Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11-like Terrorist Attack

28,658 Views | 334 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by el aggie
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
this time, y'all are going to win

#theycantakeourlivesbuttheyllnevertakeourfreedom
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Now another movie has been cancelled because of this
wesag
AG
Sony beat RCA again?
Wrec86 Ag
It's times like these I'm glad I'm not in charge of anything important like that.

I would pull some childish crap like dropping naked pictures of Kim Jong Un all over the country along with cell phones with instructions and Internet capability.
Bunk Moreland
Breaking: Photos of the hack released

Tobias Funke
AG
Breaking: Feds set to confirm NK responsible for the hack
reb,
AG
quote:
It's times like these I'm glad I'm not in charge of anything important like that.

I would pull some childish crap like dropping naked pictures of Kim Jong Un all over the country along with cell phones with instructions and Internet capability.
Not quite your idea but there's an existing playbook for this. This article came out yesterday and is about activists in South Korea who float balloons with all sorts of stuff (dvds, leaflets, radios) from the outside world over North Korea, which have an acid-based timer to pop them and fall to the countryside.

Sony Hack: Activists to Drop 'Interview' DVDs Over North Korea Via Balloon

quote:
"I realized that Titanic showed me a human story about love, beauty, humanity it gave me a taste of freedom," she said in Oslo. "A man willing to die for a woman it changed my thinking. It changed the way I saw the regime and the endless propaganda. Titanic made me realize that I was controlled by the regime."

It's good stuff.
reb,
AG
quote:
Breaking: Feds set to confirm NK responsible for the hack
From what I've been hearing on CNN, an official response by the administration is coming tomorrow.

Not really a topic for this board, but for years the developed world has been able to evade the question of when/if to respond to cyber warfare with military force, and things like this are pushing us ever closer to the point where something has to give. Someone is going to have to come up with a policy for a new type of threat and make that the official position of the USA.
reb,
AG

quote:
Bryan Bishop @bcbishop
Sony now saying the studio has no further release plans for The Interview. No DVD, no VOD; nada. http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/17/7412393/sony-cancels-the-interview-release-after-theaters-pull-out
Silver Arrows
AG
quote:

quote:
Bryan Bishop @bcbishop
Sony now saying the studio has no further release plans for The Interview. No DVD, no VOD; nada. http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/17/7412393/sony-cancels-the-interview-release-after-theaters-pull-out

Ridiculous
Texaggie7nine
The terrorists won
7nine
TCTTS
AG
The movie WILL be released. Some how, some way. Just not right now. Sony's basically saying, "Give us a few while we get our sh*t together."
TCTTS
AG
That said, screeners are out there. Lots of people have them. And it's only matter of a days (if even a day) before a copy leaks online. Sony definitely needs to try and head that off at the pass by announcing a VOD release relatively soon, if at all possible.
Tobias Funke
AG
TC- any chance Sony ends up making their money back, or even make a crapload, by releasing this VOD and creating some sort of anti-backlash phenomenon where EVERYONE wants to see it?

Or are they pretty much sunk no matter what? I don't know enough about film release economics, but I do know everywhere I look is an advertisement for The Interview
TCTTS
AG
^ There's definitely a chance they can at least make their money back. Sony cancelled all marketing starting today, which will save them millions. And I read that all-in - between the budget for the movie itself, and then whatever marketing they've done up until this point - is "only" $70-$80M total. That said, no VOD release has ever made anywhere even remotely close to that, but then again, we've never seen a movie like this released on VOD. And yes, the anti-backlash aspect could definitely play a huge factor. So it's hard to tell. There's also the chance that after all this blows over (IF it blows over), Sony releases the movie theatrically this summer or something. There are still so many variables at this point.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Is there a chance Sony is reacting based on knowing that the hackers are still holding something very damning over their heads? Maybe that will keep them from trying to recoup their losses by some other kind of release?
TCTTS
AG
Absolutely.
hunter2012
AG
Let the politics board the movie will not be released on DVD either. Talk about a total cave in...
YellowPot_97
AG
what a bunch of ****ing cowards
cone
AG
quote:
Sony now saying the studio has no further release plans for The Interview. No DVD, no VOD; nada.
cowards
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They must still have some really bad info on Sony that they haven't put out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Really good timeline of the whole hack here: http://deadline.com/2014/12/sony-hack-timeline-any-pascal-the-interview-north-korea-1201325501/
reb,
AG
its time like this that i turn to the timeless wisdom of InfoSec Taylor Swift:

Simplebay
AG
This is the scene that caused them to cancel it. How long until the rest of the movie hits

20ag07
What happened to The Debt and his strong conspiracy claims? Are Sony and the entertainment media still in bed to drive new VOD records that exceed the $100M domestic box office this was expected to do? Is this all an elaborate ploy to get Netflix to overpay for exclusive rights?

I demand corporate conspiracy answers.
Carlo4
AG
Did the terrorists get pissed when we dropped a bomb (and a piano) on Saddam in Hot Shots?

Deputy Travis Junior
I've been mulling this whole thing over for the last 3 minutes and I think I've figured out the perfect way to salvage a bad situation.

1) Borrow/rent a black suburban with tinted windows
2) Dress in black suit + sunglasses. And get one of those ear speakers
3) Drive to Lizzy Caplan's house and tell her I'm a CIA officer that's been assigned to protect her
4) Have sex with Lizzy Caplan

This is not my only good idea; I have more.
phatbc
DTJ
jackie childs
quote:
The movie WILL be released. Some how, some way. Just not right now. Sony's basically saying, "Give us a few while we get our sh*t together."
kim jong un could be very well die of old age before sony gets its sh*t together. on the bright side, we could finally see the movie then. nobody seemed to have a problem with hitler's demise in inglorious basterds
cone
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Is there a chance Sony is reacting based on knowing that the hackers are still holding something very damning over their heads?
Do the people at Sony seriously think the hackers are going to not release more stuff now that the studio has caved in on releasing this movie?
zgood10
AG
quote:
quote:
kim jong un could be very well die of old age before sony gets its sh*t together. on the bright side, we could finally see the movie then. nobody seemed to have a problem with hitler's demise in inglorious basterds
Well, Hitler had been dead for 64 years
jackie childs
quote:
quote:
quote:
was kinda my point...that it could be a really long time before sony gets their sh*t together
cone
AG
quote:

The Great Dictator (1940)
cone
AG
quote:
Do the people at Sony seriously think the hackers are going to not release more stuff now that the studio has caved in on releasing this movie?
they'll now demand a pro-NorKo film be made

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.