Resurrecting THE PROJECTION LIST and I need some TexAgs feedback…

36,684 Views | 408 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LeFraud
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe even make a stock frame to put around a movie poster or graphic.

Include your site name, the movie title and the date all big and bold.
TCTTS
AG
Really good ideas. Thanks, guys.

I'm sticking with no photos for the update posts for now, but the day the site launches, and there's a URL I can link to, I'll start adding photos.
Pro Ag
AG
Good to know you would keep the older dates for some period of time! That's an added bonus for a user like me.
TCTTS
BEaggie08
AG
When!?!?!?!?!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Still waiting.
TCTTS
AG
At the absolute latest, it's looking like Tuesday, September 2, which is the day after Labor Day, and the first week of the fall schedule, which seems the most appropriate at this point. If we can have it done before then, great, but the company building the site is backed up with other projects, and since mine is already WAY over schedule (I think we all bit off a bit more than we can chew), it's having to take somewhat of a backseat to those. Still, they have about a week left of work to do, and then I probably have about two weeks worth of work after that with the data entry (which I can't finish until certain sections are complete on the backend), and then I'll be ready to go. Trust me, no one is more frustrated/excited than I am.
BEaggie08
AG
Thanks for the update. Good luck!
TCTTS
Saxsoon
AG
TC, any chance of you partnering with TexAgs and potentially get a link to your new website at the top of the entertainment board?
TCTTS
AG
That's a great idea. I'm definitely going to do some advertising, but not immediately out of the gate. I'll do a big post on launch day, and hopefully that will stay on the front page for a few days and help with exposure. But after the site launches I want to work any kinks out, get opinions from both you guys and industry types, and then early in the new year I want to do an update to the site, THEN do some legit advertising. The version coming out hopefully in a couple weeks will be like 90% of where I ultimately want to it to be. I've already got a ideas for a couple of extra features, and I want to add just a touch more flair to the design itself, which is pretty straightforward as of now. Things are too far along at this point to implement that kind of stuff right now, though. I just need to get it out there at this point and see what happens. Kind of a "soft launch," even though I'll be posting here, and sending it to hundred of sites, industry professional, friends, family, etc. Point is, I want a near-perfect version implemented, with all my ideas and feedback from others, before buying ad space. I have publicist friends who've said they can get in magazines and what not, but I just don't want to do so prematurely. Also, there's the off chance that it catches on before then and I won't really need advertising. But that's probably wishful thinking.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
TC, any chance of you partnering with TexAgs and potentially get a link to your new website at the top of the entertainment board?

Love this idea... Looks good if I do say so myself.

Sex Panther
AG
TC let me know if you want me to take that down, in case you don"t want the logo out.

Also, just noticed there"s another twitter account with The Projection List. Some random movie blog. You had any trouble with them?
TCTTS
AG
Ha! That"s so awesome, SP. After seeing that, I"m all in.

I wonder if I can buy just like a week or so worth of ad placement during the week I launch? Will shoot TexAgs an email in the next couple of days and see what I can do.
TCTTS
AG
No worries at all. The logo"s on the blog, which is already out there.

And yeah, I saw that twitter account a few weeks back. They"re no bodies. I"ve already secured The Projection List, LLC and made it all super-official that way. Plus, I technically had the name before they did back in 2011. Either way, I"d never even heard of them before I did a search, and have never seen anyone reference them.
Sex Panther
AG
Maybe they"ll give you a discount? I mean you"ve been a member since 2004, and used to work in the production studios of the athletic department right?

Besides, I doubt anyone else has really been lining up for that spot anyway... Who knows, maybe just wishful thinking. Would definitely be cool though.
Saxsoon
AG
I was definitely thinking texags would have no problem helping another aggie Web page startup.
TCTTS
AG
I just checked the media kit page and it looks like all the various options require a 12-month commitment. Don"t think I can afford to go that route right now, but I"ll email them and see if there are any other options/exemptions...

http://texags.com/s/5621/media-kit-details
BarryProfit
Bunk Moreland
Great to see this so close to coming together.
jeffk
AG
quote:
I just checked the media kit page and it looks like all the various options require a 12-month commitment. Don"t think I can afford to go that route right now, but I"ll email them and see if there are any other options/exemptions...

http://texags.com/s/5621/media-kit-details

Sounds like someone needs a kickstarter project.
Saxsoon
TCTTS
AG
Ha, that's not a bad idea, but I think I've got it covered. We'll see, though.

I can afford to advertise, I just need to first figure out where best to spend that money. I thought it over since last night, and I'm going to wait to even do the TexAgs advertising. I've basically solidified exactly what I want to do for phase two of the site, and I may try and get that started immediately after launch. It's not much. I'll listen to any feedback and incorporate that as well, but I think I could get the "final" / phase two version of the site out within a couple months, depending the availability of the design team I've been working with. During that time I'll meet with the two publicists I know and strategize with them. I definitely want to do at least one billboard in Los Angeles, along with a magazine mention. Then, depending on how much that costs, I may do some kind of TexAgs or Reddit advertising as well, if not a few other sites. It all depends on my initial audience size, and how confident I am that I can make it all worth it.

So, in short, the 90% / "soft launch" version of the site should hit in a couple weeks, then the ultimate version (hopefully) a couple months after that, at which point I'd like to have some kind of coinciding marketing push, going into the new year.
Saxsoon
AG
Put you money on billboard advertising and what you just mentioned. Unless you get a MASSIVE cut from TexAgs to advertise, it isn't even worth it.
TCTTS
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Texags advertising would be too much for what you are going to get traffic wise from here seeing as how we are all salivating to use your site anyways
schmendeler
AG
yeah, i think we already want to use your site. not sure how many more views you'd get.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dang it TC stop bumping this with thumbs up unless your site is live. I keep thinking it's finally up and I get excited to see it.
Saxsoon
AG
I think the same thing
TCTTS
AG
Ha! Rest assured, I'll be doing a brand new thread the second the site launches.

The programmers did a big update over the weekend, and I'd say it's 99% complete on their end. There are still a few minor nips and tucks needed here and there, and a couple of things left to finish in the CMS/backend, but overall it looks good to go. And I have to say, it's kind of surreal to be looking at a fully-functional version of the site after all this time.

I hate trying to set date (because I've been wrong about a dozen times before), but I'm currently aiming for Tuesday, September 23. Two weeks from tomorrow. Now that I can start entering in listings for the final couple of categories, it should take roughly two weeks for me to do so, and for any potential lingering bugs to be addressed along the way.

Either way, I can't wait.
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
Texags advertising would be too much for what you are going to get traffic wise from here seeing as how we are all salivating to use your site anyways
I agree. I also think you'll do just fine with word-of-mouth on TexAgs.
TajMaballer
AG
Love following TPL on twitter! Definitely buying Captain America tomorrow now!
TCTTS
AG
Great to hear. The weekly release social media posts are basically just the highlights of each week. There are more releases listed on the site each week, and once the main URL is active, I'll link to each respective category in each Twitter/Facebook post.
BEaggie08
AG
How's it coming along? Need.The.Projection.List.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.