**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

354,926 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's pick up where we left off, shall we? The High Sparrow seems intent on keeping the other thread locked in the dungeons.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Regarding the new plan in King's Landing - definitely gonna backfire on Cersei. I'm not sure exactly how things play out, but all hell is about to break loose in KL.

I think the following people are most likely to die:
Lady Olenna
Ser Loras
Kevan
Mace Tyrell
Tommen
Margaery
Cersei

Hell, the whole Small Council could end up wiped out, and just when Cersei thinks they're back on top, Tommen is killed.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
smokeythebear
AG
You know, Tommen told his mom SOMETHING, but we didn't actually hear what it was. It is possible that Cersei is playing Olenna and the High Sparrow actually told Tommen something else.

Just speculating.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Possible. I find it more likely that the High Sparrow is playing Tommen/Cersei.
boboguitar
AG
Why did the other one get locked?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wasn't me this time
Andy07
AG
quote:
Regarding the new plan in King's Landing - definitely gonna backfire on Cersei. I'm not sure exactly how things play out, but all hell is about to break loose in KL.

I think the following people are most likely to die:
Lady Olenna
Ser Loras
Kevan
Mace Tyrell
Tommen
Margaery
Cersei

Hell, the whole Small Council could end up wiped out, and just when Cersei thinks they're back on top, Tommen is killed.

Is this a scenario where the church defeats the Tyrells and the Lannisters? I don't see how even with the support of the people they could defeat the Tyrell army.

I think it's much more likely the Tyrells turn on the Lannisters (maybe with Kevan's help). Turn in Jaime and Cersei to the faith for the return of Loras and Margaery. Then Tommen can be their puppet.
smokeythebear
AG
I'm hesitant to think that the High Sparrow would lie to Tommen or mislead him in an attempt to trick him. He clearly has motives and wants to sway his opinion, but I don't think he would actively try to trick the king.

Also, I don't buy the idea that Cersei is allowing the Tyrell army into King's Landing just to be screwed over. She came up with the idea, she's likely thought all the different scenarios through. More likely is that she just wants the Faith and the Tyrell's to kill each other, and then the King's Guard can clean up the mess.
AGeng25
AG
Yeah I don't see the Tyrells coming out of this ahead. Cersei is a schemer - she has a plan and somehow that involves screwing over the Tyrells. She obviously hates Lady Olenna & Margaery already...
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Yeah I don't see the Tyrells coming out of this ahead. Cersei is a schemer - she has a plan and somehow that involves screwing over the Tyrells. She obviously hates Lady Olenna & Margaery already...

I think they'll be led into a trap by Cersei, the the sparrows will kill them.
AgUltimate5
AG
Anybody think little finger wrote the note to Jon Snow and not Ramsey? Not sure how he would know they had Rickon, but little finger is sneaky.
Yoda
AG
So we know the Dothraki respect strength above all, but are we sure they will all be cool with Dany taking out all their leaders with her own bonfire? Will she tell them the straight story of what went down and why, or will it require some finessing to get them past some hurt feelings?
LHIOB
AG
Im guessing the High Sparrow told Tommen that Lady O had a hand in Joffery's death.
Joan Wilder
AG
That seemed like classic Ramsey, to me.

Sansa urging Jon to go to war reminded me so much of Catelynn advising Robb. She's her mother's daughter for sure. I like the preview of her confronting Littlefinger about Ramsey.

That was an emotional reunion - I forgot how long it's been since they've seen a family face, and how much both have gone through.
Kashchei
AG
Dany's timeline has finally started to move again, but it is still too slow IMO. With her re-leading the Dothraki, combined with the three (?) cities of the east, and the return of her dragons, what is her ultimate endgame?

