*********Walking Dead-Season 7*********

261,867 Views | 1965 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Milkman
GigEmAgs14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This would be awesome
MASAXET
AG
Beer Baron said:

Lucky #007 said:

I'm not sure I get the complaints over the brutality. There've been children eaten on screen in this show. Yeah, it was rough, but I don't think it was the worst they've done.
To be fair, the children who were eaten really, really needed to be eaten. I think this was worse because it was characters we actually liked being taken out by other humans on purpose instead of by a zombie hoard. Off the top of my head I can't really think of another character who fits both criteria except for Herschel, and maybe Beth. And Beth's death was a direct result of her amazing stupidity so that kind of made it less bad for me. Herschel's was quick and kind of shocking. It didn't have months of build-up, combined with a really tense 30 minute ordeal for everyone like this episode did.
You're right. I can't believe this show about a post-apocalyptic world would create a brutal sense of despair and sadness.
Ed Carter
AG
Damn some of you people are warped. That entire episode was like the Nazi knifing the American soldier slowly in saving Private Ryan stretched out over 60 minutes.

And yes, the gore was over-the-top and quite frankly unnecessary even by The Walking Dead standards
MW03
AG
The Glen scene was pretty gratuitous.
chipotle
Man, I hope glenn's ok.
ClickClack
AG
The extra gore made you hate Negan more, even if subconsciously. It drove the point home of how sick he is.
pilgrim82
AG
Geez....you nancies complain when nothing happens, and now you're whining that they've gone too far. Go watch Golden Girls!
ClickClack
AG
chipotle said:

Man, I hope glenn's ok.

I think that doctor in the hilltop is pretty good. He's in good hands and knowing Glenn, he'll pull through this too.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Glenn's hand was still twitching. He is still alive.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Call Me The Realist said:

Damn some of you people are warped. That entire episode was like the Nazi knifing the American soldier slowly in saving Private Ryan stretched out over 60 minutes.

And yes, the gore was over-the-top and quite frankly unnecessary even by The Walking Dead standards

Haha. Warped? Really? That wasn't gore for gore's sake. It had a point and achieved it rather well.
OldCamp
I think the scene was so disturbing because it was person to person violence and brutality against a character we all know.
I think showing the "after effects" was a little over the top for me. No one should enjoy seeing that.

I liked seeing a conclusion to season 6 last night, but I'm afraid we are in for a couple of seasons of repeats of the governor / woodbury drama except with more violence to make it seem new.
I prefer the survival aspect of the story line with new locations and new threats....not the delayed saga of long term conflict with bad guys in the same setting over and over.
I wouldn't say this episode hooked me.
I need to see the show wrap up.
Its like watching A&M vs bama except that it never ends.
HBCanine08
AG
Beer Baron said:

Lucky #007 said:

I'm not sure I get the complaints over the brutality. There've been children eaten on screen in this show. Yeah, it was rough, but I don't think it was the worst they've done.
To be fair, the children who were eaten really, really needed to be eaten. I think this was worse because it was characters we actually liked being taken out by other humans on purpose instead of by a zombie hoard. Off the top of my head I can't really think of another character who fits both criteria except for Herschel, and maybe Beth. And Beth's death was a direct result of her amazing stupidity so that kind of made it less bad for me. Herschel's was quick and kind of shocking. It didn't have months of build-up, combined with a really tense 30 minute ordeal for everyone like this episode did.
Everyone seems to forget this

gigemags-99
AG
Watching it again. I love this show!!! If you disagree, "suck my n**s!"
chipotle
This scene still haunts my dreams/toilet sessions:

