**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

355,379 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Gangnam Style
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
How many dire wolves are left?
Ghost (Jon)
Nymeria (Arya)
Sh****dog????
SwigAg11
AG
quote:
How many dire wolves are left?

If Sh****dog is dead than only 2 - Ghost and Nymeria.
Vernada
AG
Hold the door
aTmLoKi
AG
quote:
Dire Wolves? Hodor? Am I the only one upset about Max Von Sydow dying? The man is one of the greatest actors of all time!
Max Von Sydow? Was he the guy in the Direwolf costume that died tonight? I thought his growls were some of the best he's done all series!
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
So wargs, at least powerful ones, can change the past to affect the future. This is getting crazy.
I took it to mean it was always meant to happen that way. Like finishing a time travel loop.

Got into a debate with my roommate. Agree with you. The ink is dry.

I took it that while in the past he warged into the young Hodor to take control of him in the present. So he does have the ability to change the past to affect the present/future.

Or does he have the ability to do two things simultaneously in the present?...visit the past and at the same time warg into someone/something in the present. Perhaps he didn't take control of the young Hodor, but because he was in both times Hodor was affected in both times. While in the past Brans eyes didn't turn white and roll up in his head.
BowSowy
AG
quote:
I'm thinking that Bran had to have messed up little Hodor when he looked at him. Why else did the three eyed Raven take him there? Surely not just to show his father leaving for the Eyrie. There was no other reason than for him to be there than to learn that he could go back and change the past to help himself in the present.
Maybe I am completely missing what you are saying, but we clearly saw that Bran turned Wyllis into Hodor.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
So wargs, at least powerful ones, can change the past to affect the future. This is getting crazy.
I took it to mean it was always meant to happen that way. Like finishing a time travel loop.

Got into a debate with my roommate. Agree with you. The ink is dry.

I took it that while in the past he warged into the young Hodor to take control of him in the present. So he does have the ability to change the past to affect the present/future.

Or does he have the ability to do two things simultaneously in the present?...visit the past and at the same time warg into someone/something in the present. Perhaps he didn't take control of the young Hodor, but because he was in both times Hodor was affected in both times. While in the past Brans eyes didn't turn white and roll up in his head.

It's the Terminator version of time travel. It's all one big loop that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Not a Butterfly Effect version of time travel, where they can constantly go back and change things. All IMO of course.
Independent George
AG
I think that one hurt more than Ned, fantastic episode though. A lot of great acting all around, even the guys in the back.

HoldTheDoor.
wangus12
AG
Because the Starks just need more bad **** to happen to them. Bran is gonna wake up to very sad world.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Bran experiences what happens when he's warging, right?
AGeng25
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm thinking that Bran had to have messed up little Hodor when he looked at him. Why else did the three eyed Raven take him there? Surely not just to show his father leaving for the Eyrie. There was no other reason than for him to be there than to learn that he could go back and change the past to help himself in the present.
he did not change the past. he caused the past.
there is a difference.
Bingo.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Bran experiences what happens when he's warging, right?
I believe so. But its not gonna really sink in until he comes back out
4th and Inches
AG
night king origin was cool!
DannyDuberstein
AG
With how tough this show is on wolves/dogs, I think Sarah McLachlen is going to start singing the opening theme song.
smokeythebear
AG
So... Did anyone else connect the effect of Hodor going crazy and just repeating over and over the same phrase with the Description of the Mad King? As Jaime said, "He just keep saying the same thing over and over, 'Burn them! Burn them all!'" Huge leap here, but the Three Eyed Raven said "it is time for you to become me" to Bran when the Night King was at the door. All along he kept telling Bran "you must learn" and I think this is how the Three Eyed Raven taught Bran the consequences of trying to either warg a human or affect the past. I think the Three Eyed Raven caused the Mad King to go mad.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
With how tough this show is on wolves/dogs, I think Sarah McLachlen is going to start singing the opening theme song.

A Sarah McLachlen version of this would be the best thing the Internet has ever made:

Gig-Em2003
AG
So who will survive the extremely ominous trip to Riverrun?
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
The Three Eyed Raven has repeated himself about not staying in the visions for too long. Seems like he might have trouble coming out of one soon, the one with the Night King?

