towards building if I ever had the chance. The night of the vidual was the night I got the tag (Precious) Rachel and J fish were there, and that name still follows me to this day. My opprotunity dawned when a couple of the moses chiefs invited me out to cut in 02, a couple of buddies and I went out there with them and we were in heaven, it took me a while to build up FHK numbers that year, but eventually we had a good sized group for stack. This year we went through all sorts of **** with administration("soliciting" mainly) but had a damn good group out there almost every weekend, good enough for a perimeter pole.
as far as the "chief" question?!!! I was selected by Fox, Gran, T, and Sam. I don't think I took on the title of chief but FHK was under mine and my 2 brothers and 3 sisters leadership in 01-02. Oh yeah I am now a Jr. Grey for bonfire 04 WHOOP... See you in the fall.
fossil_ag
AG
52-53-54-55. In '52 alternated lugging logs out of woods to load crew, rope crew pulling logs upright at stack (no cranes or forklifts), and all night guard duty at stack and campus landmarks. '53-'54'-'55 personnel management and encouragement (Yell Leaders ran the stack.)

84-85-86. Furnished 3 trucks and low-boy trailers before my insurance company got wind of it.

98. Provided workplace, grinders and paint to Outlaw 8 to sharpen axes, replace axe handles and paint pots.

[This message has been edited by fossil_ag (edited 7/10/2004 11:20p).]
TAMUGodot
Gaurd duty at campus landmarks? Tell us more please.
fossil_ag
AG
It was never clear to me if the threat of rivals sneaking onto campus to burn the stack, paint Sully and wreak other havoc was true...but since we had adequate manpower in a thousand or so Fish....and since there wasn't a lot of other activity to occupy our evenings...we guarded the campus. Starting 10 days or so before burn, we had 8-10 Fish posted at guard fires for Sully, the Academic Bldg, West Gate Memorial, MSC, Systems Bldg, each street entering the campus, etc.....along with 3 rings of guard fires around the stack. We were well armed with tree limbs and axe handles and quite motivated to defend whatever from whomever. In addition we had reenforcements sleeping soundly in the dorms on the north side of campus but instantly ready to respond to a cry in the middle of the night of "T-Sips Are On Sully".......which happened too frequently about 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning if an upper classman felt the urge for excitement. It was quite a sight to see a thousand or so kids running around the campus in their skivvies brandishing a stick of firewood looking for the enemy, with the poor guards at Sully's statue surrounded and wondering what was taking place. Freshman football players were more than once urged by upperclassmen to test the security.....and some have some tales of terror of trying to elude a mob that grew exponentially in passing other guard fires in their efforts to escape. Our greatest thrill was the night the airplane from Corpus Christi NAS buzzed the stack, pulled too many G's on pullout, snapped the wings and crashed near where Olsen Field is now. The wing tanks snapped off in the pullout and landed on Simpson Drill Field near the stack. We were sure the tanks were bombs and hightailed it out of the area, only to be met by the mob racing from the dorms....confusion and chaos reigned for hours over that episode. I was in Squadron 24 and the '52 stack was ours.

[This message has been edited by fossil_ag (edited 7/11/2004 12:40p).]
MosesHallRAB
My freshman year ('02), Moses, Walton, E2 and K1 guarded various statues on campus before the tech game. A few tech fans we're supposedly gonna try to spray paint stuff red.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
quote:
West Gate Memorial
Boy, I must be having a memory lapse or missed out something fierce...don't recall that one.

Worked with SUP/UP/SB in '02 & '03, helped out any way I could. Can't wait to drive in this fall.

[This message has been edited by Mr. (edited 7/11/2004 11:47p).]
northsidegreek06
AG
Moses - when a group of my sisters and I went to tech for the game last year, someone had told us that yell was going to be at the will rogers or whatever the heck that is statue... the one of the masked raider or whatever - anyways, so we went there... needless to say yell was on the OTHER side of campus and they chased our car out of the circle drive. Stupid dumbarses. They actually had the statue wrapped in red toilet paper.

I was talking about fossil's post here at work and the receptionist that I work with is like - that's so silly. I never really got into all that silliness blah blah blah I have more friends that are tsips than aggies and blah blah blah. Can I spit on her?
TheSheik
AG
77-78-79-80 Dunn Hall
lots of times I made cut
sometimes I made it to stack
But I loved it all.

My pot and a stick with my virgin stripe on it are here in my office on the shelf behind me.

I am TheSheik

[This message has been edited by TheSheik (edited 7/16/2004 5:49p).]
chunks
02, 03. Crocker Crew Chief in 03. I'll be there till they kick me out

[This message has been edited by chunks (edited 7/19/2004 6:17p).]
Sal Monella
97 - 99 BMF
yankee2001
`97-`99 DG
`98-chair

[This message has been edited by yankee2001 (edited 7/28/2004 12:47p).]
aggieangl8306
03 with FIGHTIN TEXAS AGGIE NEELEY HALL!! how i got started.. well, i switched room mates in october, and lived with a super cool gal, and all my friends were doing it so i just jumped on the bandwagon. Im glad I did, because the best experiences i have ever had were out there, including the poison ivy and the brush clearing

[This message has been edited by aggieangl8306 (edited 7/28/2004 6:24p).]
rachag03
AG
Hey Precious!!! Sorry it took me so long to see your message...I've been busy with work, too busy! Chad and I are doing great. We are still in San Antonio, and probably will be for a long time. If you ever want to come visit just give us a call! We talk to your brother every so often. You probably know he came to visit us a couple months ago. Kim and Sam are doing great too, we see them at least once or twice a month. It has been since the wedding, over a year ago...crazy! But I'm sure we will see you in November up in Aggieland. As crazy as I know the dedication will be, we will have to make sure we get everyone together.
Gump 02
AG
built '98 and '99 with B-Co Streetfighters
sharklady00
You might laugh, but I cut with Underwood Hall starting in '96. I could always count our turnout on my toes. We went with Appelt. Great guys.

Oh, and to Aston00...you won't remember this, but one night you hid my keys at stack. Kind of pissed me off but those are the fun things people always remember. ( That and my mom curious as to why I brought home an off brand can of dip...and exactly why I HAD to keep it)

Tp this day when some asks if I am done...I think of that BS statement you had to mumble about never DUNN...anyone remember the rest of that. I can't believe I actually forgot it...It was NEVER DUNN...sometimes...
northsidegreek06
AG
Neeley responds to "how many have you done" with "never Dunn, always finish"

"Okay, how many have you finished?!"
"2006!"
"Get up and wildcat"
Ag_B_10
AG
only got to cut for 03' but got to cut and stack 04'
sharklady00
Northsidegreek06...no that wasn't it. Good try anyway.
Gigm2002

[This message has been edited by Gigm2002 (edited 11/27/2004 9:29p).]
nkaechler
AG
Building 05

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2006
jefe95
AG
91 (cut and stack)
92 (cut and stack)
93 (stack)
94, 94 (stack)

Aston C1NRB

[This message has been edited by jefe95 (edited 11/27/2004 11:56p).]
Locknload
AG
Dunn Hall 75, 76,77 & 78. Pot. Load sux.
Dustin00whoop
AG
Crocker Cocks '96 & '97. Moved off campus after that & only went to a couple of cuts afterwards. Loved every minute of it & the majority of my groomsmen in my wedding were buddies that I met through Bonfire.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.