Kid Friendly Sports Bar ITL
4,238 Views | 42 Replies
tmas
9:08a, 11/14/18
Looking for a kid friendly sports bar to host a party either ITL or close by.

~20 - 30 people with kids
Celebrating a b-day
Want to watch football games
On a Saturday from 2 - 6ish

Thanks!
yestoast
9:15a, 11/14/18
Just a bit outside the loop, but close enough:

Chulas Sports Cantina
Address: 11095 East Fwy, Houston, TX 77029
Visor Guy
9:21a, 11/14/18
Kirby Ice House - outdoor tailgate games and arcade for kids to play, plenty of tv's, food trucks, etc.
tmas
9:24a, 11/14/18
In reply to Visor Guy
I thought Kirby was 23 and up? Do they let kids in during the day? Would people hate me if I had kids running around?
Marauder Blue 6
9:26a, 11/14/18
Little Matt's in West U
Ag_07
9:28a, 11/14/18
Wakefield Crow Bar

See if you can rent out the back room. If not kids should still be ok
GoneGirl
9:39a, 11/14/18

Made me think of this..

But actually we went to a party like this for a friend of my son's 6th party and it was pretty great. We got to watch football and the kids played video games. She also had a snake guy come in and entertain them for a bit.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
tmas
9:43a, 11/14/18
In reply to GoneGirl
TxElsie said:

Made me think of this..

But actually we went to a party like this for a friend of my son's 6th party and it was pretty great. We got to watch football and the kids played video games. She also had a snake guy come in and entertain them for a bit.
Where did you go?

No babies, just a bunch of misbehaved 4 - 8 year olds.
Wildmen06
9:50a, 11/14/18
You can always go to Buffalo Wild Wings.
Marsh
9:50a, 11/14/18
Cactus cove bar and grill on 11th in the heights is nice. They've got a back room you can reserve for parties of your sizd. Lots of beers on tap, decent food, good amount of tvs. Allow kids.
The Wonderer
10:10a, 11/14/18
In reply to tmas
tmas said:

I thought Kirby was 23 and up? Do they let kids in during the day? Would people hate me if I had kids running around?
Yes, they absolutely would hate you.
drumboy
10:12a, 11/14/18
In reply to Marsh
Crystal Blue Meth said:

Cactus cove bar and grill on 11th in the heights is nice. They've got a back room you can reserve for parties of your sizd. Lots of beers on tap, decent food, good amount of tvs. Allow kids.
Came here to post this. Also The Boot is good if the weather is nice.
TheWoodsAg
10:41a, 11/14/18
Cactus or the Boot would be my choices, take my kids to both places quite a bit.
drumboy
11:02a, 11/14/18
8th Wonder would be good too. There are two rooms w/ TVs.
Diggity
11:11a, 11/14/18
I haven't been here, but a friend of mine mentioned that he took his kids here and they loved it.

Looks like they have a playground. Might be worth a look

www.liveoak-houston.com
The Milkman
11:26a, 11/14/18
Please let us know where you end up deciding to host this party. For our own planning purposes
K Bo
11:37a, 11/14/18
not too far OTL but Beaver's on Westheimer
HtownAg92
12:06p, 11/14/18
One block outside the loop - Cottonwood on Shep & 34th. Huge outdoor area for kids to run and play games (cornhole, Jenga, etc.), park next door (with gate at Cottonwood) with tennis court (if open) for dodgeball or "Butts Up / Spread Eagle" and jungle gym.
Liquid Wrench
12:22p, 11/14/18
In reply to Diggity
Diggity said:

I haven't been here, but a friend of mine mentioned that he took his kids here and they loved it.

Looks like they have a playground. Might be worth a look

www.liveoak-houston.com
Yeah, they've added a playground and have semi-private rooms but I'd recommend a group reservation. Really, any place would want a reservation for a big group with kids.
BarryProfit
1:01p, 11/14/18
FM Kitchen has lots of kids on the weekends.
Texaggie7nine
1:07p, 11/14/18
Unless you think the kids are old enough to enjoy watching football the entire time, go to Dave & Busters. Sports bar for adults and games for kids.
7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar
2:44p, 11/14/18
The Boot has done a great job with their remodeling of the outside. they also have a back room they rent out.
GoneGirl
5:21p, 11/14/18
In reply to tmas
tmas said:

TxElsie said:

Made me think of this..

Where did you go?

No babies, just a bunch of misbehaved 4 - 8 year olds.

It was in the Cypress area. Black Jack Bar and Grill
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
NASAg03
6:08p, 11/14/18
+1 FM kitchen, Nett Bar
anaggieshusband
6:29p, 11/14/18
Kid friendly?
Twin peaks
Liquid Wrench
6:36p, 11/14/18
In reply to Texaggie7nine
Texaggie7nine said:

Unless you think the kids are old enough to enjoy watching football the entire time, go to Dave & Busters. Sports bar for adults and games for kids.
Kids parties at bars are never about the kids. It's mostly about ruining the experience for every other paying customer not in their group.
Diggity
7:05p, 11/14/18
I generally avoid bars with playgrounds if I don't have the kids with me.
MAROON
8:45p, 11/14/18
Hooters - they have hula hoops for the kids to play with
Al Bula
9:47p, 11/14/18
The Drake is popular for families with kids
Martin Q. Blank
9:29a, 11/15/18
In reply to Marauder Blue 6
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Little Matt's in West U
are they even a bar, much less a sport's bar?

Cedar Creek
RK
9:44a, 11/15/18
i don't even recall seeing a tv in there. maybe you could watch on one of the ipads they have up front...not to mention that i'm not sure you could fit 30 people plus kids in there.
CATAGBQ04
10:43a, 11/15/18
The Boot

Just please abide by their kid rules, you'll see when you walk in.
Biz Ag
9:18p, 11/15/18
Skeeter's at Weslayan & Bissonnet.

Not a sports bar, but they have plenty of TV's that are always showing sports.

Definitely kid friendly as I've seen birthday & little league team parties there over the years.
JosephMarcus
10:17p, 11/15/18
I would vote for one of these. 2 of them have already been mentioned.

1. Treasure's
2. Chula's
3. Kirby Icehouse
4. Bombshell's
BillYeoman
2:08p, 11/16/18
Pitch 25
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy