**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

357,053 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How long would it take Jorah to get to the wall?
Quinn
AG
If Jorah is looking for a cure, I don't think he's headed to the wall. Wouldn't he be headed to the Maester training school?
RAT90
AG
I would rather go to the Red Witch Training Center.
Quinn
AG
quote:
That's a high risk - high reward move. Could end up covered in leeches and/or burned at the stake.
Independent George
AG
quote:
What if they dont get their necklaces till after graduation?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
Wait, how can they create their own through newborns?
I assume he means converting the human newborns, i.e. all of Craster's sons.
Crasher had how many wives? Ten, conservatively? Call it four pregnant per year, two babies being male. Craster alone was contributing twenty new WW per decade.

Unlikely that Craster is the only person in the Far North paying protection babies to the WW.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
IMO, Jorah should start his search near that city of mutants that cause grey scale. These are the cities/settlements that will know the most about it.
Swarely
quote:
quote:
That's a high risk - high reward move. Could end up covered in leeches and/or burned at the stake.

smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wait, how can they create their own through newborns?
I assume he means converting the human newborns, i.e. all of Craster's sons.
Crasher had how many wives? Ten, conservatively? Call it four pregnant per year, two babies being male. Craster alone was contributing twenty new WW per decade.

Unlikely that Craster is the only person in the Far North paying protection babies to the WW.
Craster didn't have a bunch of "wives", he was impregnating his daughters. He probably started off with one or two wives and then built up to maybe 8-10 at the age that they could get pregnant.

Either way, the math is more along the lines of this: how many women were at Craster's Keep? It is safe to assume all but one or maybe two of them were born there, so then we can assume the exact same number of males were born there and all of those were either donated or just killed. So we could get to the same number of 20 daughters at the camp and 20 sons who were sacrificed.

That's probably how the transaction started, Craster was originally just taking the boys out to the river and leaving them to die; then one day, a White Walker stumbled upon a crying baby.

Also, I take exception to the idea that there were other wildlings who were paying babies to the WWs. It's not like the White Walkers were putting out fliers or newspaper ads about the going rate for protection. The White Walkers weren't supposed to exist and certainly weren't friendly to any Wildlings they would stumble upon. Mance built up an army to go attack the Nights Watch, not to attack the White Walkers because the White Walkers were still a myth to mainstream Wildlings. And giving up a male heir to the family would be absolutely unheard of in that type of tribal community.
Counterpoint
AG
So how inbred are the WW's?
DannyDuberstein
AG
It takes a cold ptang to handle an ice pr**k.
Teddy Perkins
AG
quote:
I'm thinking Jorah goes to try and find Quaithe in Qarth for help.

I'll keep with my original theory. Jorah goes to find Quaithe. Check out this video where she talks about sailing past Valyria.

M.C. Swag
AG
Brienne also has ties to Bear Island (Jorah's home). There's another connection.
Sentinel
AG
He could also run into Theon.
Kampfers
AG

quote:
Also, I take exception to the idea that there were other wildlings who were paying babies to the WWs. It's not like the White Walkers were putting out fliers or newspaper ads about the going rate for protection. The White Walkers weren't supposed to exist and certainly weren't friendly to any Wildlings they would stumble upon. Mance built up an army to go attack the Nights Watch, not to attack the White Walkers because the White Walkers were still a myth to mainstream Wildlings. And giving up a male heir to the family would be absolutely unheard of in that type of tribal community.
No, Mance built up an army to attack the Nights Watch because he knew that attacking the WW was a suicide mission. He united the tribes (many of which hated each other) because if they did not get south of the wall, they were all going to die.

It was fear of the WW that drove the wildlings south, not some desire to conquer the 7 kingdoms.
boogieman
AG
What if we've come to the end of Jorah's story. That scene felt more like a good bye.
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:
What if we've come to the end of Jorah's story. That scene felt more like a good bye.

Agreed
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

smokeythebear
AG
That's fair, but I still stand by my opinion that Craster was a very unique situation and there likely weren't other wildlings doing the same thing.
Swarely

Quinn
AG
#nice
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TX_AG_10
AG
Can't remember if it's been discussed or if it was mentioned in the episode, but where is Theon and Yara(sp?) headed with all those ships?
Sentinel
AG
Essos most likely.
Counterpoint
AG
(But mostly just away from Euron!)
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Brienne also has ties to Bear Island (Jorah's home). There's another connection.
what connection is that?
Swarely
Supposedly Amanda Peet made an uncredited cameo in the last episode

Y'all think that's her?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That looks nothing like her.
M.C. Swag
AG
My mistake. I thought her father was a lord on bear island
Rocagnante
AG
Good article on the Bran/Hodor time loop. Their take is that time is fixed loop and that Bran was using two powers at the same time (greensight and warg Img) while in the cave.

If you don't want speculation and theories which include book information and a screen grab from the season 6 trailer don't read past the Jack Nicholson "Chinatown" gif.

http://www.geek.com/news/the-consequences-of-the-hodor-loop-on-game-of-thrones-1656077/

marble rye
AG
quote:

Y'all think that's her?

I think it looks like her with a fake/big nose.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
quote:

Y'all think that's her?

I think it looks like her with a fake/big nose.
And isn't she dating or married to one of the showrunners? Could be legit!
ChipFTAC01
AG
What was that scene?

Yes, Peet is married to Benioff.
wangus12
AG
quote:
My mistake. I thought her father was a lord on bear island
No Bear Island is up off the northwest coast of Westeros. Northwest of Winterfell. Brienne of Tarth is from the island of Tarth, located southwest of King's Landing and East of Storm's End. It is ruled by House Tarth, who are loyal/ or were to the the Baratheon's
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
What was that scene?

Yes, Peet is married to Benioff.
Looks like the crowd watching the Kings Landing play spoof where Arya was eyeing the mark.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.