*** THE FANTASTIC FOUR ***

29,451 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by rhutton125
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Pretty short, but still cool interviews with Simon Kinberg and Josh Trank about casting each role. Trank nails it on the head about Jordan being a guy who you want to hang out with and root for. I am getting pretty excited for this one. Curious to see how much more they show in the next trailer and what the reaction is to it.

And these interviews were on...something? Or you're talking about the ones in th OP?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The problem is, rebooting a movie that most people gave a solid "meh" to isn't going to get a lot of "I'll give it a chance" business. The first two FF's had Jessica Alba in them for god's sake and I still didn't really care. About the only thing they did do is get Chris Evans on the radar to be Cap, and prove again and again that Michael Chiklis peaked as Vic Mackey and it's all downhill from there.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
quote:
Pretty short, but still cool interviews with Simon Kinberg and Josh Trank about casting each role. Trank nails it on the head about Jordan being a guy who you want to hang out with and root for. I am getting pretty excited for this one. Curious to see how much more they show in the next trailer and what the reaction is to it.

And these interviews were on...something? Or you're talking about the ones in th OP?
Whoops! Forgot to link http://screencrush.com/fantastic-four-trank-casting-video/
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Whoops! Forgot to link http://screencrush.com/fantastic-four-trank-casting-video/
Interesting listens, thanks. I have to admit they're at least casting actors who can legitimately act in these roles, will be interesting to see how they tell the story.
fig96
AG
First clear image of the Thing.

http://collider.com/fantastic-four-images-the-thing/
Sex Panther
AG
Much better than the last time

MGS
Where are his eye brows?
TCTTS
AG
Full trailer is up...

jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm sure I'll see it, but Star Wars stole the thunder for well everything this weekend.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Ok, so obviously N-verse/Ultimates version of the Fantastic Four. Wasn't a very popular comic run, but that's hard to judge against F4, we'll see how it translates to film.
AgMarauder04
AG
I liked it
Aggie_Journalist
AG
That looks awful.

Why does it seem like everyone is trying to push their trailer out this weekend? SW, JP, BvS, and now Fantastic 4 all in a 5 day span? That's nuts. Does everyone feel the need to just post it and get it out of the way before Age of Ultron takes over the summer?
KidDoc
AG
I liked the trailer. Not sure how I feel about their Doom though I kinda like the old school iron mask.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AliasMan02
AG
Huh. Spit in the eye of all of the people complaining about Johnny being adopted, huh?

I think the visuals look great, especially Thing. The Negative Zone angle is much better than what we've seen before. I also love the casting of Doom.

Film has a LOT to overcome on perception, no matter how good it is.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Huh. Spit in the eye of all of the people complaining about Johnny being adopted, huh?

I think the visuals look great, especially Thing. The Negative Zone angle is much better than what we've seen before. I also love the casting of Doom.

Film has a LOT to overcome on perception, no matter how good it is.
Yeah, that comment about Johnny was my first thought as well (although "spit in the eye" is a bit strong...).

I thought it looked good, actually.
MGS
So the Thing, is his dork made out of orange rock like the rest of his body?
wangus12
AG
quote:
Does everyone feel the need to just post it and get it out of the way before Age of Ultron takes over the summer?

Pretty much seems that way.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
Does everyone feel the need to just post it and get it out of the way before Age of Ultron takes over the summer?

It's to attach their trailers TO Age of Ultron, not get out of its way.
BigRobSA
Definitely looks better than I originally thought it would....but it kind of had to being as I figured it would be "Straight-to-video"-ish in the first place. Will still probably see it in the theater.

Maybe the NEXT reboot of FF will be even better.
LeonardSkinner
Cautiously optimistic.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
So the Thing, is his dork made out of orange rock like the rest of his body?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
it's going to suffer the way the Judge Dredd reboot suffered. Most people (including me) never saw the new Dredd because all we knew about it was the cheeseball Stallone movie from the 1990s. I have heard the new one with Karl Urban is great, but I'm probably just never going to see it because of attrition.

When I think of the FF movies, I think "it must be Sunday afternoon on FX" not "Oh yea, get me to theater."
KidDoc
AG
Dredd was pretty dang good. I watched it on Netflix a few months ago.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AMW2010
AG
I doubt any of y'all will agree with me, but I thought the first fantastic 4's were good, silver sucre was ok... I saw them on tv, not In The theatre...

Just saw the trailer on jimmy kimmel...first thoughts were meh... Looked better than that first trailer. Michael Jordan was on and jimmy asked about him being black, and his "sister" is white... He pretty much was like anyone who ask about that are ignorant. I'm not excited about a black torch, but I don't really care much about the fantastic 4
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I second this. I thought that the reboot was better than the Stallone version. It's a damn shame that it won't get a sequel.
PatAg
AG
Dredd was insanely good. As cheesily bad/fun as the first one was, this is just a good action movie.
fig96
AG
quote:
I was going to recommend watching it on Netflix as it's definitely, at worst, worth the watch, but it seems to have gone back to DVD only land.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Michael Jordan was on and jimmy asked about him being black, and his "sister" is white... He pretty much was like anyone who ask about that are ignorant. I'm not excited about a black torch, but I don't really care much about the fantastic 4
Ignorant because in the books Johnny is white, but in 2015 we have to go the PC route and change things up, and so people ask about it. Got it.
double aught
AG
It's got potential. I like the casting.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's to attach their trailers TO Age of Ultron, not get out of its way.

Ah. Thanks for the answer.
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:
Michael Jordan was on and jimmy asked about him being black, and his "sister" is white... He pretty much was like anyone who ask about that are ignorant. I'm not excited about a black torch, but I don't really care much about the fantastic 4
Ignorant because in the books Johnny is white, but in 2015 we have to go the PC route and change things up, and so people ask about it. Got it.

See, I have a problem with his comments. I don't have a problem with this particular change, but they are the ones who made a change from the source material that has been around for longer than the actor has been alive. People are going to question it and that doesn't mean they are necessarily disagreeing with it nor are they ignorant.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

See, I have a problem with his comments. I don't have a problem with this particular change, but they are the ones who made a change from the source material that has been around for longer than the actor has been alive. People are going to question it and that doesn't mean they are necessarily disagreeing with it nor are they ignorant.
Exactly.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Seconded. Having some horrible reaction to the change is one thing, but there's nothing wrong with simply asking about it.
AMW2010
AG
I mean it has nothkng to do with color... To me I like my characters to resemble to comics... White torch, spider man as a black guy, captain America is
ack and Thor the GOD of lightning is a WOMEN?!? What's next a white black panther? And what pisses me off is male models on the price is right!

The only character that I don't mind being black is Nick Fury, he was white in the comics, but I was not familiar with him until his character came to tv, and now I can't see him any other way
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
And what pisses me off is male models on the price is right!
Talmbout!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.