*********Walking Dead-Season 7*********

262,453 Views | 1965 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Milkman
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder if the producers even realize they have a problem...
Aggie Infantry
AG
The writers really need someone with combat/firearms experience. So many opportunities lost. So many gun fails.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

I wonder if the producers even realize they have a problem...

I doubt it. I didn't watch the talking dead last night, but if Gimple was his usual self then they are still absolutely tone deaf.

Plus, I did a twitter search after the show and the number of fanboys/girls who thought last night was Citizen Kane just floored me.
fta09
AG
I like this show, but the pacing really is awful. I'm tempted to just start reading the comics.
Street_Cred_Norm
Come October, all of you who say you are done, will be back.
jr15aggie
AG
Stupid guy in blue suit/tiger.... We were 1 second away from getting a kill that would have redeemed the whole season!
Objective Aggie
AG
One year ago I bailed. Didn't watch a single episode this season. Just browsed this thread to see if I was missing anything.

I had been so disheartened in the plot lines and logic. Nothing made sense. And when they faked Glenn's death I couldn't take it. Waited till the end of that season and just never had the urge.

But reading these comments, man. It sound like everyone is trapped in an abusive relationship with this show.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Street_Cred_Norm said:

Come October, all of you who say you are done, will be back.

Nope. I'm done. I should've been done after last season.
fta09
AG
I did like Negan's lines about the tiger and Maggie. Screw FTWD, I think a spin-off starting with Negan's story would have been more entertaining.
GatorAg03
AG
So did Rick get shot in the abdomen or what? He goes from reeling in pain and kicked off the edge to completely fine.

Also, loved how everyone in Rick's group went from about to get executed at point blank range to having the upper hand all because the CGI tiger took out an unknown extra.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
So does anyone watch Talking Dead? Does Chris Hardwicke still give this show glowing praise while talking to the cast & crew after each episode?

I mean....he kinda has to. Poor guy; even if he thinks the show is getting bad, he still has to be so enthusiastic about it every week. He's a likable enough guy, but this show has to be bringing his nerd cred down with so many people bailing week after week.
jr15aggie
AG
May have been said already... but one of the worst things about this whole season and the lame payoff was how they spent sooooooooo much time trying to justify Carol & Morgan's righteous isolation and refusal to kill. This theme for these 2 characters even goes back a couple seasons.

And the payoff.... like one shot of Carol blasting away with a riffle (no idea if she actually killed anybody) and a 2 second shot of Morgan spearing a guy with a CGI stick.

They literally spent more time and effort showing the trash people shoot off a flare gun and coordinating their escape!!! You friggin kidding me!
oh no
AG
Love the impeccable timing of Maggie and the Hilltoppers and Carol, Morgan, Zeke, blueman suit tiger and the kingdom fighters! Right in the middle of Lucile's back swing! I wasn't worried though- if Corl can stay standing after a bullet through the eye socket, one crack from Lucile wasn't going to take him down.
Post removed:
by user
bonfarr
AG
Why wouldn't mullethead trashcan leader lady blast Rick when the shooting started? She sat there with a gun trained on him the entire time when everyone else was guns blazing. It made no sense at all, you would think she would kill him as soon as shots were fired then join the battle.
Jim01
AG
I never understood the backlash of last season's finale (Neegan reveal). That was a great finale. This one stunk. Just anti-climatic and boring.
jr15aggie
AG
bonfarr said:

Why wouldn't mullethead trashcan leader lady blast Rick when the shooting started? She sat there with a gun trained on him the entire time when everyone else was guns blazing. It made no sense at all, you would think she would kill him as soon as shots were fired then join the battle.

This is about the only thing that did make sense... it's obvious Negan wants Rick alive and gave explicit instructions as such. Not sure the psychology, but it probably has a lot to do with not cutting off the head of the group so that the group can still be productive. After all, he wants them working for him. Or at least he did.
Post removed:
by user
aTmAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

bonfarr said:

This is about the only thing that did make sense... it's obvious Negan wants Rick alive and gave explicit instructions as such. Not sure the psychology, but it probably has a lot to do with not cutting off the head of the group so that the group can still be productive. After all, he wants them working for him. Or at least he did.
Yet she still shot him.
MROD92
This show is Mystery Theater 3000, the entertainment I receive is derived solely from this thread
aTmAg
AG
Neagan screwed up by not going the Genghis Kahn route. You try to make friends with neighbors and if they say no, then you wipe them out. If they say yes, then you treat them like a real friend. I read somewhere, that Genghis had an ally once who decided to stay out of a particular fight to leave Genghis to fight alone. Genghis turned his army around, wiped his former ally off the face of the planet, and then turned back around and wipe out the original enemy. Dude knew how to keep city-states in line. Neagan trying to create a slave society was always bound to fail. He should have killed Rick and everybody in Alexandria.

