*** The Americans: Season 4 ***

46,637 Views | 348 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Agmaniacmike12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Season premiere on Wednesday night.

Positive reviews on Metacritic with a 91 average and two perfect scores.
SeattleAgJr
still need to watch season 3 before that date....
Quinn
AG
My favorite show - can't wait!
john2002ag
Where can you watch old episodes? My fx app doesn't have them.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think they are available on Amazon Prime.
oragator
Yeah, gonna be cool.
Hope it isn't the last season!
Pahdz
Pissed I am gonna miss the premiere since I'll be in Mexico #firstworldproblems
oragator
quote:
Meixco's the first world now?
Pahdz
quote:
quote:
Meixco's the first world now?
No, was saying I shouldn't be complaining
jabberwalkie09
AG
It returns tonight!
aTmAg
AG
To get this thread going:

So last thing that happened is that his daughter told the preacher about her parents. What I expect will happen now is that he will encourage her to tell the authorities. She will push back and say no. He will tell her something to the effect or, "either you do with me, or I will alone". She will then tell her parents, and they will either scare the preacher straight, or flat out have him killed. It seems like it could get really ugly.

The writers have sorta written themselves into a corner. I'm wondering out how they will get themselves out of it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The writers have sorta written themselves into a corner. I'm wondering out how they will get themselves out of it.
I'm thinking that Elizabeth gets dirt on the preacher and blackmails him, or she just kills him. I'm leaning toward the latter given how that is her normal solution to things. Though I think it would also be a great idea to have him as a KGB plant by the Center to try and develop Paige into becoming a spy.

I think the more pressing matter IMO is how Phillip's friendship with Stan's ex-wife and Stan will pan out. If Stan gets pissed at him and starts to dig, how close will Stan get to the truth? I mean it was practically right in front of him and he dismissed it once or twice before, but this could kick it to a new level. Not only that, but Stan is also closer to Henry than I'd argue that Phillip or Elizabeth are.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm thinking that Elizabeth gets dirt on the preacher and blackmails him, or she just kills him. I'm leaning toward the latter given how that is her normal solution to things. Though I think it would also be a great idea to have him as a KGB plant by the Center to try and develop Paige into becoming a spy.
I don't think they have the time. The preacher could just turn them in with a phone call right away. I think that he gets killed shortly after they discover he knows. Like perhaps kill him and make it look like an auto accident and hope like hell Paige buys it. I personally think having him be a KGB plant would be a jump the shark moment.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I don't think they have the time. The preacher could just turn them in with a phone call right away. I think that he gets killed shortly after they discover he knows. Like perhaps kill him and make it look like an auto accident and hope like hell Paige buys it. I personally think having him be a KGB plant would be a jump the shark moment.
Yeah, IIRC they made that guy that Phillip killed look like a suicide so it's not outside the realm of possibility. Maybe plant isn't the best way to term it, but maybe a better way is sympathizer of the cause. IMO we already know that the Center in the past has kept tabs on Phillip and Elizabeth, so having other sympathizers doesn't seem too far outside of possibility.
J.P. 03
AG
Holy crap those scenes from this season that they showed at the end of tonight's episode...
AggieGirl35
AG
My piece of sh*t DVR cut off the end of the episode. What happened?
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
Did you guys all know Matt Rhys and Keri Russel were a real life couple? I didn't until very recently. I know she was married when the show started, but don't know how that all ended. Their onscreen chemistry has been apparent from the jump though.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Did you guys all know Matt Rhys and Keri Russel were a real life couple? I didn't until very recently. I know she was married when the show started, but don't know how that all ended. Their onscreen chemistry has been apparent from the jump though.
she apparently also just hatched a spawn between the two of them.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
they pick up a sample of the virus.
get back home.
Stan confronts Philip about being seen with Stan's wife at the restaurant.
Philip tells Stan he has been going to EST meetings with Sandra.
Stan slams Philip up against the wall, then stalks off.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
quote:
get back home.
Don't forget...the fragile glass virus vial was in Phillip's pocket when Stan slams him against the wall!
J.P. 03
AG
quote:
quote:
she apparently also just hatched a spawn between the two of them.

According to the show's creators, a fun little game you can play while watching Season 4 is to look out for all the things they did to hide her baby bump while shooting. Apparently they used a lot of winter coats with her hands in the front pockets (saw this last night), times you only see her from behind or from the shoulders up, or times when she's carrying something in front of her like a laundry basket.
SoTXAg09
AG
quote:
quote:
get back home.

It's a bacterium, bro.
cr0wbar
AG
It's not your ****ty DVR- It's FX deciding that Americans is 1:12 minutes rather than 60 minutes like EVERY OTHER SHOW.

Now I'm changing the settings to record 30 minutes past just in case they want to change it up again!

jabberwalkie09
AG
To be fair, FX has done this with a lot of their shows. They did it with Justified and they do it with The Strain.
SoTXAg09
AG
My dvr was set for 1:12, but still stopped recording early
Paladin05
AG
I thought the season premiere was good, but not great. It feels like they're still trying to wrap up several Season 3 storylines, of which there were many, while adding a few new ones. It made for an episode that was all over the place, but not anywhere for very long. Too much going on, in my opinion.

I like the idea of the pastor being a KGB plant or sympathizer. In an earlier season, Claudia told them that the Centre had someone on Paige, and I think very shortly after that she made friends with someone from the church. Could have been coincidence, but I will be impressed if it wasn't.
AggieGirl35
AG
Same here. So annoying.
Mr. White
Who is the lady that's sleeping with Stan and saw Philip and Sandra together?
cr0wbar
AG
Took me a while to remember as well- don't remember her name.

Stan met her at that group help meeting - they went out and had some drinks last season- started sleeping together.

Does anyone remember the FBI guy that was killed? I'll have to look him up- very forgettable character I guess
Squirrel Master
AG
He was a throwaway character who we only met briefly last year... he was questioned a few times by the mole hunter guy and gave off a suspicious vibe to him, so thats why he was targeted.
Squirrel Master
AG
Apparently I need to be thankful for Uverse that they know how long episodes are and I don't have to do that for myself. All FX shows get the leeway to make the eps whatever length they need. Between Fargo, OJ, and Americans, you get eps that run anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half.
Hannah McKay
AG
Just finished the episode with FXNow so I didn't have any problems with it cutting off

I'm not very picky about my shows as far as comparing seasons goes...as long as it keeps me entertained I'm happy...with that said I'm pretty excited about this series ESPECIALLY given the previews!
ellebee
quote:
Holy crap those scenes from this season that they showed at the end of tonight's episode...

Yep. Looks like some crazy stuff is gonna happen!
Bunbury
AG
Did anyone else notice the guy in the flat hat/beret that was at each of their 3 attempts to get the Flanders? Was he the young trainee Elizabeth worked with last year? Or was that supposedly someone from FBI following the guy?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
It's a bacterium, bro.

This is TVland, bro.

Bacteria. Virus. They are all the same to the audience.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.