First she'll have to straighten things out with the slavers (boring). Then afterwards maybe sail to Westoros and team up with Jon after he and the Wildlings recapture Winterfell. Winterfell will be the battlefield to fight the White Walkers. After the WWs are defeated, Dany and Jon turn their attention to King's Landing where (with Tyrion's help) they depose the Lannisters. As the "breaker of chains" Dany abolishes the Iron Throne. She and Jon marry and Westeros lives happily ever after?
Joan Wilder
AG
I also liked that Dany rescued herself, so to speak. I didn't want to see jorah and Dario come in and rescue her. She's proven before that she can lead...can she rule? Now that she has some good advisors, I think that might change. I love the Tyrion and varys dynamic.
Southlake
I think they folly Dany more because she is standing in fire unburnt than the fact that she killed the leaders.

Some pretty poor CSI by the Dothraki leadership in not finding a fatal stab wound and jumping all over the crushed head. "CSI Dothraki"? Nope.

Great lines by the Dothraki Boys against Dani. "I don't know what Targaryn tastes like"; "Well then you can SMD"

I think that just before all hell breaks loose between the Families of Westeros, the White Army will attack forcing the families to ally...
jbanda
AG
How would the high sparrow know that? Did I miss something?
Gameday Bill
AG
I get the backstory R+L=J, Tangaryins, etc., but I don't understand why many are assuming that Jon and Dany will unite (at least not at first). Does anyone see a scenario where they are up against each other before they realize the history of who each other is? Maybe that's where Bran comes in to help unite them.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I'm hesitant to think that the High Sparrow would lie to Tommen or mislead him in an attempt to trick him. He clearly has motives and wants to sway his opinion, but I don't think he would actively try to trick the king.

Also, I don't buy the idea that Cersei is allowing the Tyrell army into King's Landing just to be screwed over. She came up with the idea, she's likely thought all the different scenarios through. More likely is that she just wants the Faith and the Tyrell's to kill each other, and then the King's Guard can clean up the mess.
Seven guys? Seriously?
mhayden
quote:
How would the high sparrow know that? Did I miss something?

They made a point to show her son basically a broken man in the dungeon. IF he knew of the plot, not a stretch to think he gave it up.

Question -- where was the (now dead) Wildling girl and Rickon supposed to be during this time? I forgot when they split from Bran.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Some pretty poor CSI by the Dothraki leadership in not finding a fatal stab wound and jumping all over the crushed head. "CSI Dothraki"? Nope.
The blade went thru his skull and out his mouth. Then Daario crusched the head with a paving stone the size of a cinder block ... how many times? Seven? Eight?

Lucky to recognize that it used to be a head.
BowSowy
AG
I think they split when Bran, Hodor, and the other two went north of the wall. IIRC, Bran told Asha to take Rickon to the Umbers (the people who turned them in last week).
Swarely
Just because this was the best bit of the episode

jbanda
AG
That's interesting. I wonder how good lady O can keep a secret.
smokeythebear
AG
Sorry, meant the Lannister Army. I believe she was talking her Uncle into standing down when the Tyrell army came into town and he is currently the head of the Lannister army.
smokeythebear
AG
Hmmmm, that's a bit of a stretch, though Lady O did passively admit to Margery that she was complicit in the death of Joffrey. Perhaps Margery told Lancel? I duno, that still doesn't explain why the High Sparrow would tell Tommen to "not tell anyone" that Lady O helped kill his brother. Furthermore, it seems like a weird thing to be whispering to his mom about too.
lne2011
AG
Well, it's 6 now, Meryn Trant is dead. I don't think they replaced him yet and Jaime is missing his sword hand, so 5.

This does make me wonder, who is in the Kingsguard now?

Jamie Lannister - Lord Commander
Ser Gregor
Meryn Trant - Deceased
????
????
????
????

There were 3-4 Kingsguard with Tommen when he went to visit the High Sparrow. None were Jaime or Ser Gregor.
Sentinel
AG
Gregor is with Cersei at all times. Jaime is commander of the Kings Guard right? Doubt he'd be that involved in the day to day.
marble rye
AG
I loved this. So nice to see someone beholden to Brienne for once. He's pretty hot also.
Swarely
And he fooked a bear once.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
And he fooked a bear once.

Leo?
wangus12
AG
quote:
Gregor is with Cersei at all times. Jaime is commander of the Kings Guard right? Doubt he'd be that involved in the day to day.
Well there are only 7 of them so he would need to be involved

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.