I suspect that he is only saying that as a cover and the visions are actually more than visions, hence Eddard might have heard him yell father.

This is cool, what if it is like he slowly starts to materialize in the scene. He stayed in the tower scene long enough to watch the entire battle, and then his father was able to hear him yell. What if he stays in the white walkers scene long enough that the white walkers start to see him? Perhaps he gets out of it before they could actually TOUCH him, but it could tip off the white walkers that the Three-eyed Raven is spying on them and they may turn to hunt down the Three-eyed Raven and Bran.
Well I was pretty close...

Though a few posts later I said I didn't think we'd get any more from the Hodor story and I was grossly wrong there...
tk for tu juan
Initial telling of how Varys lost his junk from Season 3...
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
So... Did anyone else connect the effect of Hodor going crazy and just repeating over and over the same phrase with the Description of the Mad King? As Jaime said, "He just keep saying the same thing over and over, 'Burn them! Burn them all!'" Huge leap here, but the Three Eyed Raven said "it is time for you to become me" to Bran when the Night King was at the door. All along he kept telling Bran "you must learn" and I think this is how the Three Eyed Raven taught Bran the consequences of trying to either warg a human or affect the past. I think the Three Eyed Raven caused the Mad King to go mad.

That's very intriguing
Really???
quote:
I read reddit too.
Objective Aggie
AG
So I feel like I missed the impact of the Arya storyline. So she trains some more. Gets accused of being too royal / highborn. So she has to murder an actress portaging her family. And there was some revelation about the origins of the faceless man. What did miss there? I couldn't hear for 20 seconds and never rewatched.
Objective Aggie
AG
Two weeks of absolutely incredible endings. Just powerful endings. Unbelievable really.
Really???
Arya keeps entering situations where she's required to be a servant but Arya is no servant. She thinks becoming a faceless man will help her shake off the awfulness of her past life but she's too independent to serve and can't shake off her past life.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Said that the Faceless Men's goals were to Make Westeros Great Again.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Said that the Faceless Men's goals were to Make Westeros Great Again.

Wait, what?
Twice an Aggie
AG
Targaryens are known to often be mad. He was not the first. Theon was driven mad...Ramsay is pure evil. These are the two reasons the mad king earned his name. I think he was just mad.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The pain she feels while watching the reenactment of her family goes to ahow she's not a girl with no name. She's still Arya Stark.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
I read reddit too.
I'm pretty sure the entire Targaryen family has an on/off relationship with having some crazies mixed into the bloodline.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
So I feel like I missed the impact of the Arya storyline. So she trains some more. Gets accused of being too royal / highborn. So she has to murder an actress portaging her family. And there was some revelation about the origins of the faceless man. What did miss there? I couldn't hear for 20 seconds and never rewatched.

Don't overthink it. Without the Arya storyline you don't get to see actress Sansa's tatas. And those made up for each and every one of the shortcomings in the storyline.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't overthink it. Without the Arya storyline you don't get to see actress Sansa's tatas. And those made up for each and every one of the shortcomings in the storyline.
Did it make up for the dong?
Dave Robicheaux
AG
The Iron islands Tilt of power and Euron Greyjoy's drowned God scene was amazing. This season is absolutely one the best.

Duncan Idaho
everything that happened north of the wall was terrible. I mean sub par - terrible, not Ros getting killed terrible.

The FX looked horrible and ,sorry but, the way hodor became hodor was stupid

smokeythebear
AG
I didn't read Reddit, but I suppose it isn't a novel concept. I think plenty of people have the theory Bran went back and did something to drive the king crazy, but this week's episode gives further proof to that theory. Aka, what effects are possible and how that directly correlates with what we know the Mad King was repeatedly saying when he died. I do think it was the Three Eyed Raven though, not Bran.
wangus12
AG
quote:
everything that happened north of the wall was terrible. I mean sub par - terrible, not Ros getting killed terrible.

The FX looked horrible and ,sorry but, the way hodor became hodor was stupid

That's nice

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.