**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

355,374 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
They sent for Cersei and things blew up.

DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
Dany is the one sitting on the throne?
why am I turned on by this?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Besides that, it's fairly obvious that she's responsible since she didn't show up for the trial.
Who would even know that, who is still alive though?

I mean, it was her trial...if everyone but her died at the trial, she obviously wasn't there...
It was also Sir Loras's trial. They sent for Cersei and things blew up. Hard to say it was her fault if no one ever made it to her chambers to request her presence.

I agree Cersei doesn't give a **** if people "know", but for purposes of the city guard asking around for facts about it, it's easy to point at Pycell as she's walking up to the iron throne.
Yup, I agree. I think its a little of both. Swagger plus a cover your ass card.
tk for tu juan
Dany finds Gendry hitchhiking on the open sea.
Sex Panther
AG
Dany is gonna marry Yara. GoT sweeps the emmys for being progressive.
zgood10
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'd vote for him.

You don't vote for a king
Well how'd he become king then?
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
BEEEE QUIET!
FbgTxAg
AG
You don't get to become King just because some watery-tart threw a scimitar at you.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'd vote for him.

You don't vote for a king
Well how'd he become king then?
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
BEEEE QUIET!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Dany is gonna marry Yara. GoT sweeps the emmys for being progressive.
with Dany's T and Yara's A..
jbanda
AG
Jon will sacrifice himself to defeat the WW. Book it.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
What if Benjen is now either the head WW because he has the best grasp of reality now and was only pushing Bran South so all of the WW could pass or he becomes the head WW later on and it ends up being a Jon vs Benjen deal? I mean, it seems Benjen was trying to help out but he could have ulterior motives at this point or may lose his sanity later.
Independent George
AG
If that was the plan then the WW cut it close with almost killing Bran there at the end of the "The Door". The wights seemed pretty intent on killing them all.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
If that was the plan then the WW cut it close with almost killing Bran there at the end of the "The Door". The wights seemed pretty intent on killing them all.
Yep, and Benjen certainly wouldn't drop the "well there's a magical spell on the wall, that's why I, being an undead, can't cross". If Bran had half a brain, he'd think "oh jeez, well I broke that other spell so I probably shouldn't break this one as well".

Now, I totally expect Bran to not pick up on that and still break the spell, but I can't imagine Benjen would knowingly give him all that information if he was really a double agent.
Independent George
AG
I do think it will still happen that way. Maybe the scene goes down like this: Bran and Meera finally make it to castle black or maybe a different crossing. Meet up with some folks and catch up on events from the Westeros Gazette. Scene ends with them heading out south in the distance and the camera turns back to the wall and a crack forms.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

G** DA**IT THIS IS THE SHOW ONLY THREAD!!!! JESUS!!!
SpreadsheetAg
Dave Robicheaux
AG
quote:
Why did Qyburn have the kids kill Maester Pycell instead of letting him blow up in the sept with everyone else? Was it to let Qyburn's revenge be more personal?

i was thinking pycell might have known what's under the sept and could have potentially sounded the alarm.
smokeythebear
AG
Like, had he been at the trial and Margery started figuring things out, Pycell could have been like "OH SHE'S RIGHT! THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF BARRELS OF HIGH EXPLOSIVES DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH US THAT COULD GO OFF FOR LIKE, PRACTICALLY NO REASON AT ALL!"?

That actually would make sense.
jbanda
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Finally caught up with this thread. Book thread is gonna take a while...
chipotle
Pycell had his own agendas and was always against queen Franzia. Qyburn was probably like, "while we're killing folks, can I get rid of Pycell?" I bet she shrugged and was like, "ight."

Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Pycell had his own agendas and was always against queen Franzia. Qyburn was probably like, "while we're killing folks, can I get rid of Pycell?" I bet she shrugged and was like, "ight."

Had to figure out who Franzia was . . .
chipotle
quote:
quote:

Had to figure out who Franzia was . . .

Rocagnante
AG
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
You don't get to become King just because some watery-tart threw a scimitar at you.

"Sword"
G Martin 87
AG
I mean, if I went 'round sayin' I was an emperor because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
Rocagnante
AG
Nod to Holy Grail from Season 4.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Game-Thrones-Slipped-Bunch-Monty-Python-References-71182.html

FbgTxAg
AG
quote:
quote:

"Sword"
My quote if from Spamalot, not MPTHG, just fyi.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

"Sword"
Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!
FbgTxAg
AG
Ok I'm just thinking outloud, since it's offseason now.

Factions currently are pretty much reduced to 5.

Dany/Yara/Tyrells/Dorne/3 Dragons
Cercei/Lannisters
Snow/Stark/Vale/Wildlings/etc. (i.e. North) (and Vale/Littlefinger is sketchy)
Night King and 100,000 wights.
Dondarrion/Hound/Men without banners.

Anyone else?

Storyline over with across the narrow sea? Seems so.

Not sure where the Tully/Riverun faction stands?
Not sure what the Frey's are gonna do now either, I guess they are with Lannisters?

Unless a big-ass storm comes and capsizes a bunch of ships, Dany obviously the strongest faction. Until we see the Night King able to cross the wall, I just don't know what they can do yet. I assume they will be able to at some point.

By the way, 3 fire breathing dragons would be pretty good against the undead wight army, as we saw Benjen whack a bunch with a flaming ball protecting Bran. Imagine those 3 dragons lighting up an army of them!

Anyway, just scattershooting. Gonna be a long 42 weeks!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Dany/Yara/Tyrells/Dorne/3 Dragons
Cercei/Lannisters
Snow/Stark/Vale/Wildlings/etc. (i.e. North) (and Vale/Littlefinger is sketchy)
Night King and 100,000 wights.
Dondarrion/Hound/Men without banners.
I would add:
Euron - perhaps teaming up with Cersei?
Riverlands - still in turmoil after Frey assassination (Walder, Stevron, and Lothar gone); but Frey's are backed by Lannisters and Walder's successor is likely to remain in power unless somehow Edmure escapes and rallies.

Note:
I think the Frey success is like this:
Walder -> Stevron (walder's eldest and dead) -> Ryman (stevron's eldest & dead) -> Edwyn Frey (Ryman's eldest)....

But who the f- knows? He had so many kids!
Independent George
AG
Don't forget Arya! Might be the funnest story line to follow for the first couple episodes.

I don't have much knowledge on the Freys but there cant be too much leadership left.
FbgTxAg
AG
quote:
Don't forget Arya! Might be the funnest story line to follow for the first couple episodes.

I don't have much knowledge on the Freys but there cant be too much leadership left.

I assume she's gonna go try and kill everyone left on her list - which I guess is Cersei and The Mountain.

She's a little badass now, but she better not F with Ser Gregor.
LHIOB
AG
And Ser Illyn Payne
CubbieAggie
AG
Plus:
Beric
Thoros
Melisandre

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.