I'm pretty sure the Walking Dead writers are not thinking that deep into it though.
MROD92
Does Neagan have a different writer than everyone else? How is his dialogue light years ahead of every other character
Gigem314
AG
I definitely think Shiva the Tiger attacking only the Saviors was the "jumping the shark" moment for this show.

That said, I'm still intrigued by the story line now that they're finally going to fight...and the groups are working together.

Sasha's exit was badass. That said, I'd gotten bored with her character long ago so I'm glad they moved on. Rosita and Tara should be next. And definitely Gregory...he's a complete waste of time.

More Ezekiel please. He's at least entertaining to watch. And definitely more Negan. How can they not take more advantage of that? Even in defeat, he's hilarious. "They got a damn tiger!". He's interesting, because just when you think you've figured him out, they throw a curve.

I'm glad Rick finally stared death in the face (or at least Coral's death in the face) and still told Negan that he's going to kill him, no matter what happens. Good. Bloodthirsty Rick is a lot more interesting than neutered Rick. That goes for Morgan too.

Overall, s7 has been disappointing. Too many side characters with poor dialogue. Not enough action, not enough of the group working together. And not enough of the best new characters (Negan, Ezekiel) that deliver the best lines.

That said, I don't think the finale was as bad as some are making it out to be.
jr15aggie
AG
aTmAg said:

jr15aggie said:

bonfarr said:

Yet she still shot him.

jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

That said, I'm still intrigued by the story line now that they're finally going to fight...and the groups are working together.

LOL, particularly the water ladies. I can see it now, "We gave most of your guns to the garbage people, who joined the saviors... now will you fight with us!?!"
Gigem314
AG
jr15aggie said:

Quote:

LOL, particularly the water ladies. I can see it now, "We gave most of your guns to the garbage people, who joined the saviors... now will you fight with us!?!"
Ha, yeah that Candace Bergen lady with the water women group will be even more pissed.

I was referring more to the main groups joining...Alexandra, Hilltop, and The Kangdom. There were too many segmented episodes this season. I want to see the original gang working together again, plus Ezekiel. So hopefully s8 will have more of that.

I can do without the water women and the junkyard hipsters.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

And to think, if they had stuck to "the script", we wouldn't have had either....not to mention a much tighter story.

Kirkman and crew are milking it for all its worth at this point.
Gigem314
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Quote:

And to think, if they had stuck to "the script", we wouldn't have had either....not to mention a much tighter story.

Kirkman and crew are milking it for all its worth at this point.
Yep, too much filler.

People want a tight story that revolves around the main characters. That's what made the show a success.

I hope they can end it on a high note.
aTmAg
AG
"No offense" was one of the only few good lines in the whole show.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
The current season lacks the raw tension of the older ones, much like the intro music. Warding off zombies, struggling for food, water and shelter. Now just factions battling with cushy abodes. And Negan badassery. I miss older seasons.
oh no
AG
You should watch both seasons of Marco Polo. It's a lot about the campaigns of Kublai Khan with lots of references to the great Gengis
aTmAg
AG
oh no said:

You should watch both seasons of Marco Polo. It's a lot about the campaigns of Kublai Khan with lots of references to the great Gengis
Wasn't it cancelled? I didn't want to invest in a show I like just to be left hanging. I did that with Deadwood, and I'm still annoyed.
Centerpole90
AG
Man I miss Deadwood.
AggieOO
at this point, i'd prefer the Saviors to wipe everyone out (i'm even willing to lost Daryl at this point), and then just switch the focus of the show to Negan.
Pignorant
AG
How about Negan flipping everyone off riding away in his truck while being shot at by about 10 guns!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.