The Magnificent Seven trailer
10,976 Views | 86 Replies
GiveEmHellBill
8:59a, 4/20/16

Okay, I'm in. Love that Denzel is in all black, seeing as how he's the Yul Brenner character.

Holy hell, Vincent D'Onofrio is unrecognizable.
wangus12
9:12a, 4/20/16
I'm....I'm actually impressed with how that looked.
Zombie Jon Snow
9:12a, 4/20/16

i don't know....just a few glimpses of him in the trailer and he looked to me like he did in The Judge except with a beard.

Observations:

a. that cast is loaded
b. the action looks pretty good
c. i'm concerned though, it looks perhaps too tongue in cheek like the brat pack western Young Guns

I'll remain hopeful though. Maybe its just that there are so many actors who often play sarcastic wise cracking roles, or those dry witted smart-aleck types:

Pratt, Sarsgaard, Hawke, etc.
MW03
9:16a, 4/20/16
In reply to Zombie Jon Snow
I get what you're saying, but that was the entirety of Steve McQueen's "Vin" and it wouldn't have been as good a movie without the snark from the King of Cool doing his thing.
Zombie Jon Snow
9:18a, 4/20/16

although to be fair the original certainly had its share of cockiness from Robert Vaughn, Steve McQueen, James Coburn and Charles Bronson although he did not say much.
Zombie Jon Snow
9:19a, 4/20/16
In reply to MW03
quote:
I get what you're saying, but that was the entirety of Steve McQueen's "Vin" and it wouldn't have been as good a movie without the snark from the King of Cool doing his thing.

yeah like i replied above (was typing it as you wrote yours) ....the original had a lot...i recognize that.

it could just be done wrong and over the top. like i said i'm hopeful.

jabberwalkie09
9:23a, 4/20/16
Well then.... I thought this was going to be meh when I read the trailer was coming today, even given the loaded cast. Though the trailer has definitely gained my attention.
80s Guy
9:32a, 4/20/16
I'm in. The remake of the "House of The Rising Sun" was an added bonus. Most covers of the song I have hated but this one has me intrigued.
Duncan Idaho
9:40a, 4/20/16
Oh great a remake of a remake of a movie that just copied a folk story. How original! And a strong female character as well! If they make it 3d, it will be like avatar 2:the west.
Duncan Idaho
9:44a, 4/20/16
Even as old as I am, I would jump at the chance to be an extra in a big budget western just for the chance to play dress up as a cowboy and make 10 year old Duncan jealous
MASAXET
9:55a, 4/20/16
That actually looks like a lot of fun
AliasMan02
10:23a, 4/20/16
Chris Pratt is just the coolest dude on the planet right now.
LHIOB
10:32a, 4/20/16
In reply to AliasMan02
quote:
Chris Pratt is just the coolest dude on the planet right now.
Cancelled
10:59a, 4/20/16
So it's a remake of a remake?
GiveEmHellBill
11:27a, 4/20/16
In reply to Cancelled
quote:
I would bet that there are a ton of people out there who have heard of (or even seen) The Magnificent Seven and don't know it's a remake to begin with.
TCTTS
11:28a, 4/20/16
Three things...

1) This looks way better than I was expecting, so much so that with Denzel and Pratt, I think this is actually going to be a huge hit at the box office.

2) I worked for Yul Brynner's daughter for years. She owned the production company where I production managed photo shoots. Her godparents were/are Elizabeth Taylor and Karl Lagerfeld, and, needless to say, she was definitely a handful to deal with. Saw some pretty cool/personal behind the scenes photos from the set of the original.

3) Fuqua's next project is VERY close to home for me. I can't wait to tell you guys about it, but the deal is still coming together, so I can't quite go into details yet. That said, if it comes together like we're hoping, look out.
hurleyag
11:31a, 4/20/16
I'm always in for a good western!
TCTTS
11:41a, 4/20/16
The chick in that trailer, Haley Bennett, is an up and coming actress my buddy knows. Just sent him a text. Ha, this was part of the exchange...

HIM: She is crazy but talented and definitely fiery

ME: Oh crazy in real life?

HIM: Crazy in real life. Mostly good crazy which translates into fun but also some psycho crazy.

Tempted to try and see for myself...
Bruce Almighty
11:42a, 4/20/16
Young Guns 3!!!!!
Velvet Jones
12:10p, 4/20/16
Kurosawa would not approve.

Looks interesting to me though.
Humorous Username
12:12p, 4/20/16
In reply to GiveEmHellBill
quote:
quote:
I would bet that there are a ton of people out there who have heard of (or even seen) The Magnificent Seven and don't know it's a remake to begin with.

Seven Samurai
DTP02
12:31p, 4/20/16
No hint of the iconic theme music. Hopefully they are saving for the movie or longer trailers instead of dispensing with it entirely.

I think the "original" had a little bit deeper cast in the titular roles, but Denzel is a bigger star than Yul and the Denzel/Pratt 1-2 is arguably bigger than whoever you want to pair with McQueen as the top two in the original.
Mr. White
12:34p, 4/20/16
I'm not sure I like the tone. I don't know. I do wish more westerns would be made.

I'll probably see it over at the local movie house. My buddy is friends with the owner. He's some far out eccentric old man. Says he can probably figure out a way to get me in for only $8. Maybe some popcorn.

There's a girl named Jennifer that works behind the snack counter. She's cool.
BMX Bandit
12:35p, 4/20/16
Hope the writing is as good as it was in True Detective season 2
TCTTS
1:19p, 4/20/16
In reply to BMX Bandit
Wow. Had no idea he was involved with this. Hmmm...
Professor Frick
1:22p, 4/20/16
Now it kind of makes me want to see a M7 with Cary Jo ***unaga directing.
captkirk
1:24p, 4/20/16
Looks good. I'm in.
Brian Earl Spilner
1:34p, 4/20/16
In reply to BMX Bandit
I stopped after the first episode. Did it ever get good?
Bunk Moreland
2:33p, 4/20/16
I'm in, but some of it looks like too much of a movie set to me. Hope it doesn't look that obvious on the big screen. Hoping it'll be good
Sex Panther
3:01p, 4/20/16
In reply to Brian Earl Spilner
quote:
I stopped after the first episode. Did it ever get good?

Season 2? Nah, it's not god awful but it's not that good. Especially after comparing it to season one.

lot of better options to watch right now. Put Fargo at the top of your list if you haven't seen it yet.
Atreides Ornithopter
3:01p, 4/20/16
At this point pretty much any action/comedy that Chris Pratt is in I will go see. He is actually the only actor I have ever said that about.
65532ag
3:14p, 4/20/16
Denzel and pratt is awesome but im pumped about D'onofrio as well, that dude does good work.
chris1515
4:00p, 4/20/16
Gotta have the theme song...

Seems almost like Denzel fell into a time machine and now the sequel to The Equalizer is a western.
Brian Earl Spilner
4:08p, 4/20/16
In reply to Atreides Ornithopter
quote:
At this point pretty much any action/comedy that Chris Pratt is in I will go see. He is actually the only actor I have ever said that about.
I'm excited for Passengers in December.
512Ag
4:18p, 4/20/16
In reply to TCTTS
quote:
The chick in that trailer, Haley Bennett, is an up and coming actress my buddy knows. Just sent him a text. Ha, this was part of the exchange...

HIM: She is crazy but talented and definitely fiery

ME: Oh crazy in real life?

HIM: Crazy in real life. Mostly good crazy which translates into fun but also some psycho crazy.

Tempted to try and see for myself...
Best kind of crazy to get behind for a little while.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings