************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************

95,622 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Max Power
RebAg13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clickbait article
Guitarsoup
AG
Salary cap: 134mm

KPJ: 15.9
Green: 9.9
Jabari: 9.3
Tate: 6.5
Sengun: 3.5
Eason: 3.5
Garuba: 2.6
Christopher: 2.5
TyTy: 2.3
KmartJr: 1.9 (team option)
Nix: 1.8 (not guaranteed)
1st round, #2 = 9.9mm
1st round, #20 = 2.9
---------------
67.2 (cutting nix) for 12 roster spots

66.8 in open, usable cap space

Celtics, Phoenix, Nuggets, Hawks, Knicks, Heat, Clippers, Warriors are all slated to be over the luxury tax next year without signing a single player. The Suns are over it with only 7 players on the roster. The Heat have 9. Milwaukee is right there before addressing their free agents including Brook Lopez (8 players signed.)

Philly is 5mm under the luxury tax, but that is before Harden opts out. This is Maxey's last year and he gets a max contract for sure. Minnesota has lots of issues as well, plus they traded away all their draft capital.

Quite a few teams the Rockets could take advantage of. There aren't a lot of great free agents this year, next year should be pretty great, though. The better way to use that space is probably to help a team out of luxury tax for assets, as long as it doesn't kill 2024 cap space.
coastalAg
AG
RebAg13 said:

Clickbait article
Totally. Jake Fischer trying to gain followers. "Addressed"

Guitarsoup
AG
coastalAg said:

RebAg13 said:

Clickbait article
Totally. Jake Fischer trying to gain followers. "Addressed"

I mean, how would Green know? I don't think Stone was sending him a text "BTW, I'm trying to trade you for Dame and sign Harden after we draft Wemby."
RebAg13
AG
Tweet doesn't say Green knows.
Guitarsoup
AG
RebAg13 said:

If Jaylen Brown can force his way to Houston to play for Ime for Green and change, Green is abso****inglutely available in a trade.
RebAg13
AG
Guitarsoup said:

RebAg13 said:

If Jaylen Brown can force his way to Houston to play for Ime for Green and change, Green is abso****inglutely available in a trade.
Maybe to a third team. He wouldn't be what Boston is looking for on their timeline.
Guitarsoup
AG
RebAg13 said:

Guitarsoup said:

RebAg13 said:

Maybe to a third team. He wouldn't be what Boston is looking for on their timeline.

The dream scenario I'm seeing on Reddit is Green+KPJ+3 picks for Brown, draft whoever you land (Wemby, Scoot, Miller, Jarace) and sign Harden. I think Boston says no, and I question the work ethic and playoff effectiveness of 34-37yo James Harden.
coastalAg
AG
Pretty interesting to see the Rockets show interest in so many accomplished, veteran coaches and the Pistons go in the complete opposite direction.

Not going to pretend to know much about Jarron Collins or Charles Lee as assistants, but Kevin Ollie is a pretty out there finalist.

Guitarsoup
AG
coastalAg said:

Pretty interesting to see the Rockets show interest in so many accomplished, veteran coaches and the Pistons go in the complete opposite direction.

Not going to pretend to know much about Jarron Collins or Charles Lee as assistants, but Kevin Ollie is a pretty out there finalist.

I'm a big Udoka fan and think that was a home run hire, but he was only head coach for one season at any level. It's not like hiring a guy that has run his own program for years like Rick Carlisle or something
coastalAg
AG
Guitarsoup said:

coastalAg said:

I'm a big Udoka fan and think that was a home run hire, but he was only head coach for one season at any level. It's not like hiring a guy that has run his own program for years like Rick Carlisle or something
I'm talking more than just Ime. The Rockets interviewed Frank Vogel, Kenny Atkinson, James Borrego and were linked to Nick Nurse.

Previous NBA Head Coaching experience appeared to be a big factor for the Rockets. The Pistons on the other hand, didnt really consider any of those guys from what I can tell. None of their three finalists have NBA head coaching experience.

Its just an interesting contrast given that they are at pretty much the same point in their rebuilds.
Harry Dunne
Aggie09Derek said:

D'Angelo is trash
This take aged poorly. Great trade for the Lakers. They're not still in it without him.
Aggie09Derek
AG
He's so off/on. They literally had to sit him in final minutes just a few games ago.

