**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

357,057 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
gumby579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Shorter seasons will work fine if they're moving along at the pace of the last two episodes
oh no
AG
yes; we need eipc battles and massive explosions that kill hundreds in each of the remaining 13 episodes. ...and boobies....
wanewman
Miguel Sapochnik won't be directing any episodes in season 7... maybe he'll be back for season 8.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Watching Glengarry Glenn Ross right now.

Jonathan Pryce was incredible of course. Just googled and saw he's been in a stage production with Littlefinger as Pacino's character, Ricky Roma.

Ogre09
AG
Why did Qyburn have the kids kill Maester Pycell instead of letting him blow up in the sept with everyone else? Was it to let Qyburn's revenge be more personal?

Also, here's a question from much earlier in the series: did Renly have any legitimate claim to the throne? Surely not, unless he thought Stannis was not a legitimate candidate, right? Was he just propped up and encouraged by the Tyrell's?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Why did Qyburn have the kids kill Maester Pycell instead of letting him blow up in the sept with everyone else? Was it to let Qyburn's revenge be more personal?

Also, here's a question from much earlier in the series: did Renly have any legitimate claim to the throne? Surely not, unless he thought Stannis was not a legitimate candidate, right? Was he just propped up and encouraged by the Tyrell's?

No, he wanted it because he thought Stannis would be a terrible King. And he had the support from the Tyrell's because they agreed and Loras supported him.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

Yes basically. Qyburn was a former maester who was discredited and thrown out by the maesters.

Revenge and he wanted him to know it rather than die in a random explosion really intended to kill others.
Sapper Redux
quote:

Renly knew he didn't have a claim on the throne. Loras helped convince him of his own capacity for leadership and that his brother's lack of personality would doom any attempt to seize the throne.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Speaking of Loras Tyrell, talk about going out in a bad way. Spends who knows how long locked up and tormented to the point he's mentally fried. He confesses to everything, abandons his family, lets them mutilate his head. And after going through all that, he gets blown to holy hell anyway.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Speaking of Loras Tyrell, talk about going out in a bad way. Spends who knows how long locked up and tormented to the point he's mentally fried. He confesses to everything, abandons his family, lets them mutilate his head. And after going through all that, he gets blown to holy hell anyway.

Other than that, not a bad week.
Dro07
AG
at least he was saved...AMIRITE?!
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
at least he was saved...AMIRITE?!

Blessed by the mother's mercy.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Qyburn basically said "this isn't personal". I'm betting they blame him for the explosion. All evidence was toast, but whomever blew up the place would know to be far enough away to survive. They lured him down into the tunnels so they could kill him and "find" him escaping the scene of the crime. Cersei will just say he tried to escape the Kings Guard and was killed in the melee.

Cersei isn't dumb enough to not have a fall guy lined up. I expect this all to be explained Episode 1 of Season 7.
R0GUE
AG
Cersei will probably even say Tommen was killed in the blast and that it was the work of their enemies.
Madmarttigan
AG
Could someone please explain to me how the composer for the music in GoT, Ramin Djawadi, has not won an Emmy? I mean what in the hell.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1014697/awards
Sentinel
AG
I'd vote for him.
Brick Tamland
quote:
I'd vote for him.

You don't vote for a king
CubbieAggie
AG
quote:
quote:
I'd vote for him.

Well how'd he become king then?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He'll undoubtedly win it this year. They nominated for one episode, correct? He should win it for either BOB or WOW.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'd vote for him.

The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, I don't know what category Lyanna Mormont would be in (Guest actress?), but she deserves a nomination at the very least.
CubbieAggie
AG
I would think Winds of Winter would have to be it. Light of the Seven was basically a main character for the first 20 minutes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I would agree. Plus even though it's not a new theme, the ToJ to Jon transition was masterful with the Stark theme.

And not sure if anyone else noticed that Light of the Seven theme mixed with subtle hints of the Rains of Castamere as Cersei took the throne.

BoB's music was pretty epic, but the standout moment had to be Jon facing down the cavalry.
Brick Tamland
I may or may not have purchased it on iTunes
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
quote:
Qyburn basically said "this isn't personal". I'm betting they blame him for the explosion. All evidence was toast, but whomever blew up the place would know to be far enough away to survive. They lured him down into the tunnels so they could kill him and "find" him escaping the scene of the crime. Cersei will just say he tried to escape the Kings Guard and was killed in the melee.

Cersei isn't dumb enough to not have a fall guy lined up. I expect this all to be explained Episode 1 of Season 7.
I disagree. I don't believe Cersei gives a flying f that everyone knows she was behind it. She just took the throne by force, and she can rule by intimidation and fear. She's not making excuses or trying to deny it.

Granny Tyrell knows that Cersei destroyed her family's future and is going to war for it. I don't think Cersei saying "the old maester did it" would stop her, even if Cersei was inclined to try it. Cersei essentially said, "this is mine, this is what I can do to whoever tries to take what is mine....bring it."
double aught
AG
Agreed. Cersei has zero interest in a fall guy.

Besides that, it's fairly obvious that she's responsible since she didn't show up for the trial.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Besides that, it's fairly obvious that she's responsible since she didn't show up for the trial.
Who would even know that, who is still alive though?
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:

I mean, it was her trial...if everyone but her died at the trial, she obviously wasn't there...
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'd vote for him.

The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Independent George
AG
The options for Dany to marry in Westeros have seriously dwindled lately. Who would be the best options to make an ally?

Jon
LittleFinger
Jamie Lannister
Edmure
Tyrion
Robin
Not sure what Tyrells are left
Maybe one of the smaller houses

Wild card: Night King?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dany + Jon HAS to be too obvious, right? Not that I'd be against it.

My question there is, what position does Jon hold if Dany is the one sitting on the throne?
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I mean, it was her trial...if everyone but her died at the trial, she obviously wasn't there...
It was also Sir Loras's trial. They sent for Cersei and things blew up. Hard to say it was her fault if no one ever made it to her chambers to request her presence.

I agree Cersei doesn't give a **** if people "know", but for purposes of the city guard asking around for facts about it, it's easy to point at Pycell as she's walking up to the iron throne.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Wild card: Night King?
Fire and Ice...
LHIOB
AG
I'd guess that part of this deal with Dorne and Highgarden includes a marriage.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Dany + Jon HAS to be too obvious, right? Not that I'd be against it.

My question there is, what position does Jon hold if Dany is the one sitting on the throne?
Lord Commander of the Nights Watch?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.