*********Walking Dead-Season 7*********

261,855 Views | 1965 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Milkman
Joe Exotic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You really wouldn't even need armor. Just leather motorcycle pants, leather jacket, and some work gloves would protect you from a human bite. How many people have we seen accidentally bitten on the arm or leg while wearing short sleeves or such.

Actually just try to wrap a steak in a sweatshirt and see if you can bite into it. You can't.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I would think leather and denim would be big players. Lots of unfashionable denim-on-denim looks working.
bonfarr
AG
My armor in a post Apocalypse zombie world is a tight motorcycle leather jacket and leather pants, boots and gloves, football neck roll topped with a motorcycle helmet with face shield. All exposed seams would be sealed with duct tape.

SeattleAgJr
Full body leather. In an Atlanta summer (where filmed).

Or even Virginia (where currently set)

Not gonna happen.

But I agree. There are things that can be done to prevent most bites.
JABQ04
AG
You'll wear what you need to wear in order to survive. (Full body armor in Iraq on a dismounted patrol in August ****ing sucks, but better than being dead). Obviously only supply runs or jobs outside of the safe haven would require protection. Inside your free to wear what you want.
Gigem314
AG
aTmAg said:

Gigem314 said:

aTmAg said:

That Morgan story line made no sense.
I thought it did. Losing the kid finally broke Morgan. He trained him and taught him. It was the closest he'd been to anyone since losing his son. He was killed needlessly. Morgan had already been flirting with ditching his pacifist mentality. That pushed him over the edge.

I'm glad he finally broke. His character was boring.
So Ezekiel wasn't convinced that they needed to fight the Saviors after Ben was killed, but instead went home, got another cantaloupe, and delivered it to the saviors the next day. It took Morgan killing Richard with his bare hands (while everybody watched like it was a game of cards) and outing Richard's entire plan that finally convinced him?

So Ezekiel had to think: "Thanks Morgan for exposing Richard's plot to trick me into starting a war. I guess that means I should start a war now!"
Again, Ezekiel was already slowly moving that direction...like Morgan.

I think the other significance of this with Ben is that he represents the future, which is why Ezekiel has avoided conflict as much as possible. He may not have turned after Ben's death, but it put him on the edge. I also think seeing Morgan (the truest believer in non-violence) kill Richard, put him over the edge.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Gigem314 said:

aTmAg said:

Gigem314 said:

aTmAg said:

That Morgan story line made no sense.
I thought it did. Losing the kid finally broke Morgan. He trained him and taught him. It was the closest he'd been to anyone since losing his son. He was killed needlessly. Morgan had already been flirting with ditching his pacifist mentality. That pushed him over the edge.

I'm glad he finally broke. His character was boring.
So Ezekiel wasn't convinced that they needed to fight the Saviors after Ben was killed, but instead went home, got another cantaloupe, and delivered it to the saviors the next day. It took Morgan killing Richard with his bare hands (while everybody watched like it was a game of cards) and outing Richard's entire plan that finally convinced him?

So Ezekiel had to think: "Thanks Morgan for exposing Richard's plot to trick me into starting a war. I guess that means I should start a war now!"

I think the other significance of this with Ben is that he represents the future, which is why Ezekiel has avoided conflict as much as possible. He may not have turned after Ben's death, but it put him on the edge. I also think seeing Morgan (the truest believer in non-violence) kill Richard, put him over the edge.

Also, and I think this is a factor that you're overlooking here, the writers suck.
Hickory High
AG
Yay, another episode that could be predicted in the first 5 minutes and only needed to take 5 minutes.
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

Yes, I think he was just taking some time for him to come to accept that some losses in the present were going to be necessary to preserve the future (hence the not terribly subtle metaphor of the vegetables in his garden having to be burned). And, whether Richard engineered this particular incident, and whether or not it was supposed to be Benjamin that died...the fact remains that the Saviors did show themselves as people who would kill over a cantaloupe.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
There has not been any scene in the Walking Dead to date that is as pointless, tired, and forced as the consistent show bashing on this thread. Y'all are worse than Rosita.

King was most likely convinced when Ben was killed, he just wasn't ready to start the war yet. Hell, he even said to Carol at the end that they needed to fight 'but not today'. Remember, he's not a seasoned leader, just the guy who had a tiger and wanted to pretend and found people willing to pretend with him. They just kept on pretending once they realized it gave them enough structure to build a safe home base.

The complaints of imperfect armor/clothing is funny. So the best solution is to wear something that would cause you to lose hydration faster than you can replenish it? I don't think I'd be the only one stepping over the leather and duct taped corpses because I'm ready to just stay alert and defend myself from walkers that I can hear and see coming way in advance. At least when y'all died of dehydration, you'll be kind enough to give me great targets for head shots or be zombies behind helmets and face screens so you can't bite anyone else.

(The CGwhy deer last episode is giving y'all a run for your money though.). :-)
DannyDuberstein
AG
Anyone sporting tight Steven Tyler-esque leather pants is probably going to have such a terrible case of swamp ass that the walkers will probably leave you alone. No jacket or helmet necessary.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Kind of weak last 2 weeks. Just caught up.