He did a lot better overall than I thought at filling his role though. Trade definitely was a positive one for them. Lakers killed the trade deadline especially since they are so restricted.
Harry Dunne
Take your L like a man.

He's clearly not trash.
Harry Dunne
Harden M.I.A. in another elimination game.
Guitarsoup
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Ryan34
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Game 6 too.
AG@RICE
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Ryan34 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Game 6 too.
He topped 17 points in two of seven games.
Ryan34
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Ryan34 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Game 6 too.
He topped 17 points in two of seven games.
agdaddy04
AG
Ryan34 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Game 6 too.

Their choke job in Game 6 at home was pretty impressive
AG@RICE
AG
I still think all the Harden to Houston chatter is BS. His camp needs other teams to think there is a viable suitor for his services with big cap space. Houston treated James well on his way out the door, so it seems logical that there may still be mutual interest. That said, I think the Rockets have little desire to reunite. Udoka would probably end up strangling James by the 3rd game and Tillman doesn't seem like a guy who takes well to being burnt. They aren't calling BS on the rumors for the same reason they placated Harden before, to look good to other potential star players.

It's time to move forward....far far away from James Harden.

The lottery is less than 48 hours away. Please pray to the basketball gods so they may show us good fortune.
TexAgs1992
AG@RICE said:

I still think all the Harden to Houston chatter is BS. His camp needs other teams to think there is a viable suitor for his services with big cap space. Houston treated James well on his way out the door, so it seems logical that there may still be mutual interest. That said, I think the Rockets have little desire to reunite. Udoka would probably end up strangling James by the 3rd game and Tillman doesn't seem like a guy who takes well to being burnt. They aren't calling BS on the rumors for the same reason they placated Harden before, to look good to other potential star players.

The lottery is less than 48 hours away. Please pray to the basketball gods so they may show us good fortune.
I wish I could buy this but do not underestimate how much Tilman and his sons really like Harden.
Guitarsoup
AG
TexAgs1992 said:

AG@RICE said:

I wish I could buy this but do not underestimate how much Tilman and his sons really like Harden.
"At least we aren't bringing in Ja Morant to mentor the young guns... guys!"
GigEmMortis
AG
Guitarsoup said:

TexAgs1992 said:

AG@RICE said:

"At least we aren't bringing in Ja Morant to mentor the young guns... guys!"
JPN06
Guitarsoup
AG
Harden was 0-8 for 0 points in the 4th quarters of games 5, 6, and 7.

The 76ers would have been better off with Ben Simmons.
JPN06
Unbelievable.

gigemJTH12
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Aggie09Derek said:

D'Angelo is trash
This take aged poorly. Great trade for the Lakers. They're not still in it without him.
what??? no way you believe this
HotardRat
AG
Over the years, it has always been shocking how easy it is to get Harden off his game mentally, especially in road games.

After the flagrant last night, he basically checked out.
YNWA_AG
AG
Can't believe people would want to spend cap space on garbage other than harden when harden is way better option at getting us into the play in than anyone else available
Harry Dunne
gigemJTH12 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Aggie09Derek said:

D'Angelo is trash
what??? no way you believe this

Yes way.

The Lakers have scraped by and wouldn't still be in it but not for the contributions of several surprising role players, including Russell.

I'm not sure why some of you can't understand the concept of someone being a very flawed & incomplete basketball player yet still being valuable to a team.
gigemJTH12
AG
valuable? sure. "they wouldnt be here without him" is a lot different than that.
coastalAg
AG
James is a loser, but so is this team right now. He won't have to worry about winning any Game 7s in Houston. Just run the offense and get the young guys better shots. Unless there are better options available, I would still be in favor of a 2 or 3 year deal at a high AAV. I don't see why any of the other top free agent PGs would come here, so our alternative to Harden is more KPJ running the offense.

All this goes out the window if we end up with Scoot Henderson. In that case we take our lumps with him as he grows and there is no spot for Harden.
WES2006AG
AG
Our young guys have not developed as quickly as we would like up to this point. Throw James into the situation and I am pretty sure we can go ahead and torch the rest of their careers. James would quite possibly be the worst influence possible. Not to mention he didn't leave on good terms and that shouldn't be so easily forgiven.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.