Resurrecting THE PROJECTION LIST and I need some TexAgs feedback…

36,673 Views | 408 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LeFraud
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So... exactly one year (and two days) since starting this thread, finally...

THE PROJECTION LIST

*** AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT POST THIS LINK ANYWHERE, EMAIL IT OUT, OR TELL ANYONE YET ***

I'm officially launching either Monday or Tuesday of next week, at which point I'll start a new thread for the announcement and ask everyone and their dog to blast this out to everyone they know. I have a very specific rollout planned on launch day, and I don't want the site to "leak" before the listings are complete. There are still a TON of movie titles and TV shows - both from earlier this year and in the future - left to be entered across all categories, and it's going to take me right up until Sunday or Monday night to finish. To that point, please be aware that a sizable chunk of this info is incomplete, and portions of the current listings are inaccurate. I've been updating the site for months, and just haven't had time to amend some of the info that's changed since it was first announced.

Also, I ask that you guys please save any questions, suggestions, or movie talk for the thread next week, so more people can potentially participate. That, I don't want to have to answer/explain a bunch of stuff twice. I'm all for brief, general first impressions here, but please save the bulk of the discussion for next week, if possible. The only reason I'm even posting this now is because the programmers thought it best the to have the URL go live before the launch, many of you already know the address, knew it was launching soon, and I didn't want a live link posted by someone else before I could head it off at the pass.

Anyway, again, I'll get way more in depth next week, but in the meantime, basically consider this a tease; a preview screening of sorts, with the official premiere just around the corner. So glad it's almost here.

Thanks, guys!

(Note: the mobile version is quite different - and has far less functionality than - the desktop version)
schmendeler
AG
first! looks good at first impression!
Malachi Constant
AG
Couldn't get rid of the "rotate your device for a better experience" notice on my iPhone, so now I'm on the desktop version and it's awesome!
Bunk Moreland
I rotated on my iPhone and it went away.

First impressions from my ivory throne this morning is it looks great!

I'll check it out more when I get to the office!
DB Coach
AG
Looks great!!!
Bunk Moreland
Opened it up at work and there seem to be some bugs when viewing in Firefox. Links not clickable, and when they do there's no content.
Saxsoon
AG
Just as a heads up, but I having the same issue with chrome on Android about rotating. It could have something more to do with specific mobile browsers as to why it works for some and not others.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Opened it up at work and there seem to be some bugs when viewing in Firefox. Links not clickable, and when they do there's no content.
Same on Chrome. None of the links are clickable. Main page looks great though, looks very promising.
Saxsoon
AG
And damn, the web filter at work won't let access has it hasn't verified it's security
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
quote:
Same on Chrome. None of the links are clickable. Main page looks great though, looks very promising.
I'm viewing on Chrome at work with no issues.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not sure what the issue is then. Tried on IE and it works fine. Looks good.
Sex Panther
AG
The links weren't clickable for me either until I turned off Adblock. It looks great though!

I think this will become very useful for those in the industry TC.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah, gotcha. TC, is that an issue y'all know about?

And yes, this thing will be a smash hit, no question. I don't see how this doesn't become the go-to resource for release dates for all industry types.
TCTTS
AG
This is all good to hear.

- Overall, the mobile version is/was the trickiest part. With no rhyme or reason, certain buttons work on most iPhone 6s, but not all, there would be inconsistent issues on the exact same models of Android phones, etc. The problem is, it's only me and a small team of programmers. That said, we've tested on every major device, on both Safari and Chrome, and it got to a point where literally every last bug was addressed to the best of our abilities on our end. If there's an existing problem, it has something to do with the phone itself that's out of our control. For instance, the buttons in the bottom black bar on all versions of the iPhone 6 Plus straight up don't work. The programmers have been trying for WEEKS to figure it out, but can't get to the bottom of it. At this point, they're just waiting for some kind of official documentation from Apple as to what the deal is.

- That said, we didn't test near as much on Android devices. Android users, could you be specific with the issues you're having? Maybe even provide the model number and Chrome version you're using?

- On the desktop, Chrome and Safari are by far the two most used browsers, and we tested and tested on both browsers, on multiple computers, and those two browsers *should* be good to go. We tested less on Firefox, but never experienced the issues you're having Bunk. Will look into it.

- I'll also look into the verification thing, Marsuvees. Off hand, does anyone know anything about the verification process? I'll start researching either way.

Thanks again!
israeliag
AG
quote:
So... exactly one year (and two days) since starting this thread, finally...

THE PROJECTION LIST
First gift of Hanukah came early!
TCTTS
AG
Oh, wow. The ad block thing is definitely interesting. I'll let the programmers know ASAP on that one. Brian and SP - are you both on Chrome? Also, if you get the chance, can you guys be specific about what exactly *isn't* showing up. I don't need a detailed rundown, but can you at least see the listings or not? Are the ABOUT / CONTACT / LINKS / ETC. pages not showing up?
TCTTS
AG
quote:
first! looks good at first impression!

quote:
First impressions from my ivory throne this morning is it looks great!

quote:
I think this will become very useful for those in the industry TC.

quote:
And yes, this thing will be a smash hit, no question. I don't see how this doesn't become the go-to resource for release dates for all industry types.

quote:
First gift of Hanukah came early!
schmendeler
AG
one thing I noticed on mobile was (don't know if this is by design or not) that I can't scroll to the right to get to the imdb and rotten tomatoes link. I have an iphone 6.
Sex Panther
AG
I mainly use Chrome but Adblock was preventing it on Firefox as well. Same thing, just turned it off and it worked properly.
Bunk Moreland
TCTTS-

I had Adblock on as well. That was what it was. Definitely something you'll want to see if the programmers can get around. I wouldn't have even thought about my Adblock not allowing me to click that, mostly because I forgot I even have Adblock installed.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
one thing I noticed on mobile was (don't know if this is by design or not) that I can't scroll to the right to get to the imdb and rotten tomatoes link. I have an iphone 6.

It's actually only one column of trailers only. For the mobile version, the designers didn't want to give users more opportunity to leave the site. I fought back on that a bit, as I think it should have all three links, but we ultimately settled on an IMDb link appearing when there's no trailer, just so there's info available when there's no trailer to see. The designers were pretty adamant about keeping the mobile version as simple and stripped down as possible, and I get that. Loading another 200-300+ icons/links on a mobile browser can be a chore, and really slow things down, apparently.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TC - Yes, I'm on Chrome. Yes, the About, Contact, etc links are all there, and everything is where it should be.

When I click on the links at the top, I see a gray pop up with no content. When I click on the main links at the bottom, I get nothing.

I went ahead and added it to the Adblock exception list and it's working now.
TCTTS
AG
Brian and SP - so it was just preventing the entire site from showing up? What could you see - if anything - with ad block on? Either way, that's a hugely important note. Thanks a ton for catching that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A quick and dirty workaround right now could be a simple popup that says Adblock needs to be disabled.
TCTTS
AG
Gotcha, thanks! (Was posting as you were answering)
schmendeler
AG
I see. I wish there was a way to have them on there as well. a lot of times I just want to read a short synopsis, and don't really want to see a trailer until after I've seen if it's something i'm interested in.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I see. I wish there was a way to have them on there as well. a lot of times I just want to read a short synopsis, and don't really want to see a trailer until after I've seen if it's something i'm interested in.

Good to know. I feel the same way. This is something I'm probably going to insist on with the first round of updates early next year, as long as it's doable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Already bookmarked, btw.
TCTTS
schmendeler
AG
that said the polish of it is really sharp. doesn't look like something a day old.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Brian and SP - so it was just preventing the entire site from showing up? What could you see - if anything - with ad block on? Either way, that's a hugely important note. Thanks a ton for catching that.

In regards to Adblock being turned on.. The site shows up fine, and the animations work when you scroll over the bottom links. But when you click them nothing happens.

Also if you click the links at the top, the dark grey background shows up but no text. See below from when I clicked on "contact":

TCTTS
AG
Wow. Thanks for the notes/screenshot, SP. That helps a ton. Sending all this to the programmers right now...
TCTTS
AG
quote:
that said the polish of it is really sharp. doesn't look like something a day old.

Great to hear! Thanks!
Bunk Moreland
Yeah, it did exactly what SP screencapped.

If I clicked on any links at the bottom, theatrical, direct to home, etc...it did nothing. If i clicked links in the header it would just bring up the grey blank screen.
TCTTS
AG
^ Just sent a full report to the programmers. Hopefully this is a fairly easy fix. Thanks!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.