************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************

97,036 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Max Power
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RealTalk said:

Good start to tanking for Wembenyama.

Here for it.
AG@RICE
AG
Ryan34 said:

AG@RICE said:

I think Eric Gordon is washed. He will probably end the year on our bench.

I'll be very surprised if we don't trade him.
I don't think anyone will want him, I'm predicting a pretty poor year for EG3.

He looks fat.
Ags #1
AG
They are tough to watch
WES2006AG
AG
It wasn't pretty but it was the first W of the year.
CFTXAG10
AG
Beating the Jazz. Always a good time
Aggie09Derek
AG
Nice W tonight

will be a long year but can't wait to see what moves they can make next offsesason.
mAgnoliAg
canadiaggie
AG
FTJ
Aggie09Derek
AG
I missed the scuffle, east happened?
AG@RICE
AG
Tight game with less than a minute. Jalen doesn't properly secure a rebound and Jabari ripped him a new one. KPJ tried to calm him down, but Bari was pissed. Everyone eventually calmed down, no prob. Jabari went on to iced the game on 4 FTs. He might be the ideal closer in a late game free throw contest. You can easily get him the ball in contested spaces and he was nothing but net with the game on the line.

Good game.
CFTXAG10
AG
His FT shot is money. I am excited about his future with the team.
Harry Dunne
Watched the game vs. the Jazz last night. Almost came back from 19 down. Had it within 2 or 3 for a long stretch late. Missed a ton of layups. All contested, but all makeable. Missed a ton of 3s as well. Did a nice job creating them but just couldn't get them to sink. You can see we have the talent and the opportunities were there. Just need to learn how to close.

Was very impressed with Jabari overall. He's got pretty strong handles, which I did not expect. I hope the staff can steer the team in the right direction and not let it devolve, like so many young and talented but losing teams do.
GigEmMortis
AG
Is Sengun hurt? I hadn't heard anything in regards to his status, but noticed he hasn't played the last few games. I can't imagine him not playing if he's healthy, but with Silas I guess you never really know what crazy ass lineup he's going to trot out there on any given day
AG@RICE
AG
Still waiting for KPJ to actually play like a PG.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Sick
coastalAg
AG
AG@RICE said:

Still waiting for KPJ to actually play like a PG.

He's not a PG, but he is probably the best player on the team right now.

I would love a world where we find a starting PG, Jalen keeps developing, and KPJ turns into the best 6th man in the league.
AG@RICE
AG
Fat Eric Gordon missed a layup at the buzzer to tie the game. Tank keeps rolling.
WES2006AG
AG
This team looks like it really wants that top pick.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
Jalen Green seemed like he turned a corner and became a much more efficient scorer in the second half last year. Seems like that's been undone and then some.
CoachRTM
AG
Nets fired their coach. The implosion continues.
AG@RICE
AG
We have a pick swap with them this year. It would be a real shame if they ended up winning the lottery just so we could take their pick.
2012heisman
Sad thing is no matter how much tanking is done the best chance at Wemby is 14 percent. The NBA should go back to the old lottery odds. What was so wrong it? Who cares if teams were tanking. That was the only way for small market teams to even survive. I also hate the new in season tournament. Everyone should read the Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons (it is a great book no matter what you think about Bill Simmons). I am a millennial that started watching the NBA during the Shaq/Kobe Lakers 3-Peat years, and I learned so much about the history of the game through that book. An in season tournament is so stupid.
Unemployed
AG
Jabari Smith is struggling big time.
AG@RICE
AG
Rockets currently holding the last spot (14% lottery odds) and Brooklyn is 4th from the bottom (10.5% lottery odds).

Looking at ~25% odds of getting Wemby...

Stoned.
shano0603
AG
AG@RICE said:

Rockets currently holding the last spot (14% lottery odds) and Brooklyn is 4th from the bottom (10.5% lottery odds).

Stoned.
Can you explain how the pick swap works?

I understood it as being wed just take which ever pick is higher between us and Brooklyn.
Unemployed
AG
shano0603 said:

AG@RICE said:

Stoned.

I understood it as being wed just take which ever pick is higher between us and Brooklyn.
That's pretty much it.
AG@RICE
AG
shano0603 said:

AG@RICE said:

Stoned.

I THINK that the Rockets get whatever pick is better after the outcome of the lottery. Therefore if we win the lottery, we keep our own pick. If Brooklyn wins the lottery OR has a better pick than the Rockets, we get their pick.

As a result, their odds are now our odds.
shano0603
AG
AG@RICE said:

shano0603 said:

AG@RICE said:

Stoned.

I THINK that the Rockets get whatever pick is better after the outcome of the lottery. Therefore if we win the lottery, we keep our own pick. If Brooklyn wins the lottery OR has a better pick than the Rockets, we get their pick.

As a result, their odds are now our odds.
Username checks out
Ags #1
AG
Panchero 30 pts, smith 3
WES2006AG
AG
Last night was the first time in weeks these guys were watchable. Still pretty rough though.
GigEmMortis
AG
Beating Orlando doesn't help our chances at landing the #1 pick! WTF guys?!
AG@RICE
AG
Last few minutes were terrible. They could barely bring the ball up the floor under pressure. KPJ needs to work on how he deals with the full court press.

The team competes much better than last year, but they always seem to have a good 8-10 minute spell where they play like a JV basketball squad. A real PG will fix some of that, but most of these guys just need more time to develop consistency.
The Porkchop Express
GigEmMortis said:

The NBA might notice the 1-81 season record.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
gordo97
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

GigEmMortis said:

The NBA might notice the 1-81 season record.

Exactly…. You gotta win at least 1 game every other week
Juan Solo
AG
Sengun is magical today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.