************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************

97,038 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Max Power
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For Silas
WES2006AG
AG
Beat another good team and have 6 more in a row at home.
Aggie1391
Anyone have tickets for sale for Thursday's game? Looking for something in the lower bowl but trying to avoid the fees online.
WES2006AG
AG
Aggie1391 said:

Anyone have tickets for sale for Thursday's game? Looking for something in the lower bowl but trying to avoid the fees online.
Aggie09Derek is the guy who usually has tickets around here. Respond to one of his posts so he will see it.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Email me at Aggie09Derek@gmail.com

I'll have some options for you.
AG@RICE
AG
DPOY trophy renamed after the Dream. Love it.
shano0603
AG
AG@RICE said:

DPOY trophy renamed after the Dream. Love it.

MVP - MJ
DPOY - Dream
ROY - Wilt
6th Man - John H
Most improved - Mikan
Clutch POY - West
The Porkchop Express
Can they do a best in the regular season / worst in the playoffs award named after Harden?
Ags #1
AG
Lol. From up 23 to up 11. Nix is bad.
superaggie73
AG
Ags #1 said:

He really is horrible. Can't figure out why we keep him up on the team…especially at the expense of Christopher. It makes no sense.
Ags #1
AG
He looks like a guy you would have on your pick up team at the Y
AG@RICE
AG
Another W. Jalen's offense has been elite lately. There are moments where he looks completely unstoppable. In 2 years he might be the best offensive player in the league.
CFTXAG10
AG
AG@RICE
AG
superaggie73 said:

Ags #1 said:

He really is horrible. Can't figure out why we keep him up on the team…especially at the expense of Christopher. It makes no sense.
I don't like Nix, but Christopher is a trainwreck. His handles are too loose and his basketball IQ is waaaaaay too low to be an NBA PG. He might need to go play overseas for a few years to figure out how to play organized basketball. He probably needs to focus on being a shooting guard, but he currently doesn't do anything well enough at that position to merit game time. I think his pathway to being an actual NBA player is to become an elite level defender. He has the physical tools, but (again) the basketball IQ is too low. Nix is actually a much better PG than him and its unfortunately not close. That said, Nix is just a glorified D-league player.
WES2006AG
AG
Jalen is really good at home
Ags #1
AG
Lol!!! Can refs not call their own review? Clearly out on the heat
WES2006AG
AG
I thought that would be automatic inside 2 minutes,
superaggie73
AG
Tonight was perfect. Played well down the stretch…fun to watch…Porter, Smith, Garuba all looked great. But still lost and help us suck for Victor.
AG@RICE
AG
Refs helping the tank
chet98
AG
How has attendance been at the Rockets games? I ask b/c debating taking the kids to the game next Friday but not up for breaking the bank on tickets. Wondering about the feasibility of doing the old "buy for the nosebleed section and move down" strategy. Anyone have any insight?
Aggie09Derek
AG
They still semi check tickets - lots of empty seats below but would just actually buy the tickets you want to sit in.
chet98
AG
Yeah kind of figured. I've never actually attempted this bc didn't want to risk it not working out.
WES2006AG
AG
I've never seen a stadium as serious about making sure you don't move to better seats than Toyota Center. We figured years ago it wasn't really possible there most nights.
chet98
AG
Good to know. And super lame.
Texaggie7nine
Covid killed Flash Seats, which sucks.

No better way to score $20 lower bowl seats right before tip off.
7nine
Ags #1
AG
Blew a 15 pt lead. Cant beat a zone
AG@RICE
AG
2 bad performances in a row against crap teams after they played some inspired ball last week.

They might need to let Silas go and let John Lucas have the rest of the season.

The kids need someone who will yell and hold them accountable, Silas isn't that guy.

They might like him, but they don't respond to him.
GigEmMortis
AG
Let's not lose heart, friends. Wembanyama is the goal for this season. Being more competitive in games but still positioning ourselves well to draft him is the ideal way.
Aggie09Derek
AG
GigEmMortis said:

Let's not lose heart, friends. Wembanyama is the goal for this season. Being more competitive in games but still positioning ourselves well to draft him is the ideal way.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Should also be able to be active in free agency this off-season once Gordon/Wall etc finally fully off the books.
AG@RICE
AG
Ya, I'm losing focus. Silas' rye smile while watching us implode in the 3rd quarter is all part of the plan...
GigEmMortis
AG
For the record, I am totally on board with letting Silas go. In my mind, Silas is the equivalent of Brad Mills and/or Bo Porter for the Astros. He is the guy who is in charge of coaching the team during the obvious rebuilding years, who will probably end up being the scapegoat and let go eventually. I don't see him being the guy who is leading our team once our current young guys become vets
Max Power
AG
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35318050/sources-james-harden-seriously-considering-return-rockets
So he wanted out of Houston, then out of Brooklyn, possibly out of Philly, not sure I'm big on bringing Harden back when this team is being rebuilt and is so young. If he truly wants to come back then let him sign as a true free agent so that Houston doesn't have to give any assets to Philly. If he did that I would believe that he really wants to come back.

WES2006AG
AG
I don't want James anywhere near our young guys.
shano0603
AG
Max Power said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35318050/sources-james-harden-seriously-considering-return-rockets
So he wanted out of Houston, then out of Brooklyn, possibly out of Philly, not sure I'm big on bringing Harden back when this team is being rebuilt and is so young. If he truly wants to come back then let him sign as a true free agent so that Houston doesn't have to give any assets to Philly. If he did that I would believe that he really wants to come back.

Harden
Green
Wembanyama
Smith
Sengun

That team would score some points

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.