Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Dining recommendations in Amarillo

832 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by TikiBarrel
Lola68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags. I would appreciate any recommendations for places to eat in Amarillo. Will be there 2 nights and appreciate your help. Thanks
gus1390
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cellar 55. Have had a couple of very nice meals and wine there.
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gus1390 said:

Cellar 55. Have had a couple of very nice meals and wine there.

Agreed. Very good steakhouse. I've eaten there as a small group and for large meetings and it's been solid.

Yellow City Street Food has some great tacos. Shi Lees Soul Food is good all around. For burgers I like Blue Sky or Coyote Bluff. Tylers BBQ is fine but seems worse every time I go.
806aggie18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Amarillo has an awesome dining scene.

Cask and cork is one of my favorites, ask for patio seating. Lazy Gator is awesome Cajun food, probably my go to spot anytime I'm in town. Texas Firehouse is a sports bar if you want that sort of vibe, order the firehouse roll for the table and enjoy 2.00 happy hour beers. Theres plenty more, but these are the ones I find myself at the most.
Lola68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How is Metropolitan?
WestTxWood88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Metropolitan is very well done, highly recommend. OHMS (downtown steakhouse) is also very good for evening dining. I would suggest reservations at both Metro and OHMS ahead of time. If live music is your thing, check out the Lumberyard in Canyon. And if driving in from the south, stop for lunch in Plainview at Weekends BBQ and order the green chili sausage, burnt ends, and jalapeno poppers (ask for Monty - good Ag who runs the family BBQ business).
HSEAG13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Savor is also a great option.
JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big Texan...the steak is free!
Formerly Willy Wonka
TikiBarrel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JYDog90 said:

Big Texan...the steak is free!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.