*** The Americans: Season 4 ***

46,817 Views | 348 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Holy crap those scenes from this season that they showed at the end of tonight's episode...

Yep. Looks like some crazy stuff is gonna happen!

So I had the DVR issue and finished it on fx now but the upcoming scenes weren't there. Anyone know where I can see this?
oragator
quote:
quote:
quote:
Holy crap those scenes from this season that they showed at the end of tonight's episode...

Yep. Looks like some crazy stuff is gonna happen!

So I had the DVR issue and finished it on fx now but the upcoming scenes weren't there. Anyone know where I can see this?
It's similar to what's in the last two thirds of this trailer for the season.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/watch-the-americans-season-4-trailer-finds-the-jennings-in-more-trouble-than-ever-20160217
SoTXAg09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's a bacterium, bro.

This is TVland, bro.

Bacteria. Virus. They are all the same to the audience.

Tongue was firmly planted in-cheek.
CowtownAg06
AG
Thanks
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's a bacterium, bro.

This is TVland, bro.

Bacteria. Virus. They are all the same to the audience.

Tongue was firmly planted in-cheek.
as are numerous bacteria!
KidDoc
AG
My Dish DVR actually taped the whole thing which it usually doesn't do, nice previews!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Law361
AG
Why don't more people watch this show?! So good! The waiting from week to week kills me.
Brush Country Ag
AG
We watch it every week. Think the pastor will be KGB ?
oragator
quote:
Why don't more people watch this show?! So good! The waiting from week to week kills me.
I read an article on this recently, the basic just was that the audience skews older, young folks don't watch as much because they can't relate to the era. But good news is that FX management is trying to build a quality brand, so they love the show for its reviews and the prestige it brings the network. Guess we will see after this season whether they mean it or it islip service, but the quote was that they were fine with the ratings.
et98
AG
quote:
We watch it every week. Think the pastor will be KGB ?

No, I think he dies next week.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
Pastor Tim has been a dead man walking for two seasons.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Pretty good episode but more building on stuff than anything happening. Loving all the intrigue and suspense though and moving forward a bit in the period with the computer and some other references.

Except Philip killing the guard of course.

And what the heck was Nina thinking....dumb move.

Pastor Tim needs to pray for a miracle....but something weird is going on with Philip and the EST stuff and guilt over prior killings. He seems hesitant to kill Pastor Tim for more than just alienating Paige. And then Elizabeth having the nightmare...maybe they both get cold feet and back out somehow. Seemed from the previews like they confront him and then it seems like the home office indicates they will take care of it - maybe they can make it seem more like an accident and where her parents have a rock solid alibi. We shall see.
Quad Dog
AG
This show has always been great incorporating 80s music into the show. Tainted Love on the bus last night was another great example.

The bacteria they can't get rid of and is stuck in their house is a pretty good metaphor for the Paige situation right now. No way the Pastor dies in any way, or else they lose Paige. They'll start by threatening him and his wife.
Pahdz
Yeah they can't kill Tim, if they do Paige is a goner.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
unless they can.....(channeling The Grinder lol).....

but sure they can...it's a TV show....hell i could see Paige doing it...a little foreshadowing with Philip and his first at 10 years old with the rock ...Paige stumbles into some weird situation (like the dream) and the pastor is actually threatening and/or kicking the ass of one of her parents maybe Elizabeth in this case and given a choice Paige chooses family and whacks him in the head with a frying pan or something and kills him. they cover for it/her and dispose of the body and then she is in......

MW13
AG
Except for the fact Elizabeth would absolutley destroy Pastor Tim.
Law361
AG
What is the deal with the Korean woman that Elizabeth is hanging out with? Is her husband important?
SeattleAgJr
Yeah. I missed that connection as well.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I don't think we are supposed to know or need to know yet. Read the Hitfix review and it mentions the Korean woman but says we, the audience, have no idea yet what they need her for....or her husband.

How many knew that EPCOT meant - Experimental Prototype City of Tomorrow - the title of the episode???

aTmAg
AG
Walt Disney originally envisioned EPCOT to be the perfect planned city that people would actually live in. After he died, the Disney staff changed it into another set of attractions.
gravy97
AG
quote:
I don't think we are supposed to know or need to know yet. Read the Hitfix review and it mentions the Korean woman but says we, the audience, have no idea yet what they need her for....or her husband.
Phillip asked Elizabeth 'Are you getting in there?'... she said 'yes'... and I think that is all I recall for any discussion outside of the makeup talk. Obviously there is a bigger need to get in with them beyond a Mary Kay makeup commercial... or maybe the russians need the lip waxing secrets... but I guess we'll have to wait and see what the connection is
Brush Country Ag
AG
I remember on a previous episode where the guy they are getting the germ warfare vials from is not on the highest level in that institution, and that the Center wants to infiltrate that level. I am assuming the Korean guy is on that level, but I could be very wrong.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:

How many knew that EPCOT meant - Experimental Prototype City of Tomorrow - the title of the episode???

I thought I knew, but I always thought it was 'community of tomorrow' until I saw the episode title.
TriAg2010
AG
Been a relatively slow season so far. Someone gonna get burned in a tire soon.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

I thought I knew, but I always thought it was 'community of tomorrow' until I saw the episode title.

Well after i posted I read that it was community originally but that Disney himself used city or community interchangeably. Both were commonly used. Not sure what's official. In fact it became simply Epcot center at some point. No longer an acronym. Kinda like how A&M no longer stands for agricultural and mechanical. It's just A&M.
Pahdz
quote:
Been a relatively slow season so far. Someone gonna get burned in a tire soon.

Action wise yes, but the storyline so far is kick ass
Bunbury
AG
For me, this show does one of the best jobs at conveying the ongoing and overwhelming dread and exhaustion that comes with these characters. The moments of levity are so few and far between, and it was interesting that Elizabeth mentioned that her Mary Kay outing was 'different.. and fun.' That coupled with the pepper dance was nice that some light material was given to someone other than Henry.

But I can understand why it may struggle to pick up viewers. The tone of the show is relentless, and a lot of people may not want that out of a TV show.
J.P. 03
AG
First 59 minutes of tonight's episode: "Ugh, I feel like I'm watching the Breaking Bad 'fly' episode all over again."
Last minute of tonight's episode: "Holy ***********!!!"
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ummmmmmm................Holy ****!!!!!!
Pahdz
We were just saying right before that happened, "what the hell are they doing with her storyline?"

So you think Oleg went home already, and then when he finds out they killed her he maybe flips sides? I wasn't really shocked by that ending.
et98
AG
Any time the characters who speak Russian come on the screen, I tune out until they show the English-speakers again. I enjoyed the Nina story line back before they shipped her off to Russia, but after that, I just didn't care about her any more. I honestly have no idea what's going on with her or any of the Russian-speakers...literally nothing.

Hopefully they'll shift more focus on the story lines I care about:
Elizabeth & Phil (marital problems, conflicts between American vs Russian lifestyles, juggling spy career with parenthood, etc)
Paige knowing the secret
Pastor Tim
Stan secretly spying on Elizabeth & Phil
Phil & Martha
Martha getting uncovered by the FBI
Conflicts between Phil & Elizabeth and the Center and their handlers
The spy story of the week

With all this going on, I don't think we need the Russian plot lines to fill out the show.
oragator
I honestly thought they were gearing up to get her out and bring her back as a double agent or a girl in the run kind of thing.
Totally shocked by that ending.
aTmAg
AG
That dude wasn't kidding when he said, "shortly".
Jim01
AG
Nina!!!! You'll live on in my fap sessions dreams.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
First 59 minutes of tonight's episode: "Ugh, I feel like I'm watching the Breaking Bad 'fly' episode all over again."
Last minute of tonight's episode: "Holy ***********!!!"
Yeah, I was watching the episode passively until that moment. Buh bye.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.