Beer Baron
AG
I wasn't complaining about it. Just explaining why these deaths felt different then others. I think the fact that people had such a reaction to it just proves how well it was done, and what happened will create all kinds of great storylines.
MelvinUdall
Do posters on this site believe that these people died and really got their heads caved in? Seriously? A poster that a going to allow his wife determine if he is watching another episode? I think some of y'all need to step out into the real world every once in a while.
Beer Baron
AG
Doesn't fit the "well-liked character" prong of my test. Also, that was a very necessary death.
Beer Baron
AG
Agreed. Precisely why I only stand fully upright at troughs now.
DannyDuberstein
AG
But but but I cared about the character that got his head gruesomely bashed in.
Ol Jock 99
AG
NM
MW03
AG
It didn't have anything to do with whether I liked Glen or not. It was ridiculous to have Glen sitting there with his eye popped out, trying to talk with his skull caved in, and then having him lay there and twitch. That was the product of a bunch of people sitting in a room trying to figure out how to go over the top with his death. If anything, it took away from the scene because all anyone could focus on was how gross it was. My wife was sick, but I was just sitting there rolling my eyes, realizing for the first time that The Walking Dead has basically become a serialized Saw movie.
StringerBell
AG
really well done episode.

excited to see where this season goes.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
PineTreeAg said:

I think the scene was so disturbing because it was person to person violence and brutality against a character we all know.
I think showing the "after effects" was a little over the top for me. No one should enjoy seeing that.

I liked seeing a conclusion to season 6 last night, but I'm afraid we are in for a couple of seasons of repeats of the governor / woodbury drama except with more violence to make it seem new.
I prefer the survival aspect of the story line with new locations and new threats....not the delayed saga of long term conflict with bad guys in the same setting over and over.
I wouldn't say this episode hooked me.
I need to see the show wrap up.
Its like watching A&M vs bama except that it never ends.
I think the point of this is that this is the first time we have seen Rick broken and accepting that he lost, and how does the group come back from that. Sure, it's another bad guy, but it has become a new threat: how do you keep going when your morale is completely gone. I think the gore was necessary.

TXAG 05
AG
It wasn't bloodier than anything else they have done on the show, plus, we have all known this was coming for what, 6 months now? Glenn has been worthless the past couple seasons. The only bad thing is that there will be no more solid one liners from Abraham.
KeithDBsSock
Too soon?

GoneGirl
AG
Cen-Tex said:

Gory. The wife, who never missed an episode, walked out of the room.
I was pretty close to my limit. Had they gone through with Carl and the ax, I'd have probably been done.

For me it was the mental abuse rather than the physical - though that certainly helped....
It was the constant tension without breaks.
AgFB
AG
SUCK MY NUTS might be my new favorite line of the series. And when Neegan acknowledged it's greatness was even better.
HBCanine08
AG
MW03 said:

It didn't have anything to do with whether I liked Glen or not. It was ridiculous to have Glen sitting there with his eye popped out, trying to talk with his skull caved in, and then having him lay there and twitch. That was the product of a bunch of people sitting in a room trying to figure out how to go over the top with his death.
  • There were rumors that it wasn't Glenn - meaning that the producers of the show weren't sticking with the comics.
  • When Abraham first got killed (not in the comics), it made it seem that Glenn was safe.
  • When they killed Glenn it was pretty much exactly as the comic:

[comics snippets removed for spoilers and graphics] You can GIS.

It wasn't a "product of a bunch of people sitting in a room trying to figure out how to go over the top with his death". It was a product of trying to stay true to the comics which a lot of fans appreciate.

Ol Jock 99
pilgrim82
AG
...and I'll go ahead and say it right now, IMO, nothing wrong with posting this from the comics since it already happened in the TV show, verbatim, so save your faux outrage.
HBCanine08
AG
save your faux sensitivity. No way I was "outraged" about that. I was only stating that the show stayed true to the comics.
ClickClack
AG
HBCanine08 said:

save your faux sensitivity. No way I was "outraged" about that. I was only stating that the show stayed true to the comics.

Bruh...he was defending you before people whined about what you posted since it was a clip from the comics
HBCanine08
AG
welp, that settles it. I need more coffee this am.
pilgrim82
AG
Thanks ClickClack! You try to stand up for a brother....

HBCanine...here's a cup of coffee on me...hope you like the special Irish sweetener I use!
HBCanine08

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.