Plot makes sense in both. Execution was bad in both.
bonfarr
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Anyone sporting tight Steven Tyler-esque leather pants is probably going to have such a terrible case of swamp ass that the walkers will probably leave you alone. No jacket or helmet necessary.

Have you not seen Rick in every episode? That sweat hog already has chronic swamp ass.it pro ably smells like a Port-o-john when he and Michone get it on.
Connd
This episode was a heap of ***** That speech that mammy character gave about burning crops was the dumbest thing they've done all season. Is jerry playing mentally challenged or actually mentally challenged?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Aggie Joe 93 said:

There has not been any scene in the Walking Dead to date that is as pointless, tired, and forced as the consistent show bashing on this thread. Y'all are worse than Rosita.

King was most likely convinced when Ben was killed, he just wasn't ready to start the war yet. Hell, he even said to Carol at the end that they needed to fight 'but not today'. Remember, he's not a seasoned leader, just the guy who had a tiger and wanted to pretend and found people willing to pretend with him. They just kept on pretending once they realized it gave them enough structure to build a safe home base.

The complaints of imperfect armor/clothing is funny. So the best solution is to wear something that would cause you to lose hydration faster than you can replenish it? I don't think I'd be the only one stepping over the leather and duct taped corpses because I'm ready to just stay alert and defend myself from walkers that I can hear and see coming way in advance. At least when y'all died of dehydration, you'll be kind enough to give me great targets for head shots or be zombies behind helmets and face screens so you can't bite anyone else.

(The CGwhy deer last episode is giving y'all a run for your money though.). :-)

I believe Ezekiel's exact line was: " We need to fight. But not today. That's for the season finale."
CheeseSndwch
bonfarr said:

My armor in a post Apocalypse zombie world is a tight motorcycle leather jacket and leather pants, boots and gloves, football neck roll topped with a motorcycle helmet with face shield. All exposed seams would be sealed with duct tape.

I remember a guy once, Johnny I-Forget-His-Name. Wore two helmets, two flak jackets and armored underwear. In the Zombie Apocalypse, when your time is up, your time is UP.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Body armor, k-pot, and a MOPP suit in Iraq. Wear it or die.

Same for the ZA.

For dealing with the Saviors... I recall reading a story about the Vietnam war where the VC had a sniper who would only shoot the driver of the second vehicle in a convoy. Very effective.
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

For dealing with the Saviors... I recall reading a story about the Vietnam war where the VC had a sniper who would only shoot the driver of the second vehicle in a convoy. Very effective.
I'll risk sounding really ignorant and ask: why would shooting the driver of the second vehicle in a convoy be more effective than the first? I'm curious.
Stive
AG
H6RBW said:

Quote:

I'll risk sounding really ignorant and ask: why would shooting the driver of the second vehicle in a convoy be more effective than the first? I'm curious.
I'm guessing that after about 2 or 3 times, good luck finding a driver willing to sit in vehicle #2.
H6RBW
AG
Sure, but it seems like you could have that same effect if you always targeted the driver of truck no.1.
mm98
AG
H6RBW said:

Quote:

Same here...
Whos Juan
AG
H6RBW said:

Quote:

If I'm not mistaken, a CO is more likely to be in the second car in a motorcade. The first car is often a decoy.
H6RBW
AG
That would make sense.
Josepi
AG
I have no military background, but I would guess that the first vehicle would be your guide or scout, and the second vehicle would be you commanding officer. Kind of like how the Vietnamese snipers used to target the guy standing next to the guy who carried the radio. It was almost always an officer.
45-70Ag
AG
I hope tonight's show isn't a snooze fest like the last two weeks.

Here's to hoping Negan is back and back to terrorizing anyone he comes across.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
So far just more rhetoric ... On and on...

We should fight.

Negan is a badass.

Every episode...
Olsen
AG
Gregory, the leader of Hilltop Colony looks like Michael K. Young, the current president of TAMU.
45-70Ag
AG
Two episodes after today

I'm guessing Negan lives and this story line drags on further.
zooguy96
All these episodes suck. Thankfully, Enter the Badlands is on after this pathetic episode.
Centerpole90
AG
At least this time they got the right sound effect for the diesel bro-dozer.
Centerpole90
AG
.....aaaaand then they F it up with Sasha waving the rifle out of her sniper hide window.

WTF. Junior amateur level sniper leaner.
213 Grove
AG
I missed the last few seconds. Who did Rosita see at the end?
aggiebonzo
AG
Daryl
Spaceball 1
AG
I love this show but this season was bad. It was basically filler. Half a season of Rick giving their stuff away and now a half to get stuff like they gave away to fight.

Episodes with Rosita and Sasha as the plot drivers are bad. Not the chubby lesbian bad, but bad.

Oh and F Dwight!
Spaceball 1
AG
She saw Daryl

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.